User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
To the OP:
Put your money where your mouth is, if you can do a better job prove it!

That is what I did after 9/11.  Gave up a career in architecture for a job with TSA.  Best decision I have ever made.  -snip-

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Please reply to the poll.

Sorry for the typos, its my fat fingers fighting my Blackberry.

I just went through TSA 15 minutes ago. Six blue-shirts working the line, ten standing off to the side. I listened to their discussions for a few minutes as I cleaned off the anal-lube. They were looking at the schedule and comparing how much overtime they were getting.
Everyone should watch how many blue-shirts are actually WORKING! Then go to McDonalds. Count how many "flippers" are actually WORKING.
See anything in common?

Not all TSA are involved with screening. Those 10 guys you speak of could have been Supervisory and/or Lead officers discussing checkpoint overtime. Could also have been BDOs or other specialized officers whom are not certified to work on the lanes. At any decent sized checkpoint you are guaranteed to find some officers standing around not appearing to be working because they are not intended to be on the lanes. That supervisor or lead will come over if the TSO find a suspected dangerious item in your bag or if you give the TSO so much grief that they can't perform their job. Otherwise you'll never see them on the lanes. The BDO practically wont move unless he spots someone demonstrating out of the ordinary behaviors.

You went through a checkpoint and saw a group of officers whom you do not specifically know their function, and only overheard a small part of a conversation in passing, and you used this as a basic to pass judgement on them?

Sounds like you just have a grip with TSA and filled in the blanks for yourself.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I failed to see how said TSA employees were being idiots. Sounds like they were just doing the job they had been assigned. Maybe you should turn your attention to where the decisions are being made (IE: Managment) and not towards the people out in the field who are just doing what managment told them to do???

DHS list the National Threat Level as Yellow or Elevated, BUT the threat level for the AIRLINE INDUSTRY is listed as HIGH or ORANGE.

Perhaps they recived information to believe something is up that is making them worry more and they are stepping up their "Layers of Security" ideas.

Ever notice how security seems to be redundant and checks the same thing more than once? Thats intentional so that if they miss something in one layer it's caught in another layer. They realise that their people are human and are cabable of making mistakes. No one wants a mistake to allow a plance to blow up in the air do they?

I admit  I've never heard of TSA doing random spot checks at the gate, but they will do a "gate check" on a person if the airline requests it, or if the airline encounters a passanger with a boarding pass marked for additional screening that had not been marked by TSA that the additional screening process had been completed.

Or perhaps there was a threat recieved against that particular flight. It is not uncommon for TSA to recieve information that a particular flight is the target of an unknown attack and step up security on that flight accordingly.

Do I enjoy goig threw TSA security? Hell No! But that does not make what they are doin any less important. If im going to be sitting in a damn flying metal tube several miles high with hundreds of strangers who have hundres of bags in a cargo hold under my ass, I'm not going to complain about having to send my shit threw screening. Yea I have to take my shoes and jacket off and occationaly get patted down, but in return I know that someone checked the rest of those people and their shit as well. Even if I were allowed to fly with a gun on my hip and my AR on my damn lap that wouldn't protect be from a bomb in the cargo hold or in the suitcase of the fucktard in the next aisle..

You need to chill out. These people are just doing theirs jobs just like any other person at work.

Bullshit
They are doing make work at HUGE WAGES AND BENEFITS paid for by MY TAX MONEY

See, in the real world, we have to earn our money.

They are sucking off the government tit, from the top on down.

Doing it "because management told you" isn't a good enough reason when you are working for me.  Because, believe it or not, in the end you are.  
It doesn't do jack shit for security and EVERYONE knows it.
it's a damn joke and basically a sop to the public unions to get a bunch of mouthbreathers jobs and "federal experience"

Do the right thing and either do something that actually provides security (see Israeli airports) or quit sucking off the government tit and go find some real work.

LoL they are performing an essencial security funtion while putting up with many nasty passangers all day. I've seen on many occations that one passanger who just refuses to cooperate turn an entire checkpoint line that was running smoothly straight to shit. Usually its not the TSOs who are the problem, its that passanger who gives them shit that ruins it for every other passanger waiting on line for him or her to act like an adult and stop crying like a baby that TSA is throwing out their shampoo bottle.

Everyone bitches about these rules so you obviously knows about them. Don't give the officers shit when they find your shit that doesnt belong.

And about your crack at Israeli security. That will never happen in the USA because everyone, and im betting you included, would shit a brick while crying civil rights violation!

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
To the OP:

That is what I did after 9/11.  Gave up a career in architecture for a job with TSA.  Best decision I have ever made.  I started in NY and was one of the first to have the job.  I do not care if you like TSA or not, our mission is quite simple, keep the bad people and bad things off of the aircraft.  How we go about that task can get really technical.  After 6 years I have met some of the most dedicated officers in this country.  We quietly do our jobs, often to a thankless public, we endure many slanders but always focus on the mission.  

By the way you are welcome, and I am glad you made it to your destination safely.  Mission accomplished!

To those of you who trash the TSA, I respect your freedom of speech as I respect all of our Constitutional rights (this is the third time I have taken oath to our country).  My question to you is, what would you do differently?  Are there bad officers?  Yes there are, my advice is ask to speak with their supervisor.  If asking fails, demand it.  We work for you, you help pay our salaries and deserve the best possible security and customer service that we can provide.  If there is a problem we will fix it.

To those of you who get it and are supportive of the TSA.  Thank you, I know that I am not wasting my time, talent or energy to help protect our country.

Fuck the TSA and their and stupid 3oz of liquid in a clear baggie, and their thieves, and the false sense of security they are provide, and their employees who act like robots.

Clean up your organizations act, and you will get some respect for doing your job. Until then, stuff it. I don't appreciate the job that you do, or how you do it.

Ever look up how much explosive there is in a hand grenade?  Roughly a lil over 3oz.  You want the explosive content of a hand grenade or greater going off 3 rows infront of you at 30,000 feet?

You can thank the terrorists that actually filled bottles full of liquid explosives and disguised them as water bottles and baby milk for the liquids ban.

There are reasons behind these regulations. To keep the plane from blowing up 5 miles in the damn air and keeping people alive.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
To OBLIVION:

Sorry, but the TSA idiots lost my vote when they forced a young mother to drink her own breast milk to prove the liquid in her bottle was not explosive. (This was verified a couple of years ago, so don't deny it).

You can argue your points all you want, but the poll results are against you here.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
TSA is the CCC of the 21st century.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I must disagree: the CCC actually did some good

ETA: after the need for the CCC had ended about 10 years after its creation, funding was cut off and it simply ceased to exist. Maybe the TSA will go the same way.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must disagree: the CCC actually did some good

Touché
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:15:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
To OBLIVION:

Sorry, but the TSA idiots lost my vote when they forced a young mother to drink her own breast milk to prove the liquid in her bottle was not explosive. (This was verified a couple of years ago, so don't deny it).

You can argue your points all you want, but the poll results are against you here.

Not going to argue the event, it indeed happened.

The thing is TSA is a very young agency that is constantly refining its methods and trying to weed out the idiots like the ones who where involved in that incident.

Im certain that today any TSO that was caught forceing a passanger to sample an item in their bag to prove its authenticity would be terminated or at the very least formally reprimanded.

TSA was thrown together very quickly and thus had a shit ton of flaws. Over the years they have been trying to correct those flaws and repair the damage done in past years.

The past is the past. But don't we all learn from our mistakes and move forward?
I believe that is what TSA has been trying to do.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
To the OP:

That is what I did after 9/11.  Gave up a career in architecture for a job with TSA.  Best decision I have ever made.  -snip-

http://i38.tinypic.com/23rwd4x.jpg

Sent the Constanza pic to my old boss.  I received a two word response from him. F*@# You!

To BozemanMT:
Two weeks ago the Fedral Times had an article about pay of gov employees, guess who was at the bottom of the list?  TSA.

From a different perspective.  I can honestly empathize with the folks who don't get it.  It saddens me that OUR citizens of this country have to endure security at the airports.  Maybe, just maybe those people doing security know what they are doing.  Most people want to know that the function being provided is the best TSA can provide.  Instead of causing disharmony with the process meant to keep prohibited items and bad people off of the airlines, travelers could help the process.  How the traveler can best prepare themselves is by knowing what their part is.  Really that is not to much to ask, I see people every day who know what they need to do to get through security.  Ask yourself a a couple of questions next time you fly.  Do I know what is allowed through the security checkpoint?  Is anything I brought not allowed?  Is my ID valid?  Did I arrive safely?

If you can answer the last question with a yes.  Did TSA do its job correctly?  I know that there are a lot of negatives associated with TSA.  Not a day goes by where the agency does not get better as a whole.  Are there challenges in our future, yes.  

Many decisions are made during the security process each day.  Those decisions need to be correct every time.  We have to get it right each time, millions of times a day.  The Terrorists only need to be right once.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#11]
fark it you're foing...

to get swabbed.  Nice knowing you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#13]

You fent! Did you get swabbed?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top