BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The president would call in the United Nations Troops to do the confiscation after the first few few massacres.

Uhh...

The UN doesn't have 'any 'troops' to call in...

The US military *IS* the UN's 'troops' in every major operation they've done...

Other countries contribute, but I don't think their guys would be too happy being assigned to the duty being discussed here, their personal feelings towards the US notwithstanding
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The president would call in the United Nations Troops to do the confiscation after the first few few massacres.

Uhh...

Other countries contribute, but I don't think their guys would be too happy being assigned to the duty being discussed here, their personal feelings towards the US notwithstanding

Other countries only contribute to touchy-feely missions, passing out food, or standing around pretending to 'peace-keep' (but really doing little more than screwing the local women)....

The only countries that actually carry the weight for the UN, are the US, and our immediate allies...

The fact is, as stated above, NO ONE is going to call in any troops to take any guns... It's too expensive, too confrontational, and less likely to work than the passive approach....

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Gun confiscation   ?

Would you like to hear from someone who has been throught it?

Voted for by the masses.

Handguns and semi-auto full bore rifles banned here then confiscated.

We were a minority and withstanding civil unrest and armed conflict we had to hand our guns in.

As we were already "registered" ( guys, registration IS the first step to confiscation remember that )

Every gun needed to be collected was know and where it was....collection was easy as we shooters are normaly law abiding

In my heart I know that most of you guys would comply too...even you chest beaters....you know who you are.

Here the Newspapers drove the new draconian laws IMHO

Now only the criminals have guns...since the ban of pistols and semi-auto rifles gun crime has risen 30%.....

Last I checked, most folks 'turned them all in'.... And your police have just picked up the rest as they are found....

And there was no door-to-door tossing of houses looking for guns, right?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uhh...

Other countries only contribute to touchy-feely missions, passing out food, or standing around pretending to 'peace-keep' (but really doing little more than screwing the local women)....

The only countries that actually carry the weight for the UN, are the US, and our immediate allies...

The fact is, as stated above, NO ONE is going to call in any troops to take any guns... It's too expensive, too confrontational, and less likely to work than the passive approach....

Totally independent of the gun confiscation thing, didn't the Pakistanis contribute some combat troops in Somalia, or were they just pressed into service to get our guys out after TSHTF?  Been a long time since I read Blackhawk Down so I can't recall off the top of my head.  By and large, however, you're right.  Other than the American troops we lend them, I'd be more intimidated by a bunch of urban yoots with AKs than many UN "peacekeepers".
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Gun confiscation   ?

Would you like to hear from someone who has been throught it?

Voted for by the masses.

Handguns and semi-auto full bore rifles banned here then confiscated.

We were a minority and withstanding civil unrest and armed conflict we had to hand our guns in.

As we were already "registered" ( guys, registration IS the first step to confiscation remember that )

Every gun needed to be collected was know and where it was....collection was easy as we shooters are normaly law abiding

In my heart I know that most of you guys would comply too...even you chest beaters....you know who you are.

Here the Newspapers drove the new draconian laws IMHO

Now only the criminals have guns...since the ban of pistols and semi-auto rifles gun crime has risen 30%.....

Last I checked, most folks 'turned them all in'.... And your police have just picked up the rest as they are found....

And there was no door-to-door tossing of houses looking for guns, right?

no
We had to got to them to hand them in.....spooky
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Federal 'martial law' is a suspension of Habeus Corpus, and the deployment of the militia (National Guard) for law enforcement purposes & to supress insurrection.

huh?

eta The militia is NOT the National Guard. The NG is NOT the militia. We really don't want to go there, do we?

Actually, I do and will

According the the Constitution, the 'militia' is federally funded & equipped, trained to federal standards, and state administered.

It's right there in Article 1 Sec 8.

The National Guard fits the Constitutional definition of MILITIA to a "T'...

Article 1 Section 8, US Constitution:

Congress shall have the power....

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute theLaws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining theMilitia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Serviceof the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment ofthe Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to thediscipline prescribed by Congress;

To provide for organizing, arming -> Federally funded

disciplining -> Trained to federal standards (See 'discipline' of the armed forces elsewhere in Art1 Sec8)

and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States  -> see above 'to provide for calling forth' provision' as to why this would ocurr

reserving to the states respectively, the Appointment of the Officers -> States commission militia officers. This applies to NG officers today

And the authority for training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress -> The UCMJ & US Army FMs are 'the discipline perscribed by Congress'. States are responsible for executing the training of their NG troops, according to these items.

You see, the National Guard IS the modern incarnation of the Constitutional militia...

Thereby effectively invalidating our claims to an individual right to keep and bear arms. I don't like your interpretation of militia.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I would have my methods of dealing with things.  No one here would really agree with me on how I would respond.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At one time, not too long ago, I was pretty sure that if a Katrina-esque situation were to happen nationwide where guns were to be confiscated door to door I doubted they would do it.
However, since then I have come to one realization.

Yes, there would be some in the Military who would refuse to do so, but overall, they would slaughter you and I if we refused to comply.

My reasoning?

A little part that says foreign and domestic  enemies,which is where the right to bear arms comes in at.And any soldier has taken an oath to up hold against said enemies.
Not to do the bidding of some self-styled dictator.You would be hard pressed to find many in uniform start a slaughter .Would the N.G. stand by and watch regs.open up?kind of doubt it.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

U.N. troops?that would be be about the biggest mistake he could make.I can see the headlines now"U.S.troops stand by and watch Mexican soldiers shoot down U.S.citizens"
Mexican or any other than there would be war.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top