Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I see the "re-distribution of wealth" continues.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I will stick this on thr.us
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing worse than a thief.

I hope you get it back
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear of your loss.  That sucks.

However, aren't hotel parking lots kind of notorious for thievery?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Please keep us posted on the progress/outcome of this.

Many moons ago I had my entire gun collection stolen
in a burglary so this is a red hot issue for me.

As already mentioned; `check all area pawn shops.

Im sure you have already
but Ill ask anyway,..you have reported it to the police and had its serial number
entered into the system???

Check all gun shops.

check all gun shows in the rare instance you see someone walking around with a for sale
sign sticking out of its barrel.

I dare say this rifle has been delivered to the drug culture. Stolen guns is the A-#1 source
for Felons/drug dealers since they cant pass the background check.

More than likely it will only surface when the scum that has it commits a crime with it or
is caught in possession with it by the police.

My very best to you guys.  I sincerely hope this scum is caught and your property returned.
Once caught, make darn sure your press charges to the fullest extent of the law and put
this trash away in jail.

keep us posted,

MH.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were king, thieves would have their hands amputated and shoved down their throat.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This should be printed out and taken to EVERY police department, pawn shop, range, and gun store in Florida.  

It's too distinctive a rifle for anyone who's seen a picture of it to miss it.

There's a gun show in Melbourne this coming weekend, I think.  I'll be there and will
of course keep my eyes open just in case it walks in the door.

I will be glad to make up some flyers and distribute them at the show, if there are no
objections from Jon or anybody else.

CJ

THIS!

The OP should also email/contact every FFL in the area.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm sure everything has been done already but give the serial# to EVERY registered FFL/police dep in FL, GA, TEN and where ever else you might think it could go.

Sorry about the loss that sucks and I hope the thieves die........

Dont even bother wasting your time calling every Florida law enforcement agency and attempting to give them the serial number of a firearm already reported stolen to another agency.

Thats what NCIC is for...

If anything, just ask the Original Reporting Agency to send out an email, along with the pictures. No Law Enforcement agency is going to take some random call seriously, as there are way too many wacko's out there who cant be believed.

Since Im a LEO in the palm beach county area.. my educated guess is it was stolen by a crack head and is already in the hands of some thug which will be using it for trigger time in Riviera Beach,West Palm Beach, or Belle Glade this weekend.

People who leave anything of value in their vehicles in this county, without chaining it down, are victim's waiting to happen.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't be putting up posters on every street corner!  Even tho they are really stupid to steal something they are smart enough to know that if they see posters everyehere with a reward they are going to make it disappear. Keep it low key, report it to LE, watch the local gun shows, maybe tell local ranges and I bet it shows up.  I wouldn't even tell pawn shops. These places are usually just as shady as the thieves that took it, and might even be in on it!  It will turn up when they call in the background check.

Stang
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]
FWIW...

I dropped off a few flyers (w/photos from your posting) this morning to the various firearms dealers and gun ranges here @ Tampa/St. Pete. area. Sixteen different locations total thus far. I'll drop off some more tomorrow on the south side across the bay. It's a long shot, but you never know - You just might get lucky.

And as far as contacting the various local agencies....   By all means...Do So.  The more officers you talk to the better!  NICS is not going to go out and find your weapon for you, but if you hand out/ fax/ or E-mail a few flyers w/pics out to some of the officers - THEY MIGHT. Most cops like guns, and one as distinctive as yours is will be remembered.  It's our job to take such reports seriously (no matter whom the complainant or how unseemly solvable the crime).

One thing is for certain, if you do nothing else - then nothing else is all that will ever come of it.

FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll forward to all of my "gun" partners here..  "here" is St. Lucie Co./ Martin Co.

most likely it went south.. but ya never know.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Guys, And Jon most of all!!! I was looking around to see if I could find my Stolen Items for sale and discovered Jon had posted this with a reward! Jon you are awesome! Thanks for all the help in passing this on it really renews my view on people! Since the theft I have been very distrustful and paranoid of many people.

The thieves struck around 5:30-5:35am, Security checked it around 5:25am, I was coming out at 5:40-5:45am when I found the ramp door down! What a sinking feeling! We lost 3 AR-15 Rifles.

I will match the $500.00 Reward for the same criteria as Jon Has.

The stolen AR's Laser Etch is the same as shown on two of the recievers and they are consecutively numbered, The other is a DPMS Panther Carbine with (The Army Seal and Sgt. Joseph Dyer) etched on the magazine well and (Bestshot) over the trigger.

The local police were notified right away! But I have not heard from them since I got them the serial numbers.

I really appreciate this thread and the people on this site Thanks for renewing my Hope!

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate to be a bearer of bad news but I checked into the system and the NICS check is not any good for identifying a stolen firearm nothing is checked except for the person buying! And this is true!!!

On the other hand if the registry is checked for lost or stolen reported firearms, or ones used in a crime or suspected of being stolen, all second hand stores and pawn shops are required to check the firearms, however this relies on a lot of factors such as type and description and manufacturer name being correct in the search as I am told.

I will hope for the best Thanks!!!!

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks Guys, And Jon most of all!!! I was looking around to see if I could find my Stolen Items for sale and discovered Jon had posted this with a reward! Jon you are awesome! Thanks for all the help in passing this on it really renews my view on people! Since the theft I have been very distrustful and paranoid of many people.

The thieves struck around 5:30-5:35am, Security checked it around 5:25am, I was coming out at 5:40-5:45am when I found the ramp door down! What a sinking feeling! We lost 3 AR-15 Rifles.

I will match the $500.00 Reward for the same criteria as Jon Has.

The stolen AR's Laser Etch is the same as shown on two of the receivers and they are consecutively numbered, The other is a DPMS Panther Carbine with (The Army Seal and Sgt. Joseph Dyer) etched on the magazine well and (Bestshot) over the trigger.

The local police were notified right away! But I have not heard from them since I got them the serial numbers.

I really appreciate this thread and the people on this site Thanks for renewing my Hope!

First off, I would like to welcome you to this site.

Secondly, It sucks that your firearmS were taken. Jon only gave us details on the one weapon listed at the beginning of this thread.  If I may ask - Were any of your firearms insured, and was there anything else stolen during the theft?

Please, keep us informed if any of your property is recovered, or any perpetrator(s) apprehended.

FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 3:30:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hate to be a bearer of bad news but I checked into the system and the NICS check is not any good for identifying a stolen firearm nothing is checked except for the person buying! And this is true!!!

On the other hand if the registry is checked for lost or stolen reported firearms, or ones used in a crime or suspected of being stolen, all second hand stores and pawn shops are required to check the firearms, however this relies on a lot of factors such as type and description and manufacturer name being correct in the search as I am told.

I will hope for the best Thanks!!!!

You do know, of course, that a firearm has to be ENTERED into the NICS system  as stolen in order for it to come up as stolen within that system.  By serial number and manufacturer.

And it doesn't appear in the system instantaneously.   It may not have even been processed yet.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 4:54:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the concern they were entered into the system 11/10/08, The West Palm Police kept calling me for one of the serial #,s until I got back with them! Actually the officer entering the information called me because he needed the Serial # to finish.

I remembered the Two Anvil Arms numbers right away and a quick call to Jon and a reply confirmed it.

I am very Glad I did not have the two SBR Rifles I am waiting for the Tax Stamps on! (Safe in Jon's Safe!)

I was more upset when I found out that when they run the background check that there is no cross reference done on a firearm, We perhaps should write our Congressmen about this! If they are going to invade our privacy with a background check they at least owe us the measure of checking we are not buying a stolen firearm! I will suggest this to the NRA.

As for insurance I had it!

I can tell you do not think your homeowners policy will cover your firearms! When I checked years ago I found out I had $500.00 of firearms insurance and a $500.00 deductible! (This is why most claims are not filed!) When I found out about this I purchased an additional Rider Policy for my firearms, I have not heard back from my insurance company on the Dollars yet but I have good expectations.

Another word to the wise Riders are generally only for $5000.00 with a $500.00 deductible and a caveat that says no single item over $2500.00

I have really learned a lot out of this experience, There is additional insurance available through your homeowners policy for a larger policy on firearms. When I checked mine it was almost $3.00 per every $100.00 of value per year, However if you are a NRA member you can insure your goods for Less than $2.00 per $100.00 of Value! The NRA is the clear choice for the larger than $5000.00 policy!

The NRA also with membership provides you with a $1000.00 policy automaticly!

I,ve got to go to work I will be back later thanks Guys!!!

Man of Many Guns
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#18]
sharp looking weapon. Hoes the fluting affect performance??

Sorry about your loss.

Anyone notice, we speak of the weapon as if it were a member of the family?? Oh that's right.......it is.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Just to clarify things for you - you're confusing NICS and NCIC - two completely different things.

NICS(National Instant Check System) is the FBI background check - just for priors that would disqualify you from purchasing a firearm.

NCIC(National Crime Information Center) is the agency with a database of convicted persons and stolen property, among other things. When a firearm is reported stolen, the serial and description are entered into the NCIC stolen property database. Pawn shops are required by law to cross-reference the serial number of every gun they get with that stolen property database.

While NCIC does maintain the records used in the NICS check, they don't automatically check every gun against the stolen property records when it is sold. The responsibility of checking whether an item is stolen falls on the pawn shop, and they can get in BIG trouble if they are found with a stolen weapon in their shop that they should have caught on a database check.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#20]
well I hate for my first actual post to be on a subject like this but I finally had to chime in and mention something.  

As everyone has noted this rifle is pretty unique.  whats the chances that this thing will be parted out and sold as individual pieces.  it will be fairly difficult to prove each piece came from this rifle unless they are individually marked like the lower receiver.  

hopefully the person in posession of this rifle will be as stupid as most theives are and will leave it intact so it can be recognized and recovered.  

Oh yea, greetings everyone from a new guy in Melbourne, FL.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I work every gun show in Nashville.

I'll keep an eye open.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Dear lord those are nice rifles. Hope you get 'em back.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#24]
this OTR truck driver will be looking  

I would put a ad on craigslist looking to by ar rifle in that area, sounds dumb but works
remember most thiefs arn't masterminds

good luck to ya
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 4:15:33 AM EDT
[#25]
didn't see it at the jackson, ms gun show.  hope you find it soon.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#26]
So the security guard was at the scene of the crime shortly before it was discovered?   Hmm.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:48:10 AM EDT
[#27]
THAT SUCKS!!

I wouldnt wait for it to show up in a pawn shop though. If it was stolen in West Palm, some gang banger owns it now.

I would keep an eye out for it in homemade videos on youtube though.

Like this.
Hood Life

Thats all WPB thuggery going on up in this mug yo.

They love to show their stolen guns in these videos.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Holy shit that gun is fuckin NASTY!

nasty, in a good way.

Hope someone finds the FUCK that jacked it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:13:21 AM EDT
[#29]
For future reference,  No. 15 Master padlocks are a tough cookie to break and they're not expensive, given the security they provide.  And high quality padlock hasps are also pretty inexpensive.   There's NO WAY I'd have less than FOUR of them on a trailer carrying guns,
and you shouldn't, either.

You should take that as a little bit of constructive advice.   IMPROVE SECURITY.

Heck, if I had a gun trailer, I'd build an internal cage in it out of steel channel strut, and
weld the bolts!  

CJ
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I used to work at an RV dealer, and can imagine a thief going through the skin without much trouble.   Maybe a modest, concealed gun locker would be the way to go.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Hi Guys,

These Nefarious Thieves cut the Highest Security American lock like butter on one side and on the other side used a crowbar and broke the locking hasp. If they want in they will get in! They will get a big suprise next time! I am looking at a silent alarm with a vibration sensor and beeper that will alert me And I carry Concealed!!! Or maybe I can set up My XM21(Since they took my 3 AR-15's) on the balcony next time "Ah Ha" I wish I had some exploding bullets for it! I would love to shoot them in the a#* and watch it would be fun! Oh I would call the police though after I fall asleep and let them bleed out! Maybe I will just get in the trailer and wait for them with a grease gun. Is a crow bar considered a weapon?

All in fun I have found a secure method to store the trailer there in the future.

And Jon is going to build my new Guns as I do not believe anyone else does it better after seeing the tolerence problems on factory guns that ship out anyway! I know that Jon has the real cookie not the artificial one! I know the platform well I maintained vaults full of M-16 Variants for 20 plus years. (1978-2000) A really unbelieveable fact is that I have fired more than two hundred and forty thousand rounds of 5.56x45mm down range at pop up and paper targets at taxpayer expense. I wish I had that ammo now!!! I could never understand that if you ordered the ammo it had to be turned in empty cases only! All the Units I supported never used up all of the ammo! Trigger Time

You can see some of my military pictures in the gallery on bestshotdirect.com

Thanks for the help guys distributing the flyers and the photos and all! You are all the best!!!

Man of Many Guns
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Seriously.

If I found it I'd return it out of principle. I think any ARFCOMer would.

Amazing rifle.

this

hope you guys get it back...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top