Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
At one time in this nations history a man would be ashamed to take a high salary job and not put in a full days work. If this is what it has come to they deserve everything they get.

This is a sorry and embarassing time for America.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
At one time in this nations history a man would be ashamed to take a high salary job and not put in a full days work. If this is what it has come to they deserve everything they get.

Im hourly. If i work slow and dick around i will work for 8 eight. If i bust my ass and take no breaks and no lunch i can get done in 4 and paid for 8. Sorry im the downfall of society.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sarcastic, inflammatory statements aside, I think it's obvious to most people here that it isn't all unions that are at fault. It's OK to say that the UAW has negotiated some ridiculous conditions. I've seen it myself, first-hand, both as a truck driver and more recently, as a union Steamfitter working in-plant through an outside contractor. Don't lump me in with the typical UAW excesses you may have read about but have never seen.

Unions--all of them--are just an effort to create a labor cartel. Not all of them are as bad as UAW, but they are all efforts at labor cartels.

So, tell me: are you non-union labor or white-collar/management? Or just a college student? Just curious about your background WRT your above statement.

I like how the union guys break the world down in to the proletariat and the bourgeoise whenever possible.

Ever notice my former sig line etc?!  heh....

Well put sir......You are

a-Bourgoise
b-Proletariate

Make your choice.  

It's the only hope the union has these days.  That's whay the strongest, most robust union is
SEIU.  They  represent unskilled people making crap wages.

Of course, it never occured to any of these people to work harder  and get a better job....It's up to us to pay a janitor 15 bucks an hour.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im hourly. If i work slow and dick around i will work for 8 eight. If i bust my ass and take no breaks and no lunch i can get done in 4 and paid for 8. Sorry im the downfall of society.

BS dude.  You're lieing.  I'm calling it right now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit I call bs on your BS I did that for years and loved it.

Flat rate rules.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit I call bs on your BS I did that for years and loved it.

Flat rate rules.

Pay 8 is pay 8.  What was being inferred was different.  

I worked PAy 8 for YEARS and it rocked.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Best day ever was 2 hours for 8.5 hours of pay. Drivability ruled when I could get it. But usually I was stuck with light line crap.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
This is why I DON'T GIVE A FUCK about buying American cars and supporting lazy assholes.  Hope they lose their jobs and benefits.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so ?

You'll get sent home after 4 hours if you work....Hehe....

What is MORE likely is that you'll have to go help OTHER departments that are lazy.

If I 'm not accurate, then, you deserve not to have a job because you fuck around.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so ?

You'll get sent home after 4 hours if you work....Hehe....

What is MORE likely is that you'll have to go help OTHER departments that are lazy.

If I 'm not accurate, then, you deserve not to have a job because you fuck around.

Im a meter reader for the utilty company. The average house has 2 meters, one gas and one ele, some have 2 ele. I average between 800-1000 meters per day which = 8-12 miles a day,and no when your done with your route you turn your handheld comp in and go home.

I was misread.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
works for me but that doesn't sound like hourly. More along the lines of salary to me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Unfrickenbelievable.

No wonder Toyota is kicking their ass.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I could think of hundreds of things that they could do instead of wasting time.

I am presently employed as a translator at a semiconductor plant in Japan.
My contract states that I work for 6 days a week, but due to the manufacturing schedule/process, they only need my translating abilities for 4 days a week.

For the first six months, I was patrolling the parking lot picking up cigarette stubs, checking inventory, inspecting wafers, acting as a receptionist (bad idea for all involved), flower bed gardening, and any other odd jobs that they could think of.

After that someone in management thought that they could utilise my time and generate some revenue by hiring me out to the local university to teach English for a day per week.
Additionally they arranged for me to do free English lessons at the local community center for the local residents for the other day.

I'm sure that something more useful to do than just sitting around could be found for most of those people in the "Job Bank"
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#16]
pathetic
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top