Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Adapt or die.
View Quote

....and that is how I ended up in Quality.  I looked for a profession that would always be in demand.  Whether you're producing milk or bleach, cars or carpet, you need a quality guy to take the fall if it goes bad.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I laugh at those who think they know the exact cause of economic downturns, as well as the "right"solutions to "fix" the economy.
If there was some magic cure to slow economic times, don't you think power hungry, poll obsessed politicians would use it?
The economy has always fluctuated, risen and fallen, for as long as there's been an economy.
There are cycles.
Disasters like 911 occur also.
But the economy will rise again (in case you haven't noticed, that's what is occurring, as we speak), at least if history is any indicator.
Those who seem to "know" otherwise are probably just hand wringing or fantisizing.

"white collar" covers too broad a base to merit all the bashing that's going on here, right now.
Do you really think that a 22 year old college grad who aspires to be an engineer really deserves some sort of wrath?
Every company needs management, leadership, and creators.
Why hold it against someone who has nothing to do with the problem?
I must assume you favor "reparations", with this attitude.

A world without "white collar" workers looks an awful lot like the Soviet Union under Stalin.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
These are the same white collar fucks who cheered when nafta was signed, and they shut down plants and factorys, large and small and put lots of "blue collar"people out of work because they could get it done cheaper overseas?.....Now it's coming back to bite them in the ass...and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them? Fuck them, Let them find out how it feels to be shit on....
View Quote

It was Slick Willie the darling of the Unions the signed it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

White collar Assholes put us in this Recession. It's called white collar stock market fuckin got caught.                                                                                             But if you get caught with some dope, twenty years. White collar punishment you can't drive your BMW for a week.

And we live in a fair society.

When will your greed stop?

I have some swamp land for sale but no KY Jelly for you white collar workers.
View Quote

Comrade,

Please explain your treatise.

[img]http://www.fotw.net/images/s/su.gif [/img]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]
If you unemployed people stay away from MY mall water fountains, everything will be fine.

I remember years ago, right before NAFTA and GATT were passed, hearing on the Chuck Harder show the warnings about what would happen if the U.S. went from a manufacturing based to serviced based economy. The FDCGH's proved his point.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top