Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Aztec.  By a mile.

+1
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The honda Element.  I would walk before I drove one of them dam things.

I kind of like the Mini Cooper.  But I would never buy one too small.

I'm 6'1'' and have no problem with mine.  In fact my dad always wants to drive it and he's 6'5".  They are so much fun if you ever get the chance to test drive one, go for it.  You'll giggle like a school girl if you like taking corners fast.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Pontiac Aztek. Now that is an ugly POS. I couldn't believe they $22K for the base model. Eww....

It could be made into a nice lowrider.

Is that why they named it so?  They were marketing a paritcular demographic?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Going back to the early 90's there is the infamous Subaru SVX, which in my opinion is about as ugly as they get.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How about the new Durango?

That's one of the fugliest SUV's out there, and then they have the nerve to put a "hemi" in it.

Bahahah

+1
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In no particular order:

Aztec
Avalanche
H2
Honda Element and Insight

Oh, are we talking worldwide or just here in the US?

Looks like that covers them all, except the scicon
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#10]
The experts agree with this thread.
maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=ugly_cars
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Scion and Element. And the  Mercedes that looks like them too. They all look like fucking shoes. The stupid shit they try to get people to buy. Every time I see one of the fore mentioned drive by, I see a couple of urban homos on their way to a poetry reading at the freekin' coffee shop.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey, I drive a Tiburon... and it's certainly not ugly.   People have mistaken it for a Ferrari on occasions.  Seriously.    

WTF?

+1 on the ASStek
Avalanches look better now that they offer them without the plastic skirts and square wheel wells.  
Most Fords aren't ugly, just too damn plain.
Dodge trucks and SUVs.  Sorry, can't stand them.
Nissan 350z
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hummer H2

Not only are the ugly and imposters, but they take up two parking spaces.  Half the bitches at my work drive them for whatever reason.

PT Cruisers....more like PT Hearse.  I hate those things.

That ugly Scion thing that they always want to pimp out on MTV.  Go ahead, add a hideous body kit and lower it.  I'm just gonna laugh my ass off when you bottom out on a speedbump.

Whatever the new Chrysler car is that looks like a hoagie.

ETA: Oh yeah, and those Lexus SUV's.  Ugly as hell and the people the drive them can never seem to get off the phone or stop blocking the  fast lane.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yes, I drive a 95 Impala and want a caprice for a parts car, those fucking things cost alot of money regardless of condition.

It's the familiarity. Think of how many of those people already feel at home in the back seat of a Caprice Interceptor.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm 6'-5", 225 and climbing. I drove a new Mini that an AF pilot friend of mine has. Plenty of legroom and interior space for two humans and a large canine. Worst part is the the front edge of the roof extends so far forward of the aft-most seating position that it's tough to see traffic lights when you're in pole position. Much, much, much roomier (and zoomier!) than the original Minis.

I am not saying its too small to be comfortable in, there is way too many semi-trucks that dont watch here in michigan and they would run your ass clean over in one and proabably not even know it.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey, I drive a Tiburon... and it's certainly not ugly.   People have mistaken it for a Ferrari on occasions.  Seriously.    

This was the closest match I could come up with:  

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Nissian trucks
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.acarplace.com/reviews/2000/im/tiburon-front.jpg

Ferrari?  No.

Try Dodge Stratus.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.yzedf.com/pics/cars/ferrari/monaco3.jpg

LV, that is an older gen, I think the 98 Tiburon... which, as I mentioned, DID look like a turd.  The 03+ is a completely new chassis and body, which looks MUCH better than the previous two Tiburon iterations.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm 6'-5", 225 and climbing. I drove a new Mini that an AF pilot friend of mine has. Plenty of legroom and interior space for two humans and a large canine. Worst part is the the front edge of the roof extends so far forward of the aft-most seating position that it's tough to see traffic lights when you're in pole position. Much, much, much roomier (and zoomier!) than the original Minis.

I am not saying its too small to be comfortable in, there is way too many semi-trucks that dont watch here in michigan and they would run your ass clean over in one and proabably not even know it.  

Actually, they did better in the government crash tests than the basic Volvo. Did better than last year's Ford F-150 in the 40mph offset impact. You'd be really surprised. If I were unlucky enough to be in a head on collision between a Mini Cooper and an Avalanche/F-150/Explorer/etc, I'd rather be in the Mini. Massive steel cage, which is why they had to wind up the engine with the supercharger to get it to move well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ferrari?  No.

Try Dodge Stratus.

Dudes, READ what I wrote.   The older generation Tiburons did look like turds.  

Mine is the third generation, built on a NEW chassis with a NEW body.  The above picture is the first generation Tiburon... which did look like ass.  

Here's the 03

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Not a bad looking car at all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.yzedf.com/pics/cars/ferrari/monaco3.jpg

LV, that is an older gen, I think the 98 Tiburon... which, as I mentioned, DID look like a turd.  The 03+ is a completely new chassis and body, which looks MUCH better than the previous two Tiburon iterations.  

SOMEBODY POST A PIC OF WHATEVER VERSION HE'S TALKING ABOUT, AND A POLL.

I don't think this is going to turn out the way he thinks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It's got wings gills, for extra sidewall protection!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Never mind, I got one:

This one, a Ferrari?

Edit, add:

I don't think this fits in this thread at all, but you are due for some serious heat for the Ferrari claim.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Pontiac Aztec. Worst looking POS i've ever seen.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Never mind, I got one:

www.razzi.com/news/gfx/tiburon-splash.gif

This one, a Ferrari?

That's one with a body kit... that is generally loathed by Tiburon owners.  But yes, that is the 03+ Tiburon.  See the picture I posted above.  That one is MY Tiburon.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never mind, I got one:

This one, a Ferrari?

That's one with a body kit... that is generally loathed by Tiburon owners.  But yes, that is the 03+ Tiburon.  See the picture I posted above.  That one is MY Tiburon.  

YEah, I edited mine, I meant it doesn't look, to me, like a Ferrari, but it's CERTAINLY not ugly.

I'm just ribbin ya about the Italian ponycar comment!  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ferrari?  No.

Try Dodge Stratus.

Dude, I CAN'T MAKE A COMPARISON.  All I have is the second picture.  The first just says "You suck at the internet."
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never mind, I got one:

This one, a Ferrari?

YEah, I edited mine, I meant it doesn't look, to me, like a Ferrari, but it's CERTAINLY not ugly.

I'm just ribbin ya about the Italian ponycar comment!  

Well, it's only one model of Ferrari that it has some limited similarities to, and it's only from certain angles... I think it's the 550 that the Tiburon is similar to, mostly in the roof line and C pillar areas.  The front of the Tiburon is fatter.    

I'm certainly happy with my car... I think she's a beaut!   I'm getting some new wheels next week. Got a deal on a set from a buddy.  Maybe I'll post some pics.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#31]
For cars from 1990 and up:

Any F-body
The new front end on Chevy Silverados
Aztek and really all Pontiacs except for the new GTO
Any Scion
Element
Tiburon (except the newest generation)
Mustang, except the new 05'.
New Durango
Avalanche
H2 family
Subaru Baja? (The truck/wagon thing)
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ferrari?  No.

Try Dodge Stratus.

Dude, I CAN'T MAKE A COMPARISON.  All I have is the second picture.  The first just says "You suck at the internet."

See my post at bottom of page 3. I think I found a better comparison.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
See my post at bottom of page 3. I think I found a better comparison.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#34]
The fact that the answer is anything OTHER than the Pontiac Aztek, is astounding.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#35]
You guys really need to drive one (Avalanche) before you make a judgement.  The handling and ride are amazing.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Aztec
H2
scion
toyota echo
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hey, I drive a Tiburon... and it's certainly not ugly...

I won't touch the Ferrari comment , but I'll agree with your first statement - my secretary has one & it's a good looking little car inside & out IMHO.

As to the original question, I've always been able to find something endearing about almost all makes & models of cars & trucks - I like some better than others, of course, but I usually don't disparage any vehicles outright...

... but the Pontiac Aztek is a glaring exception to the above rule of thumb, so it gets my vote here.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I think the 05 Mustang is the best Mustang since 67...

I would have to agree wholeheartedly with your assessment.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
indiboi.com/journal/images/2003tiburon.jpg

individual.utoronto.ca/cya/image/stayfreethongpad.jpg

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#40]
scion
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Ford Taurus.

Ushered in an entire decade+ of shitty bubble-car design.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
indiboi.com/journal/images/2003tiburon.jpg

individual.utoronto.ca/cya/image/stayfreethongpad.jpg

Oh my god!  Arfcom owes me ANOTHER moniter!

Aztec and the Infinity rollerskate are the two ugliest. IMO
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:14:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Aztec? Avalanche? Do the ARFCOM thing and GET BOTH!

CW
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Honda Element

+1

Also those car...truck...sport things...bleh!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
You guys really need to drive one (Avalanche) before you make a judgement.  The handling and ride are amazing.  

That still doesn't make up for the fact that it is by far one of "THE FUGLYIEST cars out there".  

Oop's.  No.  

It, and the worst, is an Aztek.  

And btw, I did have to drive a rental one once.  

Chicken-Shit Yellow.  

Have a pic around here somewhere of me shooting the bird to some friends in a restuarant parking lot that were howling in laughter at the utter UGLI/HIDEOUSNESS of that God-Awful contraption.

Oh.        

And then there was the two babes that glanced over at us while we were on the interstate driving the POS.

Think Chevy Chase/Christie Brinkley from Vacation.  

Damned Abomination!    
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#46]
The ASSteck!!!!!!!!! WTF was GM thinking!!!

Any one of the Buick line-up!!! they're all grandpa-mobiels!!!

That new Caddy XUV, or the new envoy. they both look like minivans, or soccor-moms!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#48]
toyota echo/honda hybrid

+10.000000

I saw a stalled out aztek in the middle of the freeway this weekand.  I guess it's been fighting too many battles
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#49]
You guys are all crazy.  The Aztek is just plain gorgeous!!  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top