Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:53:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Bushy" had better realize that his job depends on the AWB going bye-bye!
View Quote

The problem is, if Bush signes it and re-news the Ban, what are you going to do?? I mean your options are to vote in a Dem, that will make the whole thing WORSE!!!
View Quote

If a Republican throws your rights away and you vote for him, you've just taught the party that they can throw your rights away and get away with it.  What is there to stop them from doing it again later on down the road.  You didn't care last time, so why would you care now?

If the Republican party wants to stay in the Oval Office and continue their Congressional majority, they better make damn sure this thing dies a quiet death in committee and never sees a vote.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah they will keep it quiet until after the election

[bs2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
However, sudden repeats of Columbine H.S. type scenarios could change the whole political landscape overnight.
View Quote

I agree that it is still possible for something to go wrong and for the AWB to be renewed, but I truly believe it is (at least temporarily) a whole different political and social environment than it was even ten years ago.

Think of that whole "DC sniper" incident of last fall.  Now if anything would frighten the masses into begging for more gun control it would be that--but nothing negative materialized.  Granted, that may be because the perpetrators were black muslims, two protected classes, which may have forced the media to hush things up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The trump card will be lots of BATFE rulings and reclassifications, under instructions from director of homeland defense and best of all this will give bush deniability.

I hope you people buy stuff and prepare NOW because there is no stopping what is already in motion.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The trump card will be lots of BATFE rulings and reclassifications, under instructions from director of homeland defense and best of all this will give bush deniability.

I hope you people buy stuff and prepare NOW because there is no stopping what is already in motion.
View Quote

... Unfortunately, I believe you're not being sarcastic in this response [b]Imbroglio[/b]. Agreed, the departments of HLS and ATF need to justify their trillion dollar existence. Cuban cigars and the lack nationwide terrorism won't pay their bills.

... I'm active in supporting the AWB sunset but I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was surprised it, (AWB), was introduced as a "stand alone" bill. It has to go through both Senate and House Judiciary Committes I believe. I don't think it'll see a vote. This is just an attempt at diversion. The Dems. can't get any traction anywhere, so they're throwing ash's in the air.
View Quote

Hey! You and I agree on something! [;)]

They probably put it in as a stand-alone to provide maximum visibility and to emphasize the differences between the parties on the issues. They have nothing else, so they're hoping like hell the Gun Control works (despite the fact it has bitten them in the ass so many times since '92).

You are correct that it must go through committees in both houses now. If what LWilde's representative says is true, then we have cause for some cautious optimism.

Still, keep the pressure on the Congresscritters, and the President for good measure!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#9]
You know, [b]Paul[/b], the Lord didn't command [b]Moses[/b] to preach a Revival to Pharoah, He just told him to get His people and get the Hell out of Egypt!

Ain't it about time that all of y'all get the dickens out of California, where there will [u]always[/u] be TWO LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC SENATORS and get to a State where you [u]CAN[/u] make a difference?

Like Georgia or Florida, or Virginia?

Eric The(We'reSplittingOurForcesBeforeTheEnemy!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=186199&w=myTopicPop

Did you see the text?

I hope it doesn't make it out of commitee.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Did you see the text?

View Quote

It won't.  Again...if my congresswoman is correct and I have no reason to doubt her and the logic is inescapable...then that and all other bills brought up by the antis like Chucky Shumer and DiFi are DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

Sadly, I must admit that I don't believe for one minute that all of the Republican leadership is behind us 100%.  Many, including I think some of the key Republican leaders are just unwilling to bring ANY gun legislation like an AWB renewal up to the president for his signature in an election year.  Not that that will stop the Libs from beating on him about it...hell, Shumer has already begun, bloviating that it's the,  "DUTY of the president to DEMAND that Congress bring him another AWB bill".  [puke]

Like I said before...Miz Davis indicated to me that the president will never see any gun law in 2004.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you see the text?

View Quote

It won't.  Again...if my congresswoman is correct and I have no reason to doubt her and the logic is inescapable...then that and all other bills brought up by the antis like Chucky Shumer and DiFi are DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

Sadly, I must admit that I don't believe for one minute that all of the Republican leadership is behind us 100%.  Many, including I think some of the key Republican leaders are just unwilling to bring ANY gun legislation like an AWB renewal up to the president for his signature in an election year.  Not that that will stop the Libs from beating on him about it...hell, Shumer has already begun, bloviating that it's the,  "DUTY of the president to DEMAND that Congress bring him another AWB bill".  [puke]

Like I said before...Miz Davis indicated to me that the president will never see any gun law in 2004.
View Quote

I hope so.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Lets hope that you are right.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top