Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Okay, so the guy gobbling <ahem> "manly wurst" isn't  a latent?

man wurst?! that's just wrong

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I under stand what your trying to say.  Sushis kinda like mikes hard lemonade, sure it kinda tastes good and I'll drink it from time to time, but if I'm chilling with a bunch of guys I won't drink it.

BINGO!!

When was the last time you went to a sports bar with a bunch of dudes and ordered an amaretto sour?

ETA: With a nicely sliced orange rose with an umbrella for a garnish???

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't go to "all you can eat" sushi bars because they have few things I like.

Like.......tobiko with a raw quail egg, or mirugai, or toro.

And BTW, sushi IS NOT eaten with chopsticks. You eat sushi with your hands.

You eat SASHIMI with chopsticks.

This is from a former co-worker that grew up in Okinawa and his mother is full blooded Japanese. (Father was U.S. citizen, career Air Force and still employed at Kadena AFB)

If you eat sushi with chopsticks you are advertising yourself as "Super Gaijin!".
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, so the guy gobbling <ahem> "manly wurst" isn't  a latent?

man wurst?! that's just wrong

Not a man wurst, you misquoting heathens!

MANLY!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#5]
just call me "super gaijin!"

if the resteraunt has chopsticks, im usin em!

i have to use copious ammounts of lime juice and wassabe if im eating sushi...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

When was the last time you went to a sports bar with a bunch of dudes and ordered an amaretto sour?

ETA: With a nicely sliced orange rose with an umbrella for a garnish???

oh fuck.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Ben.....dear you have issues

Going for sushi for lunch is not gay......

Eating your lunch and watching construction workers on your lunch break would be gay
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I under stand what your trying to say.  Sushis kinda like mikes hard lemonade, sure it kinda tastes good and I'll drink it from time to time, but if I'm chilling with a bunch of guys I won't drink it.

BINGO!!

Okay, so if you eat sushi for lunch, you're gay.  Check.
If you order a Mike's Hard Lemon when you're out with friends, you're gay.  Check.
If you order an amaretto sour when you're out with friends, you're gay.  Check.

Wow.  I'm gay, and I didn't even know it.  My wife will be very disappointed though.  

Wait, maybe if I watch Rambo and  the Superbowl at the same time while eating a steak, drinking shots of whiskey and changing my truck's timing belt, I'll be straight again!  Woohoo!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#9]
manghu: Ask for some red curry paste. I'm getting pretty well addicted to the stuff with some of my sushi.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Wait, maybe if I watch Rambo and the Superbowl at the same time while eating a steak, drinking shots of whiskey and changing my truck's timing belt, I'll be straight again! Woohoo!!

Or you could be a lesbian
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Or you could be a lesbian

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Several months ago as I was starting a new project at work, we had techs and engineers gathered from around the country in Atlanta. A handful of the more senior folks were going to dinner on an expense account, as the discussion started about where to eat, I said I was pretty hungry so anything would do (I had steakhouses and BBQ places in mind) and they decided to get Sushi, I decided on the spot that I was dealing with a bunch of limp wristed pansies, and there is nothing that is going to cahnge my mind. I like Sushi just fine, but it is not what I have in mind when I am with a group of men who can go any place they choose.

I'm inclined to agree.  A good friend (a Marine) is always suggesting sushi.....even for lunch.  There's no cute waitress to flirt with, only the little Asian sushi chef.....what's up with that?  This guy also has a Harley and goes out for rides with his buddy, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ...they're not "poseurs" (their words, not mine, I could care less but..), they're the real thing with their bib-overalls, engineer boots, their do-rags and minimal helmets....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Crap.

I like sushi.

I like brie.

I am single.

Maybe I am gay?

Do you like quiche?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ben.....dear you have issues

Going for sushi for lunch is not gay......

Eating your lunch and watching construction workers on your lunch break would be gay

Well... up until this very depressing day, the only thought crossing my mind as I watched construction workers at lunch was... Man oh man... some days I think I'd rather be out there in the sun, working away with a bunch of real men instead of listening to these pansy girls here in the office squeal in delight over getting food art.

Till Helldog40 tore up my reality with the gheyness of union sushi sharing....

What is this world coming to?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Okay, so if you eat sushi for lunch, you're gay.  Check.
If you order a Mike's Hard Lemon when you're out with friends, you're gay.  Check.
If you order an amaretto sour when you're out with friends, you're gay.  Check.

Wow.  I'm gay, and I didn't even know it.  My wife will be very disappointed though.  

Wait, maybe if I watch Rambo and  the Superbowl at the same time while eating a steak, drinking shots of whiskey and changing my truck's timing belt, I'll be straight again!  Woohoo!!

Change the oil and filter, and rotate the tires while you're at it
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So today, at 11:30 EST, the normal lunch conversations started at the office like every work day. The normal chuckwagon, go-out-for-lunch crew somehow or another decided that they all wanted to go and get SUSHI for lunch.

Sushi.

For lunch.

Sushi isn't a lunch. I mean... I am impartial to sushi. It's not necessarily at the TOP of my list, but I can do it every now and then.

But it's not for lunch. And, it most certainly isn't something that a bunch of self-respecting heterosexual guys decide "HEY LET'S GO GET SOME SUSHI FOR LUNCH". I can honestly say that in all of my 20 years of professional experience, I have never once thought to myself, "Hey... I gotta' go get sushi with the guys for lunch today."

Gay attorneys might go and get sushi for lunch.

Not me.

Sushi is something that a bunch of friends who have already been out drinking and partying decide to go and get for the ambience and entertainment value.

For lunch, I need something that is going to stick to my ribs.

So, I skipped the sushi. I went by myself to the chili parlor and had a couple of coney chili dogs with the rest of the manly men.

Yea, I would go diving for fish for lunch.  Oh, wait you mean sushi, yea sure.

Gay, Maybe in your neck of the woods.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I bet General George S. Patton never went for sushi for lunch with the guys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That was low son.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Bunch of pillow bitters!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Where does crepes fit in? And howabout those minty candies some restaurants offer as you leave??? Would licorice be preferable? I'm glad we have the expertise at this forum to unravel these questions.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#23]
REAL GAY MEN DON'T EAT FISH
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll giggle like a little girl when around my peers and say lets go for sushi! Same applies when I say lets get some BBQ & Fried Chicken....... have some insecurities guys>
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Where does crepes fit in? And howabout those minty candies some restaurants offer as you leave??? Would licorice be preferable? I'm glad we have the expertise at this forum to unravel these questions.

Crepes are okay as long as you are eating them with a woman.

After dinner mints are only acceptable at weddings.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Find a raw bar instead.  Slurp down raw oysters with absolut
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They eat eel?

nope....chilidogs
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That's hilarious.  

I can hear it now, "Ok boys we just crushed the Germans, lets get some chow. Who wants some sushi?"

Remember WWPD?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yes they do.  What about trouser trout?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Because of this thread, I'm carrying my apparently gay self to a sushi place for lunch tomorrow.  With one of my male co-workers.  

There should be a Constitutional Amendment banning this.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Crap.

I like sushi.

I like brie.

I am single.

Maybe I am gay?

Do you like quiche?

Yep. And crepes.

oh man

operator(facinganewreality)error
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I was going to post a bunch of gay crap to eat, like sushi, quiche, bagels (WTF, with onions?  What's that all about?), but the manly list will make you hungier -
Scrambled chicken eggs, beef, potatoes, beans, peaches, apples, corn, wheat bread, butter, pancakes, ham and other pig products, salmon (baked or fried, not raw), cornbread or biscuits, and so on.

Soy beans are for feeding the critters and making polymers, by the way; keep that garden burger and related crap away.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I can't believe I actually clicked on this thread.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Okay... case in point.

I like an occasional salad bar. When I am at lunch with guys.... while I might LIKE bean sprouts... I do not put them on my salad. That would be ghey.

Alfalfa sprouts on your salad is still gay if you are surrounded by naked Victoria's Secret models.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#36]
This thread brought to you buy Swanson, the makers of HUNGRY MAN, the manly food stuffs for the beergut machoman like yerself!

Fuck yall, I eat sushi whenever I want and I dont give two shits what anyone thinks of my sexuality.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I like brie and bread.

I prefer camembert and triscuits...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#38]
This thread is bullshit.

I'm down for sushi anytime and so are alot of other folks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Is that the interior of a large intestine? Ben Dover? Gotta wonder! LOL! I like fish tacos personally.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#43]
dood..you have some serious sexual issues if you think raw fish is gay.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Sushi is not gay, per se.  

But I know what you mean.  

It the same with "men" who don't drink either.  

Never trust a man who won't throw down a highball with you to celebrate something.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#45]
So the stripclub/bowling alley/church has a gay Sushi Bar in it now...?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I often eat sushi for lunch. and I'm definitely not gay
anyone else think it's odd that some one who is calling something gay has a pic of the inside of an asshole as their avatar?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I love Sushi anytime.

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Dude!  I love sushi!  
Today I had salmon, tuna, eel and a salmon creamcheese role w/ miso soup.  It's a lot of food and very filling.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#49]

StonerStudent, help me out here: Does Bendover seem GAY to you? Shouldn't we, as brother Arfcommers, out him for his own good?

Well he is from Eaton Oh which is the gayest little town in Preble Co
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They eat eel?

nope....chilidogs

Maybe the rookies...I hear the Real Gay Men go for the kielbasa!

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top