trusts still have trustees listed with names and addresses
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust.

My trust has no addresses on it anywhere. Not that it makes any real difference since they can be looked up with ease.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't know how you got yours done but around here they still take your prints and do a background check. there just was no CLEO sign off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust.

No prints. No pictures. No BG check. No CLEO.

I don't know how you got yours done but around here they still take your prints and do a background check. there just was no CLEO sign off.

No prints or background check in Florida with a trust.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys are seriously afraid to get a suppressor because the government will have you on a list?

WOW

JUST

WOW

I'll bet that less than 0.1% of the people reading this thread are "off the grid,"  and not already on any list.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust.

for now

florida is not the issue anyway

NFA stuff is regulated by federal law, not state law

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol at posting on a forum like this and being worried about being on a list...
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
yes. worth it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Pick up that CAN, citizen.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

for now

florida is not the issue anyway

NFA stuff is regulated by federal law, not state law

View Quote

I'm a few stamps into the NFA experience. I know about the proposed changes with trusts, corps and LLC's. NFA items are regulated by both state and federal law, otherwise everything would be legal in all 50 states which isn't the case.

I have already contacted all my state and federal congress critters, the governor, my sheriff and I'll be submitting a comment to the ATF once they open up for comments.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh. I'm already on some lists......I'm not concerned in the least quite yet.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
What should be on the list after a .22 suppressor?  Pistol can(9mm) or rifle can(308)?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What should be on the list after a .22 suppressor?  Pistol can(9mm) or rifle can(308)?
View Quote

Rifle IMO. I did all 3 at once
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I have done 87 things that would have your man in my life already..... Just get one

The more common the usage the better it is for all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They are already watching you... Why not have fun while they are doing it..
View Quote

Yep. They visited me because of NV stuff I bought of ebay.
Trust me, they know EVERYTHING about you. Buy the can. It makes no difference.

I visit gun boards. I have pictures on line. I am a NRA member. I am on their watch list.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Pick up that CAN, citizen.
View Quote

The one time that I will comply to that order!

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:49:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Great vid.  I love the brass in the bucket.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:53:53 AM EDT
[#17]
My biggest problem is how exactly to set up the trust (no perpetual trusts in Texas) - eventually my nieces and nephews will have a headache messing with all the paperwork and fees...
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#18]
They're a muffler for a gun.  I've never understood why you can't just walk into a gun shop and buy them off the shelves.  It's not like they're firearms, and they don't make firearms more dangerous.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:59:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I have three.  Get a .22 can, and don't buy a Gemtech.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#21]
If you can own guns, and have the disposable income, you should join the S-Team.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:34:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:36:47 AM EDT
[#23]
If everyone was on the list it wouldn't be much of a damn list.

Waiting on stamps 5 and 6.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#24]
So how many of you guys have been paid a visit by BATF to check on the status of your NFA items? Seems to me you waive your 4th Amendment rights when you get one of these.

Point taken all, I was misinformed. Didn't mean to stir up the hive.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So how many of you guys have been paid a visit by BATF to check on the status of your NFA items? Seems to me you waive your 4th Amendment rights when you get one of these.
View Quote

This is bullshit. Just picked up my SDN6 an hour ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

No you don't.  Don't post bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

the first time i submitted my trust without them it was bounced and i was told to resubmit with that information. that was 5-6 years or so ago. of course mine were all changed the day i got it all back
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust.

My trust has no addresses on it anywhere. Not that it makes any real difference since they can be looked up with ease.

the first time i submitted my trust without them it was bounced and i was told to resubmit with that information. that was 5-6 years or so ago. of course mine were all changed the day i got it all back

I did my first two stamps in 2007, I'm waiting on #9 now, maybe Florida law is different. Bob Howell is the guy who did my trust. He's the guy who started this whole NFA trust thing. You can look him up on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I changed my mind. Please don't get into the NFA game.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

better make it quick before the rules change
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust.

better make it quick before the rules change

I guess you didnt get the Memo
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know, it is not a daily occurrence that ATF agents pick names off the registry and go check on NFA forms.
You would probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning while winning the lottery before
ATF shows at your door.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You know, it is not a daily occurrence that ATF agents pick names off the registry and go check on NFA forms.
You would probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning while winning the lottery before
ATF shows at your door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ATF shows at your door.

Eh, maybe this is just a LGS myth I heard then? Thanks for correcting my ignorance!
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The changes haven't went into effect yet. They have been proposed and probably will, but everything is still the same for now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks, that was just happenstance that the bucket was sitting right in the drop zone for the sig, was shooting over my chronograph and just happen to set the empty brass bucket there.

Was filming with my iPhone, wish I would have aimed it better, but it got the job done.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The changes haven't went into effect yet. They have been proposed and probably will, but everything is still the same for now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is my worry, when i put my SBR in this week, im gonna receive rejected paperwork in 7 months when the changes come through
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't spend the money to get a can for both 9mm and 45, the 45 suppressor  will work just fine on your 9mm. My first can was a SS Sparrow and it is by far my favorite.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Here is my worry, when i put my SBR in this week, im gonna receive rejected paperwork in 7 months when the changes come through
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'll be at least 6 months before any decision is reached and then a date will have to be set for any changes to take affect. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it take more than a year before before the official start date of the rule changes. Even then there will be a cutoff date for submitted applications that don't need to conform to the new rules.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Get a good 22 can first.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Fun fun fun........

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#39]
You people are so paranoid.

No wonder we have to secretly keep track of and manipulate you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Sorry to break it to you.  The man is already in your life unless you were born in the woods, never left them, and are somehow posting from an Internet cafe while looking like Grizzly Adams.

Some paperwork for a suppressor isn't going to push you over the edge dude.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Never mind modern sporting rifles.  THIS is the only thing I truly regret not being able to own as long as I keep CA as my primary state of residence.  I just can't find a sure fire way to avoid paying CA taxes, while having a full time residence in NV, while having a residence in CA and working for a CA corporation...  Too much trouble.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sorry to break it to you.  The man is already in your life unless you were born in the woods, never left them, and are somehow posting from an Internet cafe while looking like Grizzly Adams.

Some paperwork for a suppressor isn't going to push you over the edge dude.
View Quote

This. Fuck it. If they want me bad enough, they're going to get me. Nothing anyone can do about it. .Gov is strong.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#44]
My advice, as one who owns 5, is get them, and don't pussy foot with just getting one.

The paperwork takes 6-8 month to get back, of which all but 5 minutes is waiting in line.

Get:

.22 LR can - I like my Silenceco Sparrow

.45 can - can use on smaller calibers as well. AAC Tirant, Silenceco Osprey or Octane are all good.

.30 can - can also use on smaller calibers.  I like my Surefire set up.

500 for the .22, 800 for the 45, 1200 for a Surefire.  2500 bucks, plus 600 in stamps, and you're set.

Then there's the SBR, SBS, at least once machine gun, etc, but those will come later.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

this is incorrect

plain and simple
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Fo imho
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

You assume incorrectly. In more than 20 years I have been contacted once, by phone. The matter was addressed by mail.

Don't make things up, there's enough bad information on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#49]

What the fuck was that receipt machine ? Your wife keeping tabs on each round shot
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Trust.
View Quote

Uh aren't those null and void now? Well new ones that is.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top