Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Adams Arms has solved this problem. 3 position gas block: Normal, Suppressed, Off.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't the sound of the action opening and slamming shut already louder than any venting gasses?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Arent those loud as fuck suppressed though? I mean comparatively to other 9mm systems
View Quote
From memory it's louder than my MP5 clone, but quieter than my Uzi.  Mine may be better than normal as I am using a Hahn Precision .45 buffer, which seems to do a good job of helping with breech opening timing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Its going to vent straight to your eyeball if you do that and make no mods to the upper.

You need a 9mm MP5 with heavy ammo in your life.

Or maybe even this

http://i.imgur.com/2bHgBLfh.jpg
View Quote
CZ Scorpion :)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What about venting the gas to the left side of the Upper receiver and venting the gas back towards the buffer?  It's going to make things dirty fast. 
View Quote
Ding ding, we have a winner.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Just hold your support hand tightly over the ejection port.

What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#7]
move the gas block further up the barrel. venting much more forward means less gas to bleed if it's too much. also, using more of the lower power gas than using a little of the high power is easier on the bolt and will result in less force = less noise. the action should then vent downward, away from the shooter's ears or other persons. the longer barrel will also burn more powder, which makes it easier to suppress at the muzzle. add an adjustable piston to comfortably cycle the action. the longer barrel would keep it lethal at longer ranges too.

but alas, that would require a complete redesign of the rifle into some kind of downward ejecting rifle of some sort. despite this, i firmly believe that adhering to the antiques of old is still the right path.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Adams Arms has solved this problem. 3 position gas block: Normal, Suppressed, Off.
View Quote
If we're talking piston systems but is the OP referring to a DI or piston system.  2 different animals.  I have two sig piston guns the 5.56 is top heavy and way over gassed, the 716 is a really heavy beast but they at least got the gas right even when shooting suppressed.  

A DI system that vented the gas forward of the receiver or bled it off at the gas block  would be ideal.  The govnah was a great idea unfortunately he's gone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

move the gas block further up the barrel. venting much more forward means less gas to bleed if it's too much. also, using more of the lower power gas than using a little of the high power is easier on the bolt and will result in less force = less noise. the action should then vent downward, away from the shooter's ears or other persons. the longer barrel will also burn more powder, which makes it easier to suppress at the muzzle. add an adjustable piston to comfortably cycle the action. the longer barrel would keep it lethal at longer ranges too.

but alas, that would require a complete redesign of the rifle into some kind of downward ejecting rifle of some sort. despite this, i firmly believe that adhering to the antiques of old is still the right path.
View Quote
Superlative Arms makes an adjustable gas block that bleeds a certain amount of gas at the gas block.  I don't know if that is quieter than an SLR block, Govnah or not.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top