BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lighten up francis. It wasnt a jab at you, I was simply illustrating that although it is a little different, its not "sideways" like a lot of guys used to say.

My bad Travis, I thought that I had been misunderstood.

You are right, it is definately not sideways.

No problems. Just pointing out the difference between reality and myth.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I once thought Republicans were for fiscal responsibility and smaller government.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I used to believe that George Bush was a conservative.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I once thought Republicans were for fiscal responsibility and smaller government.  

+1
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
That the ATF was an upstanding agency with a good purpose who just wanted to protect us from the bad guys
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2, and that was pretty recently too
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I used to believe that George Bush was a conservative.

+1

+2

...and +3
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
'I love you"

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha. Best/most true one yet.

+1000000
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
that a marriage/ relationship between anyone born within the last 27 years could work out well.

(hey give me a break im drinking for the first time in 3 years for that reason)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Back in the days of full sevice at the pump , the service attendant said to my dad "cash or credit ?" after filling up, I boldly told my dad to write a check so he wouldnt have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'll be a son of a bitch

What changed your mind about that? Maybe we need a poll.

Sertiously, when Reagan was shot, I believed for several hours the "slug that entered his chest" was the slimy kind. Thought it just happened to find the hole the bullet made and climbed in there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I sooooooo wanted to believe that Mr. Rogers was a tattooed, Navy Seal.......
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Okay. I'll go first.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have, at one time or another, believed the following:

- That the world should unite under one world government, and that the flag should be that of the UN or the Olympics.

- That wars should be abolished, and disputes settled by the results of the Olympics.

- That the government should equalize all salaries and wages.

- That the military should help with law enforcement.

- That assault weapons should be illegal.

- That all weapons should be registered.

I'm sure I can think of a few more over time.

Fortunately, time, education, and experience cures all stupidity. I don't believe ANY of these idiocies anymore!

Holy shit, Really?           Well, you win.          

Glad you finally saw the light!

I used to believe that moslums were evil, but now I know that they are just misunderstood.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:07:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I used to think that the US military should act as world police, since no one else would help clean up the world.  

Now I have more of a 'not-our-problem' stance, however.

You were right the first time.

I don't think so.  Every time we've ever sent troops into action solely for the benefit of another country, we've had less than a total victory:

Haiti
Somalia
South Korea
Vietnam

Every time we sent troops into battle knowing that the US has a strong stake in the conflict, we've kicked ass:

Revolutionary War
WWI
WWII
GW1
Afghanistan

Iraq is a hard one to call right now, since obviously we are a long way from true resolution of that comflict.  I will call it an eventual hard-won victory for us, but that remains to be seen.

There are plenty more examples for both of my points to be made, but those are the first that come to mind.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#15]
That 5.56 tumble. I beleived that until Marine Corps boot camp. No way could a bullet tumble and then punch 5.56 diameter holes accuratly at 500 yds.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:44:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I used to believe that walls were cover.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#17]
That over the course of 22 years you could change a phsyco bitch into a kind woman Damn was I a fool
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That over the course of 22 years you could change a phsyco bitch into a kind woman Damn was I a fool

I'd say that could be a interesting story...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:50:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I grew up in a conservative household and I joined the military at the age of 17.  I've never been anything other than a pro-gun, Reaganite.

I did, however, believe in Santa Claus & the Tooth Fairy up until the age of five.

A big "the Soviet Union IS the Evil Empire" +1 to that.

Where have you gone Ronnie?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:50:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I thought that hookers were people who fished for fish that swam around in sewers.
Had a mental picture of people standing on the sidewalk dangling rods down the grates.

Also after reading some newspaper article about plastic surgery that used excessive fat from one's "spare tire", I believed that tire rubber and human flesh were interchangeable
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I used to believe that bullets rise after leaving a gun barrel.

My son, at the young age of 15, argued with his high school geometry teacher that in fact a bullet falls immediately apon exiting a gun barrel.  After a 20 minute discussion, the teacher reluctantly conceded the point after my son had to draw a picture on the black board as part of his (correct) point.

After that he went on to explain the flight path of a bullet is not straight horizontally either, even in a zero windage situation.  Fine young son had to demostrate that rate/direction of twist & bullet rotation cause the arc of bullet path to be slightly less than perpendicular to the ground.   The teacher was impressed positively when HE got to fire an AR15 for the first time in his life.  Under the direct supervision of a 15 year old of course.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I used to believe:

That my partents' word was infallable.

That civilians couldn't own full auto weapons.

That civilians shouldn't own full auto weapons.

That naturalistic evolution could bring about creatures who could reason.

In naturalistic evolution in general.

That Rosie O'Donnel was a nice woman.

In Santa Clause
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I used to believe:

Too bad you gave up on reality.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I used to believe:

Well, you DO have to admit that reality is sometimes overrated....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#25]
There is a beet plant about 40 miles from where I live that puts out some thick steam all day. When I was a tike, I KNEW that it was the cloud factory.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:42:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Every damn thing i can think of to post is just to damn depressing!!
As in I thought i was born free!!!
But found out I was taxed to death!!
Almost every thing this country was founded on was already voted illigeal or ilmorral by my predacessors!
Thought my vote counted untill we found out who was counting the votes..
Believed that my labor would only have to support me!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#27]
That Glocks were unreliable pieces of plastic junk and were to be avoided at all cost.

That M1911A1 pistols were the most reliable pieces of steel ever conceived and should be the only pistol a person should own.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#28]
"Oh, no me and Jeff are just friends, honey..."
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#29]
that women were in fact not all raving psychopaths
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I used to believe:

Well, you DO have to admit that reality is sometimes overrated....

Too true.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top