BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a lot of Action-guy chic out there. Speaking as a former SF guy, I think we are the worst about it. As a secuirty contractor, I KNOW contractors are the worst about obtaining the latest little widget to hang on yer gun.

Not usually given to quoting myself but we haven't started talking about what kinda GEAR to have yet. Sparks fly on that one too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
And another thing:
there is absolutely nothing wrong with Wolf Ammo for plnking or home defense
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Oh no - what a tragic drama !!    Someone on one internet discussion board is saying something bad about another internet discussion board!!!  Say it isn't so!!  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted on the FAL Files:

Stay out of the general forums and stick to the tech forums and the exchange and you're golden.

If you happen to be a pathetic social nitwit who defines the sum total of his interpersonal human contact by the casual exchanges of typed internet banter, then the General Discussion forums and the “social aspect” of AR15.com is for you.

The more socially nitwitted you are and the more willing you are to dedicate the sum total of your entire life to participating on the AR15.com message boards, the better chance you stand to become a moderator. Believe it or not, there are a large number of people whose "lives" are AR15.com. Can you even imagine? Sad as it is, it's so very true...

Even at the zenith of my own participation over there, I wasn’t 1/100th as sucked-in as some of those guys are. It's really amazing to behold. I've always viewed that site as an amusing place to make the sensitive types weep and piss all over themselves in angst because someone “dared to say that out loud!”, but the intense emotional investment some people have in that website never ceases to amaze me.

think they're talking about me?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Stay out of the general forums and stick to the tech forums and the exchange and you're golden.

If you happen to be a pathetic social nitwit who defines the sum total of his interpersonal human contact by the casual exchanges of typed internet banter, then the General Discussion forums and the “social aspect” of AR15.com is for you.

The more socially nitwitted you are and the more willing you are to dedicate the sum total of your entire life to participating on the AR15.com message boards, the better chance you stand to become a moderator. Believe it or not, there are a large number of people whose "lives" are AR15.com. Can you even imagine? Sad as it is, it's so very true...

Even at the zenith of my own participation over there, I wasn’t 1/100th as sucked-in as some of those guys are. It's really amazing to behold. I've always viewed that site as an amusing place to make the sensitive types weep and piss all over themselves in angst because someone “dared to say that out loud!”, but the intense emotional investment some people have in that website never ceases to amaze me.

Pretty sure they are.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty sure they are.

With a loaded question like that, somebody is bound to pull the trigger
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Okay, seeing how I started all of this, Ill clarify a few things:
I have been a member of both forums for about four years now. Ive not kicked in contributions to either - not out of principle or anything but becasue i'm a procrastinating asshole.
I have never posted "my collection" and had it trashed.
There seem to be more of the hurt-pussy syndrome on ARF.com than at the Files, although we have had our share.
Soneone said the Files has more geezers and ARF has more hot-heads. That's a fair estimation.
I find both forums benefical and intend to kick in some cash to both (when I around to it, that is)
What pisses me off is the loyalty to the point of abrasiveness some of the LMT coffe clatch and the Bushmaster amen corner have toward those products.
Im getting a LW upper because I want one not because they are the new shiny object.
I have an Olympic CAR-15 not becasue I can'tafford anything else but because it was a gift from my father. I found out it "runs like a spotted-ass monkey"
So that is where my loyalty lies - what works.
There is a lot of Action-guy chic out there. Speaking as a former SF guy, I think we are the worst about it. As a secuirty contractor, I KNOW contractors are the worst about obtaining the latest little widget to hang on yer gun.
Having said all that, There is an old SF saying, "it aini't stupid if it works"
I recently particiapted in a multi-page heated debate as to how many rounds to put in a 30 round mag. Lots of hurt pussy over that one. What a waste of my time
So, in closing, I'm not a troll and I have and have used  AR-family and FAL weapons
The hurt-pussy contingent on ARF.com needs to grow the fuck up.
I intend to stick around both for a long time (unless I get banned over the LMT thing)
ST

Hey, I resemble, er, resent that remark...

Forrest

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]

WELL THEY HAVE ONE THING RIGHT.

GD is overrun with idiots and kids.

sad though. makes me regret sending jen some cash when the board was about to be shutdown for lack of funds a couple of years ago.

As for info, i have gotten as much or more useful info on fals here in the tech area than i ever did over there.

Just curious how that thread makes you regret donating money to Jen and the Files.  Should she delete it and ban everyone putting down Arfcom?   If she did then I would write the Files off as the same as Freerupublic and the Democratic Underground where people are banned for daring to have their own opinions.  I spend far more time on the Files than here.  I like the Files more because it seems to better fit my maturity level, and I enjoy the open discourse.  

I'm sure Jen and many others appreciate the donations, just remember it's only the internet, no reason to get all worked up over a few opinions.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Not another Purse fight????
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
And another thing:

Agreed.
Wrong. Wolf (in .223) does not have sufficent velocity to be effective. Of course, this only applies to Wolf in .223, not in other calibers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not usually given to quoting myself but we haven't started talking about what kinda GEAR to have? yet. Sparks fly on that one too.

Oh, I have a sneaking suspicion that you spend quite a bit of time talking about yourself.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, the drama...  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
and of all people to say we're kiddies, it's Mr. Superior Race, McUZI. that's hypocritical to the extreme right there.

Interesting, since you were one of the ones there, ragging on this place.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And another thing:

Agreed.
Wrong. Wolf (in .223) does not have sufficent velocity to be effective. Of course, this only applies to Wolf in .223, not in other calibers.

That is simply a matter of opinion.  

Wolf will do a hell of a lot of damage to a human body, especially at the close distances of home defense.  There are better choices, but Wolf .223 will still do a great job at at stopping a threat.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And another thing:

Agreed.

Wolf will do a hell of a lot of damage to a human body, especially at the close distances of home defense.  There are better choices, but Wolf .223 will still do a great job at at stopping a threat.

No, no it's not.
Wolf .223 does not frag.
It is documented, that ballistically, that Wolf's .223 loading is too underpowered to be considered a viable self defense round.
Is it better than a sharp stick?
Of course.
But that doesn't mean Wolf .223 will do a "great job" at stopping a threat.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

hi-jack, since this thread is boring

I dont normally get into the ballistic debates, but I am genuinely interested in the factual basis for those statements.

What data are they based on?  Do you have documentation on any actual shootings involving Wolf ammo?

Oh wait, this is the internet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont normally get into the ballistic debates, but I am genuinely interested in the factual basis for those statements.

What data are they based on?  Do you have documentation on any actual shootings involving Wolf ammo?

He said it himself, there are better choices than Wolf.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, you are right, it's the internet.  This is where you come ask for proof while you yourself have none.

So go ahead, show me one ounce of proof saying Wolf is any worse than any pistol caliber that millions of people use to defend their homes.

I'll be waiting...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And another thing:

Agreed.

No, no it's not.
Wolf .223 does not frag.
It is documented, that ballistically, that Wolf's .223 loading is too underpowered to be considered a viable self defense round.
Of course.

Yes, it is only your opinion (and the opinion of a couple other grumpy old men).

Ammo does not have to fragment to stop a threat.

Show me how Wolf, even at it's "slow" velocity of 2,800FPS isn't going to hold it's own in stopping a threat, especially when compared to the other average home defense rounds.  Also show me how it's fact and not just your opinion.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And another thing:

Agreed.

No, no it's not.
Wolf .223 does not frag.
Of course.

Yes, it is only your opinion (and the opinion of a couple other grumpy old men).

Show me how Wolf, even at it's "slow" velocity of 2,800FPS isn't going to hold it's own in stopping a threat, especially when compared to the other average home defense rounds.  Also show me how it's fact and not just your opinion.

I'm grumpy, but I'm not an old man.
In order to be effective, 5.56/.223 rounds need to fragment. This is a fact.
It doesn't matter with .30 cal rounds, but it is how 5.56/.223 does its killling.

Here
Ammo Oracle
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And another thing:

Agreed.

No, no it's not.
Wolf .223 does not frag.
Of course.

It doesn't matter with .30 cal rounds, but it is how 5.56/.223 does its killling.

Here
Ammo Oracle

I've read Forest's work many times over, it still doesn't show that a .223 won't put a threat down, fragmenting or not.  

How about you let me shoot you with some Wolf, since it won't even phase you...  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Round and roung we go...

Oh, I have a sneaking suspicion that you spend quite a bit of time talking about yourself.

Say, that reminds me...dont be such a pussy.

And like I said, Wolf is fine for home defense. I mean, people, we're talking about getting shot in the face at close range.
Thats like the arguemnet betwen 11.4, 14.5 and 16" bbls. Even if its velocity is significantly reduced, a round coming out of 11.5 under 25m (arguably CQB parameters) will bust you in the ass.
Plus, as the saying goes, "Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting twice"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And another thing:

Agreed.

No, no it's not.
Wolf .223 does not frag.
Of course.

Here
Ammo Oracle

I've read Forest's work many times over, it still doesn't show that a .223 won't put a threat down.  

You are correct.
However, with the low velocities of the Wolf loading, it is not an effective means of stopping a threat.

Strawman argument. .22LR is not an effective fight stopper, doesn't mean you would let yourself be shot with it.
Hell, I wouldn't let you shoot me with birdshot from 40 yards. Does that mean birdshot is an effective means to stop a threat?
No one ever said Wolf's .223 loading would not stop a threat, we just maintain that Wolf .223 is not an EFFECTIVE MEANS to do so.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And another thing:

Agreed.

No, no it's not.
Wolf .223 does not frag.
Of course.

Here
Ammo Oracle

I've read Forest's work many times over, it still doesn't show that a .223 won't put a threat down.  

You are correct.
However, with the low velocities of the Wolf loading, it is not an effective means of stopping a threat.

Strawman argument. .22LR is not an effective fight stopper, doesn't mean you would let yourself be shot with it.
Hell, I wouldn't let you shoot me with birdshot from 40 yards. Does that mean birdshot is an effective means to stop a threat?
No one ever said Wolf's .223 loading would not stop a threat, we just maintain that Wolf .223 is not an EFFECTIVE MEANS to do so.

I clearly said that it was not the best choice, someone even reminded you of it.  I also said it will do a great job of stopping a threat, which it most certainly will do.  It can do a better job than mace, than a bat than a knife, than most common pistol calibers.

What is or is not "effective" is simply a matter of opinion, as I also said in my first post that you just can't stop arguing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#30]
uh....guys.....

thats why you have 30 round magazines.

and bayonets.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Pardon me but that's bullshit.
A 62grn bullet or a 180grn bullet does its killing through blood loss and tissue damage. a tiny bullet, fragmented or no popping through an aorta are slicing through your inferiro vena cava will kill you.
And like the man said, let someone shoot your ass with it and see if its effective.
This is like the 7.62 vs. 5.56 argument regarding effectiveness against people in soft skinned automobiles.
I challenge the critics to sit in a Olsmobile and let someone bang away at them with CAR-15 and test their theory.
I saw a cat get chopped apart by SAWs and M4s as he tried to run a checlpoint in Kirkuk.
The fucker disintegrated
Just goes to show you, you get shot with anything in the "Terminal T" and you'll be swirling down the drain
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I recently particiapted in a multi-page heated debate as to how many rounds to put in a 30 round mag. Lots of hurt pussy over that one. What a waste of my time

what do you expect?  when there are several thousand people posting at a single site, you're bound to have a lot of difference of opinion.  if it's such a waste of time, why did you bother posting and getting into an argument in the first place?

Quoted:
So, in closing, I'm not a troll

here's the way i see it...  you have some issues with the site.  that's fine.  everybody is entitled to their opinion.  i enjoy posting here and reading other people's posts.  you obviously don't.  it doesn't bother me at all.

but what does calling us a bunch of fags accomplish?  if you have issues with the site, why not bring them up like an adult instead of stooping to insults?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#33]
FALfile member: "Hello....My name is (fill in screen name here), and I too...suffer from ArfCom Envy.

Forum members: "Hello, (fill in screen name here) "

{Group Hug}
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#34]
So I like to waste time, So what.

Check how this thread is going.
Bullets won't kill you unless they are REALLY good bullets
Jeez

Thanks for proving my thesis
"ooh, ooh...what color should a get my stock in?
"ooh, ooh OH! Don't get it in Coyote Tan...get it in Dark Earth"
"Coyote Tan is soooo SHOT '05"
Oh, my gun goes sproing when I shoot it. How do I get rid of the noise?"
"Can any operators tell me which end of the clip goes in the gun"
LOL!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#35]

between the cop bashing, Navy SEALS wannabes, nujobs, mall ninjas, airsoft and gamer punk kids, the x-tian talibans wannabes, the threads that go on for hundreds of pages with no purpose, and the guy that likes playing with his dolls.....it's a real inbred freakers ball over there.

Boy sarge just rubs some people the wrong way, does'nt he??
But other than that , i say his comment about ARFCOM was 100% wrong, Right?............uh maybe?...................................
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
FALfile member: "Hello....My name is (fill in screen name here), and I too...suffer from ArfCom Envy.

Forum members: "Hello, (fill in screen name here) "

{Group Hug}

Hey, I tried to fill in my name and my browser wouldn't let me...

It acts like there's no link there at all (no little graspy hand or anything)...

What's up...?

Whoops, sorry for the hijack...

Back to arguing about "why I'd rather be shot with Wolf than something else, or not..."

Forrest

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Fuck them. We out number them and we have more guns.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

isn't that what they were shooting al pacino with at the end of Scarface?  Is that why he didnt go down until he took the shotgun to the back?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#39]
nevermind
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

We who?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

isn't that what they were shooting al pacino with at the end of Scarface?  Is that why he didnt go down until he took the shotgun to the back?

Little known fact - Al pacino was not killed by the shotgun blast.
He was actually killed by the racking of the shotgun, a half second before he was shot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
And another thing:

The bait was set out...... and sadly was taken. Yet another discussion in danger of being taken over by 'The Great Wolf Ammo Debate'. Sort of illustrates a point.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
So I like to waste time, So what.

Check how this thread is going.
Bullets won't kill you unless they are REALLY good bullets
Jeez

Thanks for proving my thesis
"ooh, ooh...what color should a get my stock in?
"ooh, ooh OH! Don't get it in Coyote Tan...get it in Dark Earth"
"Coyote Tan is soooo SHOT '05"
Oh, my gun goes sproing when I shoot it. How do I get rid of the noise?"
"Can any operators tell me which end of the clip goes in the gun"
LOL!!

You DO realize though, that you sound like QUITE the hypocritical, sanctimonious ass, right ?

Pot..... Kettle ... Hmmm ???

Don't come over here, bitching about how WE supposedly act a certain way on THIS site, then exhibit the exact same behaviour yourself.  

That's just being a fuckin' hypocritical troll........ Pure and simple.

Go find somebody to hate, that might actually give a shit.....

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Little known fact - Al pacino was not killed by the shotgun blast.
He was actually killed by the racking of the shotgun, a half second before he was shot.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We who?

Don't you know ?  Him and the rest of 10th grade !

Duhhhhhh  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#46]
(yawn)
(smacksmack)
Hey, man, don't you have some rail covers to buy or something?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
nevermind

I quickly saw your original comment earlier before I had to run an errand and didn't have time to respond then...

Sorry...

I appreciated the post...

Now, it's gone...

I hope that it wasn't something that I said (or didn't say)...

Forrest

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#48]
No, seriously...
There is a lot of good info in this particular forum. I've gleaned volumes from experts on ass-tattoos, how to kill zombies (real, infected ones - not those fakes up in Seattle) and Battlestar Galactica.
And JB69OU812, in case you're fresh out of irony, i am mocking you.

(nitz)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I still dont get the whole high post count =  I better believe what this guy says BS.

I see it as they spend alot of time on here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, for many of us, we and them are the same people (and it's always dangerous to assume more people mean more guns )...  Thus, if we followed this advice, we'd have to fuck (sorry for the language, but the saying doesn't quite sound the same without the word) ourself, something that I've always placed relatively low on my list of things to do...

Inter-board flame wars do none of us any good.

Forrest

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top