Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:03:08 AM EST
[#1]
I see you are into wrestling like my 6 year old son is. We are going to Monday night RAW next week.
fnh
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:03:24 AM EST
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bunch of people who watch Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are LOLing that this show is "fake" lmao
View Quote
There is a difference between fiction presented as fiction and fiction presented as fact. One is called storytelling and the other is called a lie.

And in the case of Wrestling, the fiction is told so poorly and in such an unbelievable way, that the people who fall for the lie are the subject of ridicule.

Now, for the people who watch it for laughs, the way someone watches a cartoon or sitcom, I get it and that's cool. But if you actually believe it...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:04:13 AM EST
[#3]
Brock will make a comeback. It's his destiny.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:05:18 AM EST
[#4]
Quoted:
Guess it's highly dependent on what someone considers fake then.

I know it's a scripted show, just like any other tv show. But their stunts and physical abilities are not fake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think people thought that at all. You aren't faking backflips off the top rope. You are lessening the severity of everything by being on a spring board. The hits to the face where they stomp their feet... Fake... Some injuries are legit, most are faked. But the concept that any wrestler is better than another is fake since the winner and loser is decided before hand. So when you say he "lost  to the other guy and is now a coward for attacking him. That's unfair, as he was told to lose.

I know it's a scripted show, just like any other tv show. But their stunts and physical abilities are not fake.
Well since your thread was on their actions, not their stunts and physical abilities is why you are getting shit lol.

A regular scripted TV show is telling a story. The game of thrones example, it is only ever presented as a fantasy story.

Wrestling is presented as a reality, like a boxing match, or ufc type reality. Has a live audience in a stadium, televised etc. Etc. But 1 of the 3 is  scripted. (notwithstanding thrown fights on the dl for money since those take heat too)  But since it's not presented like a regular fictional story, it takes the heat for being stupid drama.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:06:49 AM EST
[#5]
Quoted:

As if my opinion of the OP wasn't low enough as is.
View Quote
Actually, I like him a little bit better for this.

I didn't know he had a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:07:10 AM EST
[#6]
Shane McMahon top of the steel cage flying down to the announce table, Hardey boys and swan ton bomb from the titan tron, Owen heart... yea those weren't fake. Come on we all know it's scripted so what? At least we arnt glued to a tv watching a bunch of millionaires taking a knee during the national anthem complaining of inequality as they drive home after their game in their Lamborghinis...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:08:36 AM EST
[#7]
Quoted:
Lmfao at anyone who thinks any of that shit isn't pre rehearsed every single time. 
View Quote
Nothing fake about a stink face

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:09:29 AM EST
[#8]
When does he fight Jones?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:14:08 AM EST
[#9]
Real as fuck.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:14:45 AM EST
[#10]
Quoted:
Brock will make a comeback. It's his destiny density.
View Quote
Fixt.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:15:25 AM EST
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:16:52 AM EST
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:18:17 AM EST
[#13]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:19:34 AM EST
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:23:06 AM EST
[#15]
Quoted:

Gay theater.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:25:50 AM EST
[#16]
Bunch of people in here who don't have an ounce of athleticism talking shit about the wrestlers. Sounds right for GD
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:26:02 AM EST
[#17]
Quoted:
There is a difference between fiction presented as fiction and fiction presented as fact. One is called storytelling and the other is called a lie.

And in the case of Wrestling, the fiction is told so poorly and in such an unbelievable way, that the people who fall for the lie are the subject of ridicule.

Now, for the people who watch it for laughs, the way someone watches a cartoon or sitcom, I get it and that's cool. But if you actually believe it...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bunch of people who watch Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are LOLing that this show is "fake" lmao

So on The Walking Dead they go haha look a fake zombie lets hit em with a fake axe?  Riiiight

Inside of every fake tv show the characters act as if it's real.  

If you don't like it, don't watch it.  That's what I do.  But don't pretend that all the other fake scripted TV shows including dumbass "reality" TV shows aren't equally as fake and stupid. (With actors who put in much less work)
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:27:07 AM EST
[#18]
Quoted:
It's a scripted form of entertainment, i get that.  But to say it is "fake" in general means all the moves/stunts they perform are "Fake" too, which just isn't true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their athleticism isn't fake. But the drama you got worked up about to start the thread is.
It's a scripted form of entertainment, i get that.  But to say it is "fake" in general means all the moves/stunts they perform are "Fake" too, which just isn't true.
If its scripted, what makes that dude a "freaking coward"?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:27:59 AM EST
[#19]
Quoted:
Bunch of people in here who don't have an ounce of athleticism talking shit about the wrestlers. Sounds right for GD
View Quote
Oh, we are not laughing at the "wrestlers."  We are laughing at people who like wrestling.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:29:09 AM EST
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:31:23 AM EST
[#21]
Quoted:
OP should probably not be betting on the Washington Generals.......
View Quote
Hey man, the odds are The Generals have GOT to win a game sometime soon right???
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:32:15 AM EST
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL. Wrestling is fake, dude.
View Quote
Pre-determined
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:35:36 AM EST
[#23]
That little(er) wrestler dude is a pretty big boy in his own right.  How fucking strong do you have to be to let him jump up on your shoulder and then you carry him around the ring for a while?  Holy shit, that big(ger) dude's strong.  

I wouldn't want to fight either one.  Fuck, that's like the dude that took a .25acp to the chest some ten or twelve years ago, and the bullet lodged in one of his pecs.  

I used to watch wrestling in the Stone Cold Steve Austin days and it was fun to watch. The story lines were so over-the-top outrageously funny that it was real entertainment.  I mean, Stone Cold backs up a tanker truck full of beer into the arena, pulls out a hose, and hoses down the McMahons?  Hilarious!  Of course, part of the fun was because my kids were into it and watching it with them was just good, plain fun.  I miss those days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:37:23 AM EST
[#24]
Skip to 1:11 and watch for 3 seconds.

[youtube]3U5pW_dembA#t=01m11s[/youtube]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:44:00 AM EST
[#25]
So I guess after popping hot for roids (again) Brock is back at the soap opera show with folding chairs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:46:05 AM EST
[#26]
Quoted:
Lmfao at anyone who thinks any of that shit isn't pre rehearsed every single time. 
View Quote
Blasphemy!!!!! Heretic!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:48:37 AM EST
[#27]
Quoted:
So I guess after popping hot for roids (again) Brock is back at the soap opera show with folding chairs.
View Quote
He cant hack it in the real fighting world, the only way he can win anything is to play scripted ballet "fighting" where they script the winner ahead of time
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:49:50 AM EST
[#28]
I once witnessed Wahoo McDaniel, Jimmy Snooka and John Paul Jones pull up at a convenience store in Wahoo's car after a match in our town. They each got a 12 pack and a bottle of wine. We bullshitted for awhile and they said goodbye and got into the car headed back to North Carolina. Hint, it's a show, nothing more. I also had an ex coworker who played Mr. X when there was a match downtown. He told me the same thing, that's it's only a show.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:50:46 AM EST
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
No one is talking shit about wrestlers. They're talking shit about adults who watch wrestling avidly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:53:20 AM EST
[#30]
Pro wrasslin' is fucking GAAAAAAAAY.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:54:07 AM EST
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice straw man you built there.  

No, in fact I have yet to read a single comment criticizing the athleticism of wrestlers.  The ridiculous "story lines" and equally silly characters are what people are laughing at.  But it's pretty tough to make any sort of an argument defending the silliness that drives WWE characters, so you resort to a straw man.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:02:59 AM EST
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think people thought that at all. You aren't faking backflips off the top rope. You are lessening the severity of everything by being on a spring board. The hits to the face where they stomp their feet... Fake... Some injuries are legit, most are faked. But the concept that any wrestler is better than another is fake since the winner and loser is decided before hand. So when you say he "lost  to the other guy and is now a coward for attacking him. That's unfair, as he was told to lose.

ok....well.....TV dramas are scripted too,  but when the script says the stunt man falls off the horse,  he really falls off the horse.  That does not make the show 'real'

I'm glad you are entertained, we all gotta have something that trips our trigger....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:12:02 AM EST
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're just jealous that you don't have the skills to go pro in wrestling.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:12:51 AM EST
[#34]
I was flipping through the channels last night and saw RAW was on. Figuring it might greatly annoy the wife, I put it on, just as the segment depicted in the video started.

I couldn't do it. Shit's just too damn cheesy anymore.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:21:38 AM EST
[#35]
Quoted:

he's billed at 6'8" 385

He flipped an ambulance over once.  Let me see if i can find a video
View Quote
Lol, some friends are into this crap and I was watching when that happened. You can see the angle iron bolted into the floor that they used to flip it over. I'd bet quite a bit of money that wasn't the only trickery.

ETA: Haha, I went and re-watched that BS and you can see the shadow of the guy jumping out of the back before they tip it over.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:27:11 AM EST
[#36]
Funny to read some in this thread wrasslin' with their butthurt.  GD never fails.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:27:25 AM EST
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm making fun of people who get so involved in wrestling even though it's fake bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:28:00 AM EST
[#38]
Quoted:
I didn't watch with sound, but it looks like Brock was talking some smack carefully crafted script to a dude fellow actor and caught a whooping engaged in some carefully crafted choreography.
View Quote

fify
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:38:27 AM EST
[#39]
Quoted:
Brock will make a comeback. It's his destiny storyline.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:44:06 AM EST
[#40]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:50:50 AM EST
[#41]
Quoted:
Lol wrestling.

Soap operas for tough guys.
View Quote
True, but Lesnar is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion.  Legit badass.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:01:06 PM EST
[#42]
He probably wanted to remind him to return his shopping cart to the corral.   
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:30:48 PM EST
[#43]
Quoted:
That little(er) wrestler dude is a pretty big boy in his own right.  How fucking strong do you have to be to let him jump up on your shoulder and then you carry him around the ring for a while?  Holy shit, that big(ger) dude's strong.  

I wouldn't want to fight either one.  Fuck, that's like the dude that took a .25acp to the chest some ten or twelve years ago, and the bullet lodged in one of his pecs.  

I used to watch wrestling in the Stone Cold Steve Austin days and it was fun to watch. The story lines were so over-the-top outrageously funny that it was real entertainment.  I mean, Stone Cold backs up a tanker truck full of beer into the arena, pulls out a hose, and hoses down the McMahons?  Hilarious!  Of course, part of the fun was because my kids were into it and watching it with them was just good, plain fun.  I miss those days.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:33:21 PM EST
[#44]
And with a few key strokes ALL of the rogueboss posts make sense.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:34:01 PM EST
[#45]
OP thinks Wrestling is real and the moon landing is fake...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:35:24 PM EST
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait, you think the opposite?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:39:03 PM EST
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Said plenty of times in here I know wrestling is a scripted drama.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:45:15 PM EST
[#48]
I guess it had the intended effect since the OP is mad.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:45:58 PM EST
[#49]
Quoted:
I expected the op to be from Alabama.
View Quote
You wouldn't think it, but Ohio and Indiana produce some surprisingly fine examples of Redneckery.   Nothing like Lower Alabama, mind you, but still surprisingly fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:54:43 PM EST
[#50]
Quoted:

Wrestling is presented as a reality, like a boxing match, or ufc type reality. Has a live audience in a stadium, televised etc. Etc. But 1 of the 3 is  scripted. (notwithstanding thrown fights on the dl for money since those take heat too)  But since it's not presented like a regular fictional story, it takes the heat for being stupid drama.
View Quote
I'm not sure there is anyone who believes wrestling is presented as "Boxing or UFC reality".  It's presented as entertainment, and the promoters have never pretended otherwise.   You can piss and lol and about it being scripted, but fact is, that shit is dangerous and cripples or kills people.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top