BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, I am a star wars fan too.  I love the movies.  But, I don't get dressed up in weird ass costumes.  Then again, I don't obsess over firearms either.  My life doesn't evolve around having an arsenal (although I firmly believe we all have a right to such).  Just as these guys go overboard over the movie, I know a lot of people on this board will go spastic when wally world has a sale on winchester white box ammo.....

As long as these people realize it is just a game and put it aside when appropriate, there is no problem.  BTW, the reason I love the movies is because it combines science fiction with fantasy (knights in shining armor type).  2 of my favorite genre.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OK, I am a star wars fan too.  I love the movies.  But, I don't get dressed up in weird ass costumes.  Then again, I don't obsess over firearms either.  My life doesn't evolve around having an arsenal (although I firmly believe we all have a right to such).  Just as these guys go overboard over the movie, I know a lot of people on this board will go spastic when wally world has a sale on winchester white box ammo.....

As long as these people realize it is just a game and put it aside when appropriate, there is no problem.  BTW, the reason I love the movies is because it combines science fiction with fantasy (knights in shining armor type).  2 of my favorite genre.

And you have already taken this thread too seriously. Lighten up, Francis!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]

ETA: Remove BOTD per COC.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've never seen the movies...
I'm a trekker...so I can't bash...

please say it AIN'T SO
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Triumph just loves 'em
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Actually my kids asked me and the wife to dress up for halloween so our costume had to be 1st class[:

I just looked at that website and I have to say if you cannot make a 1st class costume or your to fat to even remotely look like the star was charactor your betraying..stay home.

If you are a 170-200lb chick you cannot be princess leia or Padme period!!!!

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry I loved Star Wars as a kid.

Now dont think my house is covered in Star Wars posters or crap etc but its always fun to sit down with the kids and watch the movies.

Heck me and the wife dressed up with the kids at Halloween and had a great time.

pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL16/709417/8250177/118852519.jpg

Its all fun just as long as you dont go overboard with it.

And that guy with the crappy Yoda outfit needs his ass beat!!!

FREE

just think guys, this uber nerd is in charge of at least a platoon of soldiers who he may very well be brainwashing into becoming uber nerds themselves, who may just rise up and take over the usa and place Darth FreeFall into power as the emporer.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Is that an Aimpoint clone I see?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.swchick.com/images/costumes/trooper/trooper_10.jpg
www.swchick.com/images/costumes/trooper/trooper_07.jpg
www.swchick.com/images/costumes/sandy/sandy_08.jpg
www.swchick.com/images/costumes/slave/new_slave_02.jpg
www.swchick.com/images/costumes/slave/new_slave_05.jpg

And your point? We already knew that some women are insane.

And if ya would, please kill the BOTD violation pics--I don't have a problem with them, but I'd rather the thread not get locked.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

One of these is not like the others....

Go figure; the woman looks clean and fresh, and the guys look like they just pulled a combat tour in an overflowing garbage dumpster

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#11]
New cammo.

WOOKIEPAT

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I didnt know that Stormtrooper armor came in a C-cup! or is that a D????!

Also I did'nt know That the Evil Empire armed it's soldiers with MG-42's and 38's??!!

Though i did notice that Han solo is a big fan of Mausers!!!!
            Even the lame ass ones that have to be loaded with stripper clips.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Isn't she a little short for a stormtrooper?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So with a robotic right hand a guy could do "The Stranger" all the time.  

You win.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So with a robotic right hand a guy could do "The Stranger" all the time.  

You win.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't ruin people's fun just because they like to dress up to show their enthusiasm.  I like playing dress up too..   not to movies, but to show my enthusiasm all-the-same.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
krautboy.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/starwars22.jpg

Self explanatory entertainment

And THIS is why we'll be speaking chinese in 75 years. Because these people are gonna eventually have children. But they won't be able to find a NORMAL and SANE mate, so they'll have to interbreed, creating a subspecies of Uber-Geek. Capable of great feats in Dungeouns and Dragons, but incapable of actual, physical, calorie burning activities!

Oh we are sooooooo fucked.

We'll just cast 1d20 in a saving throw against the Chinese.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#18]
The male/female ratio in these subcultures is so unbalanced there won't be much "interbreeding" going on.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And THIS is why we'll be speaking chinese in 75 years. Because these people are gonna eventually have children. But they won't be able to find a NORMAL and SANE mate, so they'll have to interbreed, creating a subspecies of Uber-Geek. Capable of great feats in Dungeouns and Dragons, but incapable of actual, physical, calorie burning activities!

I do get to use my +2 from my vorpal sword right?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do get to use my +2 from my vorpal sword right?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Don't ruin people's fun just because they like to dress up to show their enthusiasm.  I like playing dress up too..   not to movies, but to show my enthusiasm all-the-same.

hey what you do in the bedroom is your own business
"was I speeding officer?"
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HEH HEH HEH

Dammit I ALWAYS get the female cops
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HEH HEH HEH

ok that's just gay
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HEH HEH HEH

ok that's just gay

why?  I don't pimp my goods to female cops.  Besides, it wouldn't work, that is a guy thing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I dunno. The chick dressed up like Zam Wessel looks like she has a hot bod...

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Also I did'nt know That the Evil Empire armed it's soldiers with MG-42's and 38's??!!

Well in the movies, the blasters were dewatted MG-42's
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#29]
GT, my friend,
thank you so much for pointing out what we know already.  

I shall crown thee
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Freaks!

I know a huge Star Wars fan. He often dresses up as Darth Vader and pretends to be Anakin. He even as a collection of light sabers and action figures. I don't consider him to be a freak in any sense of the word.  Granted he is my 6 year old son.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Seen them never I have not.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well in the movies, the blasters were dewatted MG-42's

And there were some dewatted Lewis guns also, along with the standard Stormtrooper blaster being a pimped out (cooling fins, low power scope, etc) Sterling subguns.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
whats the best round for plastic armor?

6mm Airsoft.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Yet its ok when grown men dress up in camo and play airsoft.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:28:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
or the fags who turn honda del sol cars into spacefighting rice burners

They have one of those in Arizona too!!!!  That's too funny.  Took the kids to ComicCon in San Diego and saw one like that in the parking lot.  We thought it was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:30:09 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yet its ok when grown men dress up in camo and play airsoft.

Now you get it.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload9/Trooper.jpg

That guy in the background is using the force to speed up his movement to the rate of a speeding bullet!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Sandy likes her virgins and knows where to find them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sandy likes her virgins and knows where to find them.

omg,
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#40]

I wouldn't be too hard on the chick who turned her Tercel into an X-wing.  If you go to her main webpage there's a link to some pics of her doing some shooting.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I wouldn't be too hard on the chick who turned her Tercel into an X-wing.  If you go to her main webpage there's a link to some pics of her doing some shooting.

oh great, she's an armed delusional nutcase
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Yet it's ok when grown men dress up in camo and play airsoft.

Well, I'm fairly certain that the airsofters catch a fair ration of shit as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#44]
I will have to admit, a light saber would be sweet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I just wanna say...

Star Wars rules.

Theres nothing wrong with dressing up in costume once in awhile (I want a Stormtrooper outfit, complete with a demilled STEN gun.)

There are some people who - for what ever reason - HALF ASS or even QUARTER ASS a costume and look like SHIT. I dont understand this. I think they have mental problems and see their custom as something nice.  I see this at ren fairs too. If you cant make a 1/2 way decent costume - THEN DON'T BOTHER.

There are uber dorks and fags in every hobby - even shooting. (look ag deej)

And its too late - I have my procreation on the way!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Jesus, what a bunch of shitbags.

I fucking hate star wars. Mindless, pretentious dreck with some fucked-up morality just beneath the surface.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I fucking hate star wars. Mindless, pretentious dreck with some fucked-up morality just beneath the surface.

Nah, that's Peter Jackson's LOTRs that you're thinking of.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#48]
How Mark75101 deals with starwars freaks:

As soon as I find out someone is a star wars geek I wait for the appropriate moment then "mistakenly" refer to star wars as star track, when they start to correct me on it I just say "whatever" and continue right back into my conversation. I usually try to fuck it up at least one more time. Each time when they correct me (and they will) I handle it the same way "whatever". The reverse of this works just as well with the trek geeks. Its amazing just how pissed off they get without ever catching on.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I just wanna say...

Star Wars rules.

Theres nothing wrong with dressing up in costume once in awhile (I want a Stormtrooper outfit, complete with a demilled STEN gun.)

There are some people who - for what ever reason - HALF ASS or even QUARTER ASS a costume and look like SHIT. I dont understand this. I think they have mental problems and see their custom as something nice.  I see this at ren fairs too. If you cant make a 1/2 way decent costume - THEN DON'T BOTHER.

There are uber dorks and fags in every hobby - even shooting. (look ag deej)

And its too late - I have my procreation on the way!

Yea, STAR TRACK RULES, keep kickin ass brother
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
whats the best round for plastic armor?

5.7 from a  P90...just ask Stargate Command
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top