[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Iraq war 2003 - present

Robin Williams
50 Cent
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders

Didn't Toby do a show over there? Didn't we see Jessica Simpson and a bunch of other celebs over there? That list seems to have left some names off of it.

Toby Keith, Kid Rock, not a rocker but Jesse James (motorcycle guy...). WWE guys/gals.

There are more of us in America than there are thems......silent majority ain't just a theory.

And another +1 for left leaning folks who still entertain the troops and leave their politics at home.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn, who would think that I would read an article that would cause me to have even a little respect for <shudder> Al Franken?

Yeah....no matter what his political affiliation is, he really is a pretty awesome guy.  I didnt get to talk to him but I sat near him and heard him talking with a few guys.

Exhibit 892....

You're a fucking moron.

I figured that Al Franken and you would be best buddies, being flaming homosexual liberals and all.

Dont fucking bring stuff in other threads and let it spill over into every other single thread.  Only idiotic, dumbfuck trolls do that.  But if the shoe fits I guess...

Lol...does that classify as a personal attack?

I'd just like to know for future reference...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, don't get this thread locked, I still need an answer!!!  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
50 Cent

Wow, did not expect this.

50 cent is big on the military and pro-Bush, I wish I still had the link to his interview with BET or MTV news where he said he idolizes Bush.

There was some rap "peace summit" by Farrakan to keep the peace in the rap world...50 declined to attend...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn, who would think that I would read an article that would cause me to have even a little respect for <shudder> Al Franken?

Yeah....no matter what his political affiliation is, he really is a pretty awesome guy.  I didnt get to talk to him but I sat near him and heard him talking with a few guys.

Exhibit 892....

You're a fucking moron.

I figured that Al Franken and you would be best buddies, being flaming homosexual liberals and all.

Dont fucking bring stuff in other threads and let it spill over into every other single thread.  Only idiotic, dumbfuck trolls do that.  But if the shoe fits I guess...

Exhibit 893...

Last warning.  Trolling is an offense also.

Stop now.

I edited my post after I saw your comments...

However, I didn't say I liked a guy, then called him what he did and looped me in with it...This isn't the first time he has gone off on a member here, and I'm sorry, but if someone says Al Franken is "awesome" they probably are wanting someone to respond back to them...for we all know how "swell" of a guy he is, regardless of any PR trip to the gulf before his Senate run. Paul Wellstone is rolling over in his fucking grave right now...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Whoa!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Ted Nugent isn't on the list.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Anybody got a problem with another member trolling them, IM me.  Give me links to look at.

Fine...I happen to not do things like that, because I have a pretty thick skin and never was one to tattle. If someone in authority chooses to interject I'll abide if I want to stay around here...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ted Nugent isn't on the list.

He's probably too busy with his OLN reality show...

On the same topic, I wonder what British celebs do...for some reason I doubt Sienna Miller is walking around Iraq on meet and greets with the troops, but I have been known to be wrong before...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't care what your politics are.  

What I DO care about is the observance of the CoC.

Next willful blowout causes me to take sanctions.

Your call.

Anybody got a problem with another member trolling them, IM me.  Give me links to look at.

The phrase Sig Heil comes to mind.

Quit your crying

Take a deep breath and count to 10.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your call.

Quit your crying

Dude, our mods and staff are helpful, courteous (except tbk1 ) and overall pretty cool.  He even issued TWO warnings when one was probably enough.  Where do you get off coming in here and telling a mod who is enforcing the CoC to quit crying?  You are WAAAAAAAY out of line.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your call.

Quit your crying

Sigh

There comes a time when someone asks for it.

Well, Fat, take a deep breath and count to 48.

Hours, that is.

Be glad you got off that easy.

PWNED!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:02:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Iraq war 2003 - present

Robin Williams
50 Cent
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders

Didn't Toby do a show over there? Didn't we see Jessica Simpson and a bunch of other celebs over there? That list seems to have left some names off of it.

a LOT of names! shit, we can get a more accurate list here at arf.com! well, waddaya expoect from a brit paper?

TheKill - "MWR" is the old name for "morale, welfare, and recreation services". in the marine corps, it's now "mccs" which i think stands for "marine corps community services".

i'll see if i can find you poc's for all the services...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:29:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

· Danger and anti-war stance keep celebrities away
· Shows now depend on Christian hip-hop groups

Jamie Wilson in Washington
Saturday December 24, 2005
The Guardian

Just as the seemingly intractable nature of the war has led to a growing recruitment crisis, so the United Services Organisation, which has been putting on shows for the troops since the second world war, is struggling to get celebrities to sign up for even a short tour of duty.

I call BS on this whole article, Jamie Pulled this crap out of his/her ass. Recruitment crisis? BS
It's already been showm that alot of celeb's have gone over. Can you say Jason Blair boys and girls?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:31:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Fucking cowards.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:55:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exhibit 892....

You're a fucking moron.

Exhibit 893...

Last warning.  Trolling is an offense also.

Stop now.

Thanks Raf.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#20]
The guys in Iraq could probably use the 'Cathouse' crew by now
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How typical. No mention of Afghanistan. The forgotten REAL war on terror.

Ya, lots of action in Afghanistan right now...

Actually, there is..... just no media coverage. Per Capita a US Soldier or Marine is twice as likely to be killed or wounded in Afghanistan over the last year than in Iraq.

Add that to the fact that besides Bagram most of the FOB's here have living conditions worse than Iraq, and that there are a higher percentage of troops here that actually get outside the wire.

But Iraq is much more popular and easy for the media to follow.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#22]
yeah i was rather amuzed a few weeks ago reading an article where 50cent stated he was a big supporter of bush and would have voted for him if he didnt have felony convictions.  I find it suprising that he doesnt go with the crowd.  He seems to actually think for himself.

Oh and Don King likes bush too.......
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#23]
We had some of the WWE people show up at our little base- my God, one of those guys is freaking HUGE!  We also had Jessica Simpson and her husband as well as some latin bands.  The Miller Lite girls backed out as did some other group who I can't recall.

Blues Traveler does some PSAs on Armed Forces Network and I want to say they've been over too.  Check out their website and click on his Bio.  He;s got one pic of him with a 240 and check out his "other skills"

www.bluestraveler.com/memberBio.php?mid=1#
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted: yeah i was rather amuzed a few weeks ago reading an article where 50cent stated he was a big supporter of bush and would have voted for him if he didnt have felony convictions.  I find it suprising that he doesnt go with the crowd.  He seems to actually think for himself.
That's because he's smarter than your below average entertainer. The Towelbans banned music in Trashcanistan. So if they win, 50 Cent's career is over. Then there's the whole can't eat pork thing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Gary Sinese as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Do you expect any better from our overpaid entertainers?  

I don't.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Allysa Milano supports the troops

But not her breasts, lol.  

You can almost see nipples.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya, lots of action in Afghanistan right now...

Actually, there is..... juts no media coverage. Per Capita a us Soldier or Marine is twice as likely to be killed or wounded in Afghanistan over the last year than in Iraq.

Add that to the fact that besides Bagram most of the FOB's here have living conditions worse than Iraq, and that there are a higher percentage of troops here that actually get outside the wire.

But Iraq is much more popular and easy for the media to follow.

This is right on the money.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:33:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's the chick in white wifebeater????
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:34:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

man, in the first shot, isn't that a nipple???
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#31]
I wanna say Godsmack has done a concert or two either over there or at bases here for the troops.

Edit: I remember seeing pictures of the band, in particularly the lead singer with some of our troops and he was holding various guns and stuff.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:18:42 AM EDT
[#32]
the posted list is sorely out of date...there are many more stars that went over there that aren't listed. Alot of singers have gone..I know for sure that Kid Rock went over early in the war..and like Toby Keith, etc...

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:31:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Amen...

Ya know, the article claims support has chilled since 9/11.
Well, let's examine WHY shall we? Getting Saddam was a good thing. Puttin Iraq into the 21st century is a good thing...But you want to see support for the effort to pick up??? Show the American people that the American Govt has not forgotton 9/11. We already KNOW the troops haven't!!! Performers are willing to go BECAUSE of the troops...NOT because of the Govt.
I dunno...maybe it's the media or maybe the agenda truly has changed, but I don't get a sense that our troops are over there looking to quell Al Quada's power. It seems every time I turn on the TV it's all about Iraq and her freedom and her elections and her shiite issues. What happened to Afganistan? Are we still even looking for Osama???
I support our troops and I believe every good American (performer or not) does. But Dammit, time to (excuse the phrase) shit or get off the pot. It's been 4+ years. America needs to see Al quada cowered and shivering in fear. Starting with Osama.

Rant off.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:46:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen...

Well, let's examine WHY shall we? Getting Saddam was a good thing. Puttin Iraq into the 21st century is a good thing...But you want to see support for the effort to pick up??? Show the American people that the American Govt has not forgotton 9/11. We already KNOW the troops haven't!!! Performers are willing to go BECAUSE of the troops...NOT because of the Govt.
I dunno...maybe it's the media or maybe the agenda truly has changed, but I don't get a sense that our troops are over there looking to quell Al Quada's power. It seems every time I turn on the TV it's all about Iraq and her freedom and her elections and her shiite issues. What happened to Afganistan? Are we still even looking for Osama???
I support our troops and I believe every good American (performer or not) does. But Dammit, time to (excuse the phrase) shit or get off the pot. It's been 4+ years. America needs to see Al quada cowered and shivering in fear. Starting with Osama.

Rant off.

Yes, we are still looking for him.  We still have 18,000 troops in Afghanistan.  Didnt we just kill their #2 or #3 man in charge?

Ask a lot of Special Forces or 10th Mountain or 101st....they are there.  And they are definitely NOT forgotten.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen...

Rant off.

Yes, we are still looking for him.  We still have 18,000 troops in Afghanistan.  Didnt we just kill their #2 or #3 man in charge?

Ask a lot of Special Forces or 10th Mountain or 101st....they are there.  And they are definitely NOT forgotten.  

I hope so. I dunno...the article pisses me off because while I agree we have become complacent, the two battles are NOT one and the same.
Iraq is one issue and 9/11 and the war on terror is another, at least in my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno...I'm no political analyst,  but I really hate that the media plays it one way then decries it another.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#36]

The tradition of beautiful women thrilling the troops has continued - although while Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell showed up in Korea and Vietnam could boast Raquel Welch, in Iraq they have had to make do with sometime pop singer and reality TV star Jessica Simpson.

Make do?

Hell, I'd like to make do with Jessica Simpson!

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

But from the looks of it she is going unsupported!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Iraq is one issue and 9/11 and the war on terror is another, at least in my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno...

I disagree. The media, liberals, and even some people here want you to think they are two different issues, but I see them as the same one. We are fighting to establish a couple of stable [more] democratic states in order to stem the overwhelming tide of mullah-brainwashed future terrorists coming out of the area. Freedom and prosperity tend to put a damper on poor/ignorant/starving recruits willing to blow themselves up for idiotic madmen who don't shave and wear turbins.

I do agree that our men and women in the Afgan get very few mentions in the media though. And that's lame. But hey... why mention people doing their job (and a damn good one) when you can hang-out at the Baghdad Hotel and film explosions and tell Americans that it's all our fault and we shouldn't be over there and our boys and girls in uniform are terrorizing the poor Iraqi citizens? Never-mind all the good that's gone on in both countries, let's just focus on the death of innocents (caused by the terrorists... uh... I mean "insurgents" or "freedom fighters").

+1 on Gary Senise. The guy is A+ and top notch in my book. If hollyweird had more of him we'd live in a MUCH better world.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Iraq is one issue and 9/11 and the war on terror is another, at least in my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno...

I disagree. The media, liberals, and even some people here want you to think they are two different issues, but I see them as the same one. We are fighting to establish a couple of stable [more] democratic states in order to stem the overwhelming tide of mullah-brainwashed future terrorists coming out of the area. Freedom and prosperity tend to put a damper on poor/ignorant/starving recruits willing to blow themselves up for idiotic madmen who don't shave and wear turbins.

I do agree that our men and women in the Afgan get very few mentions in the media though. And that's lame. But hey... why mention people doing their job (and a damn good one) when you can hang-out at the Baghdad Hotel and film explosions and tell Americans that it's all our fault and we shouldn't be over there and our boys and girls in uniform are terrorizing the poor Iraqi citizens? Never-mind all the good that's gone on in both countries, let's just focus on the death of innocents (caused by the terrorists... uh... I mean "insurgents" or "freedom fighters").

+1 on Gary Senise. The guy is A+ and top notch in my book. If hollyweird had more of him we'd live in a MUCH better world.

Thanks...another way to look at it...hmmm...

regarding Gary Sinise...<<sigh>>
If Hollyweird had more like him, it'd also be a prettier place

Hey! if you boys can oogle thae Milano chick, Sinise needs oogling by us women!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

is it just me or do all of them appear to be the #2 or #3 man in charge?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#41]
50 cent obviously was one of the few who went over b/c he's got his bullet proof vest.  yadig?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is it just me or do all of them appear to be the #2 or #3 man in charge?

We kill so many of them, by the time #2 died, #6 has taken his place and then we kill him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Relax.

If Franken does something, it's for his sake, not anybody else's.

He's doing this because:

He's a critic of the war, and wants to avoid the charges of spineless liberal weasel and of not supporting the troops.

He's most likely running for the US Senate from Minnesota, and this will look very good on his resume.

How do I know that it's all about him?  Easy.  I listen to his show (opposition research), and he cannot go more than 3 minutes without mentioning that he has been in Iraq entertaining the troops.  I kid you not.

Well, that's what yo uwould at first think, however - according to John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), a conservative radio talk host - that's not true.

He has gone with Al to Iraq (not sure about A-stan) several times and he does it because he truly  feels a need to support the troops.  If JBL says it, you can take it to the bank, as he's a pretty straight shooter.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top