Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:24:06 PM EST
[#1]
Stoked for this flick.

Aww heck, I'm stoked for anything Star Wars.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:41:59 PM EST
[#2]
Darth Plagueis is said to have learned how to overcome death.  What if Rey is the reincarnation of Plagueis but trained on the light side?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:50:00 PM EST
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Darth Plagueis is said to have learned how to overcome death.  What if Rey is the reincarnation of Plagueis but trained on the light side?
View Quote

Plagueis is Snoke

Rey is a Palpatine

Snoke wants to kill Rey for revenge.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:54:20 PM EST
[#4]
The only decent SW material released lately has been the Auralnauts vids.

Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:55:34 PM EST
[#5]
There was no sex in the galaxy
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:59:03 PM EST
[#6]
Qui gon Jin is snoke. In the end of revenge of the sith, yoda says he learned the path to immortality.

Or mace windu is snoke, getting revenge on the skywalkers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:33:12 PM EST
[#7]
Quoted:
Qui gon Jin is snoke. In the end of revenge of the sith, yoda says he learned the path to immortality.
View Quote
NO.

Yoda learned to communicate with Qui Gon Jin in the same way that Luke spoke to Obi Wan when he was killed by Vader.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:33:50 PM EST
[#8]
STAR WARS 8: New Clip + Trailer (2017)
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:45:39 PM EST
[#9]
Man, the Leia/Carrie story is going to hit me right in the feels... hard.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:04:36 PM EST
[#10]
Neat, new A-wings in that hangar scene! I thought 7 was missing some good spacefighter pron, so hopefully we get a good battle or two in this one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:50:09 PM EST
[#11]
So it seems that Disney has gone Anime, or something, and changed the designs of the Royal Guard.  Oh, they're Praetorian Guards now.  Ninjas with no eyes.  Reminds me of that GI Joe movie they made a couple years ago.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:48:49 PM EST
[#12]
Dammit!!! I just tried to watch this but forgot I have no speakers for my computer because I'm fucking homeless and have no where to actually set my computer up right now!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:14:52 PM EST
[#13]
New ship/walker designs.  Looks like they're running with the TFA strategy of "everything's the same, just bigger."

Skip to 1:00

New The Last Jedi Vehicles Revealed, Exploring Lucasfilm's Vaults, and More!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:55:28 PM EST
[#14]
Y'all got any more of them trailers?

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:07:19 AM EST
[#15]
Quoted:
Rey is Palpatine's descendent. That is my prediction 
View Quote

The Emperor's Phone Call | Robot Chicken | Adult Swim

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:12:41 AM EST
[#16]
Quoted:

Even without the SJW undertones, Episode 7 wasn't that good.

The main character was a consummate "Mary Sue", everything was super easy and required no struggle or effort to accomplish. It's like a really shitty fan fiction written by a teenager about their favorite character. Rey was exhibiting powers and skills that take other Jedi months and years of training, and she was doing it within hours of finding out "The Force" even exists, that is bad writing and character development.

I think they're probably going to have her be the reincarnation of Anakin, and try to handwave it away by doing so. I don't think that's justifiable cause for her having a perpetual easy button but I think that's what they're going to do.

The plot was also just a complete rip off of the original Star Wars, to an extent that was just sad.
View Quote
Yeah, and they adopted Marvel's whimsical tone to a degree that none of the characters seemed to take anything seriously. Which really undermines some of the other story elements like the themes of destiny or good .vs evil. It's just lazy screenwritting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:14:29 AM EST
[#17]
7 was the first good SW movie, much better than the original trilogy abortions. Rogue One was meh. 

I'm looking forward to this one 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:30:02 AM EST
[#18]
Quoted:
7 was the first good SW movie, much better than the original trilogy abortions. Rogue One was meh. 

View Quote
I'd rather watch the phantom menace starring an entire cast of jar jar binks than watch episode 7 again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:45:17 AM EST
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd rather watch the phantom menace starring an entire cast of jar jar binks than watch episode 7 again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Meesa got bombad feeling about dis!" 

"Meesa no sense anyting" 

I'd watch it 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:08:05 AM EST
[#20]
Quoted:
In this episode, Rey cures cancer and solves galactic hunger, because estrogen is magic.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:29:40 AM EST
[#21]
Quoted:

"Meesa got bombad feeling about dis!" 

"Meesa no sense anyting" 

I'd watch it 
View Quote
End of star wars eight they kill Snoke and as the credit's role all you hear is

Meesa rule the galaxy now!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:16:33 PM EST
[#22]
Quoted:
Rey is Palpatine's descendent. That is my prediction 
View Quote
Rey's parents are revealed in TLJ

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:24:05 PM EST
[#23]
Can we have the First Order whipping some ass this time?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:49:58 PM EST
[#24]
Quoted:
Can we have the First Order whipping some ass this time?
View Quote
No.  Jar Jar Abrams killed 5 or 6 planets in ep 7.  Aren't you entertained?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:08:16 PM EST
[#25]
Ep. 6: The Last Laser Master Teaser
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:09:24 PM EST
[#26]
Well, might restart my Rebels thread.

Looks like

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:16:10 PM EST
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, might restart my Rebels thread.

Looks like

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
That's a good show.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:18:23 PM EST
[#28]
Quoted:
That's a good show.
View Quote
I had a screenshot from the beginning of the second trailer.

It seriously reminded me of the ending of Halo: Reach.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:25:46 PM EST
[#29]
First of all let me say that the three prequels sucked ass.

Now that that's out of the way, I can't believe some people are saying the Disney has ruined the franchise. I can't believe that they say TFA sucked. I still can't believe that some people say they couldn't get into rogue one.

Fuck all that nonsense. I grew up on Star Wars, I had all the toys, and all that shit. The difference is I didn't build my life around Star Wars, and I didn't make it part of my entire being to where anything they do with it will ruin it all for me.

TFA was awesome. Rogue one was awesome. The next one will be awesome.

Some people need to get a goddamn life, and accept entertainment for entertainment. You are in your own way when it comes to enjoying new Star Wars movies.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:28:06 PM EST
[#30]
Oh, is this the thread where everyone bitches about how anything made in the past 2 decades sucks?  

Fuckin GD.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:36:18 PM EST
[#31]
Quoted:
Movie will suck just like TFA.
View Quote
EP 7 felt like I was watching nerdgasm fan fiction with a coating of cheetos dust.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:40:14 PM EST
[#32]
Quoted:

Now that that's out of the way, I can't believe some people are saying the Disney has ruined the franchise. I can't believe that they say TFA sucked. I still can't believe that some people say they couldn't get into rogue one.

Fuck all that nonsense. I grew up on Star Wars, I had all the toys, and all that shit. The difference is I didn't build my life around Star Wars, and I didn't make it part of my entire being to where anything they do with it will ruin it all for me.

Some people need to get a goddamn life, and accept entertainment for entertainment. You are in your own way when it comes to enjoying new Star Wars movies.

Seriously.
View Quote
Rogue One was awesome.   TFA was decidedly not so.   I am not a movie over-thinker.  I mostly just go along to see the pretty colors and watch the story.  If I am asking myself questions like "How the fuck is she just using the force in 10 minutes" while I'm in the theater, it's fucking bad.  If I am saying to myself that the arch-villain is not even the least bit menacing in the theater, it's fucking bad.

RO at least told an interesting side story that kept my attention mostly off it's WTF moments.  Without prompting, I strongly preferred it to TFA.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:42:57 PM EST
[#33]
Quoted:
Can't wait for more stormtrooper goodness
View Quote
Stormtroopers are the only reason I watch the saga.
Attachment Attached File

The only reason I don't have a full suit is that I can't justify $2k of plastic and neoprene that I'd wear maybe twice a year.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:43:49 PM EST
[#34]
Quoted:

Seriously.
View Quote
I did enjoy the prequels and went into TFA excited. But I left brokenhearted by what I got. The same thing with Rogue One.

If the best Disney can give us is a Luke who runs away, R2 and 3P0 reduced to cameos, and Han turned into a broken down truck driver/sacrificial lamb, then I'm just not interested with what the Mouse has to offer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:12:49 PM EST
[#35]
Quoted:
I did enjoy the prequels and went into TFA excited. But I left brokenhearted by what I got. The same thing with Rogue One.

If the best Disney can give us is a Luke who runs away, R2 and 3P0 reduced to cameos, and Han turned into a broken down truck driver/sacrificial lamb, then I'm just not interested with what the Mouse has to offer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.

You liked the prequels, yet TFA and Rogue One sucked?

The answer is simple: You are retarded.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:15:50 PM EST
[#36]
Heaven forfend I have a different opinion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:17:22 PM EST
[#37]
Quoted:
Rogue One was awesome.   TFA was decidedly not so.   I am not a movie over-thinker.  I mostly just go along to see the pretty colors and watch the story.  If I am asking myself questions like "How the fuck is she just using the force in 10 minutes" while I'm in the theater, it's fucking bad.  If I am saying to myself that the arch-villain is not even the least bit menacing in the theater, it's fucking bad.

RO at least told an interesting side story that kept my attention mostly off it's WTF moments.  Without prompting, I strongly preferred it to TFA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.

What says she can't use the force in 10 minutes?

Is there something in the previous movies that says she can't?

There are things in the prequels that says she can. Even in TFA it says the force called out to HER.

Find that unreasonable?

If so, why?

You said you are not a movie over-thinker, but I think you are, just by your own statements. You basically contradict yourself in your post.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:21:56 PM EST
[#38]
Quoted:
Heaven forfend I have a different opinion.
View Quote
Heaven forfend your four farts for forfending fortitude for force farters.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:30:56 PM EST
[#39]
Quoted:
Luke's light saber!!!!!

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:34:34 PM EST
[#40]
Quoted:

Stormtroopers are the only reason I watch the saga.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258113/15044894144531746648604-298462.JPG
The only reason I don't have a full suit is that I can't justify $2k of plastic and neoprene that I'd wear maybe twice a year.
View Quote
If I wasn't a Lardo-American, and had the money, and even less self-esteem than I do now, I'd go for the Biker Scout armor. If I were in the Empire, a Biker Scout would be my job.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:35:18 PM EST
[#41]
I want to see it just to learn more, figure out what theories are correct or not.

Is Snokes the come out of hiding after Palpatine died, Darth Plagueis?

Or is Snokes much older than 1000 years, and has recently come out to rule, since the Jedi / Sith are almost extinct (Snokes does mention in TFA if Luke is allowed to live, the "new Jedi" will arise)?

What is Rey's parentage?  Clone of Luke from his hand?  Daughter of Palpatine?  Daughter of Obi Wan?

Is this movie going to have a twist, where Finn becomes a new Jedi, and Rey becomes a Sith (her saber 'style' is an awful lot like Palpatines)?

Why did Luke go to that planet with the old temple, what did he want to learn?

Etc, etc...
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:36:02 PM EST
[#42]
Quoted:
Some real negative midichlorians in this thread, man.
View Quote
Word

The dark side is strong as fuck in GD

bunch of "muh pointy elbows" in here!

*disney puts hot girls in Star Wars*
GD - " phagot SJWers, I want my leading characters to look like Han, I want to only look at Han for hours."

*disney puts a black dude in Star Wars*
GD - "asshole SJWers, that space movie with laser swords and the force and fucking aliens was fine and balanced, now it's just unbelievable SJW Phaggotry!"  

Y'all need Jesus ... or the Force... or some Xanax
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:55:53 PM EST
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.

Ok, you JUST went on a huge rant about how people should lighten up and respect each others opinions, and within 3 posts you're telling someone they're retarded because of their opinion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:21:30 PM EST
[#44]
Quoted:

What says she can't use the force in 10 minutes?

Is there something in the previous movies that says she can't?

There are things in the prequels that says she can. Even in TFA it says the force called out to HER.

Find that unreasonable?

If so, why?

You said you are not a movie over-thinker, but I think you are, just by your own statements. You basically contradict yourself in your post.
View Quote
Every other Jedi or Sith needed years of training.  Luke was supposed to be very strong with the force and the best he could do, even with minimal training, was let the force sort of guide him subconsciously.  It took him years to become even remotely competent.  Anakin was the strongest Jedi ever seen.  Again, without training, the best he could do was subconsciously using it to enhance his reflexes.

Rey was using mind control with no training.  She uses it for telekinesis without training.  Heck, nobody even told her these things were possible.  She is the definition of a Mary Sue.  And the fact that she was accompanied by an inept, incompetent man just made it better.  The complete copying of the Episode IV story, complete with a "resistance" to a "New Order" that somehow exists in a Galaxy where the New Republic is the primary power is just the icing on the cake.

Oh.  And a completely unintimidating Darth Emoticus.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:22:54 PM EST
[#45]
I wish the lead actress had bigger tits.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:34:12 PM EST
[#46]
The diversity and social justice is strong in these abominations.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:38:24 PM EST
[#47]
Quoted:
The diversity and social justice is strong in these abominations.
View Quote
Whats the difference between Leia and Rey?

Or Finn and Lando?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:43:12 PM EST
[#48]
I hope the African American storm trooper did more cardio.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:44:53 AM EST
[#49]
Now Episode 9's director just got fired.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/06/star-wars-9-director-colin-trevorrow-also-fired-by-lucasfilm.html

Sources tell the outlet that the director’s working relationship with Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy became unmanageable.
View Quote
That's almost word-for-word the same as when Disney fired Lord/Miller for the Solo film.  It's still to be determined if it's a good or bad thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:29:50 AM EST
[#50]
Quoted:
Now Episode 9's director just got fired.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/06/star-wars-9-director-colin-trevorrow-also-fired-by-lucasfilm.html

That's almost word-for-word the same as when Disney fired Lord/Miller for the Solo film.  It's still to be determined if it's a good or bad thing.
View Quote
Perhaps Ms Kennedy is the issue?  Nah...
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top