BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
" No person shall install, possess, or operate in any motor
2 vehicle in the City of St. Louis any radio, tape recorder, loud speaker, sound
3 amplifier, cassette or compact disc player, or other sound system or device in
4 which:
5 1. there is any speaker, which is external to the passenger compartment"

I guess this would mean that car alarms would be illegal.

While I'll admit that I don't like those loud car stereos, I dislike this kind of legislation even more. It really does remind me of the so-called "assault weapon" laws and regulations. Laws like this are too restrictive, while at the same time are too ambiguous and all-encompassing.

I also do not think it's a serious enough matter that they need to confiscate property. Create an ordinance, write tickets, and FOLLOW UP on them, i.e. ENFORCE it. A heavy fine might be a deterrant.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell yea who needs 10 speakers, who needs bass speakers

and why does anyone need a semi automatic rifle???

who needs more than 10rds in a mag???

You can't have more than 10 speakers so why would you need more than 10rds???.

Now do you realize how dumb your comment was.

FREE

Rifle

Quoted:
Bout time!!!   I hate bass cars and I hope that makes its way to Florida.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Its all fun and game until you get shot for not minding your own buisness.

If anyone tried to pull me out of my car they are getting shot.

FREE

Quoted:
[size=2]Starearo:   I bet you are one of those annying little assholes that drive around thinking that you are cool as you listen to your shit you call music as you car rattles down the road.   By all means drive on down to Florida and I will personally rip you out of your car!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The city of St. Louis (at least a sizeable part of it) is the social and legal equivalent of New Orleans.  One of these days the New Madrid Fault may rock and roll and the city might fall into Illinois.  I just hope that I'm not working at the time.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Loud bass thumpa thumpa music played in cars with the loose screws rattling around is covered by the 216teenth Amendment to the Constutition:

A wizzell regulated pimp my ride, being necessary ta tha homies of a free state, tha R-to-tha-izzight of tha thugz ta keep n bear rap-nhip hop byatch, shall not be infringed . Yippie yo, you can't see my flow.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
That law is not right. It doesnt happen at my current house, but it pissed me at the old one when people would rattle the inside of my house at 4 in the morning when i have a 6 month old sleeping.

If you want your radio loud fine, but i dont want to hear your bullshit from 100 yards away at 4 in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
lots of people associating these systems with rap..     Back in the day, I used to set lots of car alarms off my driving through the mall parking lot listening to some country    Shoulda seen the looks I got driving down the road with Gwar booming

I miss my old setup
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
lots of people associating these systems with rap..     Back in the day, I used to set lots of car alarms off my driving through the mall parking lot listening to some country    Shoulda seen the looks I got driving down the road with Gwar booming

I miss my old setup

Thats fine and dandy if you use some respect and common curtesy, which alot of folks dont.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I miss my old setup

Thats fine and dandy if you use some respect and common curtesy, which alot of folks dont.

Of corse I did..   I wasnt driving through residential areas at night with it going either..  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top