Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/11/2004 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Tattooing has been around for centuries, all the way back to the nomadic races. It has always been a form of expression in one form of another, in some cultures, tattooing was done for prestige within the culture, or rank if you will. It was a very sacred and respected art. It was only the most prestigious that were privileged to adorn their bodies in such a permanent way.

In this day and age it is still a very sacred undertaking. Although this is more on an individual basis rather then cultural. To most that get tattooed the art they receive is of a very special design and meaning. It is their way of expressing that which is "them". Some tattoos tell a story, others are just a small expression of their inner most being. From the smallest rose to the full body tattoo... it's all the same.

Now in this day and age we cater to such a wide variety of people. A lot of these people are in the professional field; doctors lawyers, policemen, you name it! The days of old are gone. It's not just bikers and sailors anymore, its everyday people just like you and me. The art work has changed a lot too over the years. It's not just a simple choice out of a limited design booklet.
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/12/2004 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Historical point, Claymores usually didnt have such downswept hand guards and the guard normally had a trefoil end.  What you have is a normal Scottish small sword, IE Claybeg(missspelled I know) But thanks to English Military regulations, any Scottish sword (including basket hilts) are now known as a Claymore.  

Awww..Fuck! Now I'm gonna hafta stick my tit on the belt sander!
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This one always gets a response.
Usually something like "Holy Shit !"
It's a Scottish claymore. I had the length of it  bobbed to fit the canvas.

It's not really crooked, it just looks that way from holding the camera out to take the pic.

[imgl]img4.photobucket.com/albums/0803/rrwacko/sword_01.jpg[/imgl]

man thats the pinkest hairless chest i   have seen on a man

I place the blame squarely at the feet of my parents. Damn caucasians! Apparently, both were several generations removed from their hairy ancestral apes too.

Now get back in your tree, TB.
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an 9 inch ruler on my dick
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife has several. Butterfly on her derriere, vine and flowers on her ankle.

I stick with the barbells and rings.
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I bet your  a  fisherman also.......

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, heck, here it is again for all of ya'll that didn't see it. I've also got so work on my other arm but it's not as nice as this one plus I've got a bat on my right shoulder and a Pegasus on my left shoulder.

And YES, as a matter of fact I do like MEGADETH.
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.lovelostrecords.com/images/newtat.jpg

wow.  that's really good work.
Link Posted: 6/12/2004 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.lovelostrecords.com/images/newtat.jpg

wow.  that's really good work.

thanks, its a fudog, which in asian history were placed outside of holy places to ward off evil.  They're half dog half lion...  loyalty of a dog, power of a lion.

I dont have its partner (they come in pairs) and this one i have isnt finished because the artist moved.
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#13]
1) wolf head on my left bicep
2) a star and a snake with my name in runes, left shoulder
3) norse "woven steel" armband, with my wifes initials in runic, just below my left elebow
4) wolfpaw with a triskellion in it, inside of left arm
5) the word "hard" in old english letters on the back of my upper left arm
6) the word "kore" in old english letters on the back of my upper right arm
7) a wolf head from a norse longship prowhead on the inside of right arm
8) norse "woven steel" with my name in runic in it just below my right elbow
9) celtic interwoven wolves on my right shoulder
10) eagle head on my right bicep
11) standing wolves on my left pec
12) top of my neck, interwoven norse dragons
13) military unit crest, lwft shoulder
14) military unit crest, under left shoulder
15) military unit crest, right shoulder
16) military unit crest under right shoulder
17) my family crest, right in the middle of my back
18) pic of a chick damn near naked on the lower right part of my back

as far as cool scars:
i got a scar from a bullet hole on my left shoulder blade
a barely visible scar from a boxcutter on the top of my head

i think thats about it, i`ll let ya know if i missed anything
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Inside right forearm

Left Collar

Right Collar

Right Bicep/shoulder

Left Bicep

Back of Neck

Right Calf

And this is what the tatoos on my right hand and wrist look like after a good laser burn. (5 or 6 treatements, they are almost gone now)

Link Posted: 6/13/2004 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't have any tats yet, but I do have some scars.  I've been considering getting one of the pic below, and I told myself if I still want it 3-5 years later, I'd probably be happy with it.  Well 4 years later I still want it, now I'm just waiting to get this house settled before I go shopping for an artist.  Here's a pic of what I want on my right calf.

Link Posted: 6/13/2004 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:And YES, as a matter of fact I do like MEGADETH.

Megadeth used to be great, I saw them in concert twice. I stopped listening when Dave started his whole anti-gun pro-DNC crap.

Nice tats though.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

but I thought you were Irish?
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
as far as cool scars:

2 things,

remind me never to go on any super spook mall ninja mission with you, with all them "Death from Behind" tatts  Im thinking of getting a Tac EMS symbol on my calf.  

Since you upped the bar with scars:

Upper left shoulder, scar from a piece of a fmj that blew back and hit me.  
Rt knee, wound from a flint arrowhead.  My bad to be the cowboy that day LOL  Rez games were for keeps!

Link Posted: 6/13/2004 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Megadeth used to be great, I saw them in concert twice. I stopped listening when Dave started his whole anti-gun pro-DNC crap.Nice tats though.  

Say it ain't so.  I would have bet the farm that they were pro-gun or at least neutral. Damn, that really messes up my day.
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I got 2... one is a lions head on my left upper arm, hand drawn by one of the worlds top tattoo artists, Anil Gupta. The other one is a  dragon on my right arm, covering most of the upper arm.  I also want to get a Spanish Conquistador (to celebrate the best part of my heritage) and a St Micheal peice (one of the graphic ones stabbing the devil in the face or something)

I was thinking of getting a molon labe tat also. Dunno where tho, maybe my inner forearm or above my belly button.

Link Posted: 6/13/2004 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm too damn hairy for tattoos.  The only places that don't grow hair are my palms, ankles, dick and forehead.   Not gonna have any put on those places.
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Now that is a work of art. Very nice, who did it?
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Left upper arm, a Roadrunner.  I used to work on the road, hence the tattoo stands for part of my life.

Left calf, Sunburst with a banner across it with my wife's name on it.  Above is my first daughter's name, below is my other daughter's leg.  Obviously these are also about part of my life.
Link Posted: 6/15/2004 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
as far as cool scars:

2 things,

remind me never to go on any super spook mall ninja mission with you, with all them "Death from Behind" tatts  Im thinking of getting a Tac EMS symbol on my calf.  

Since you upped the bar with scars:

Upper left shoulder, scar from a piece of a fmj that blew back and hit me.  
Rt knee, wound from a flint arrowhead.  My bad to be the cowboy that day LOL  Rez games were for keeps!

it might seem kinda cheesy, but im aweful proud of my service, i do catch alot of flack from the other guys im in with though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#25]
^
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got "Fly High" (Freebird) in fading colors from red to green placed inconspicuously on my upper right arm.  Ha, I bet the administration here would drop a brick if they knew...

My best friend died in an auto accident when I was 17, and soon afterwards I got the tat outlined to kind of immortalize the era and our way of life at the time.  Only recently did I get it filled in with the colors.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I have a large pouncing tiger, with grass, & bamboo on my left arm, & shoulder, & a skull with a noose, wearing a cowboy hat on my right arm. I'm thinking of having a Marine Corps emblem in black done to cover the cowboy.

I must say I agree with Tequilabob, if you don't have one why are you posting here. That wasn't the question, brush up on your reading comprehenshion. I'm still waiting for the yahoo to show up & say people with tat's are all low life criminal types who deserve no respect, & should be put in prison, because they are idiots, you can always tell. because they have tattoo's.

SFT,
Did you go to MOS school in LeJeune around 89' ?  That Tiger tat sounds aweful familiar ?? ...

Sorry only Cracker Jack tatoos for myself ........
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top