TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Give 'em Hell, SteyrAUG

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Say what you like. I'm no longer gonna bother. Now I know why NOBODY else does either.
View Quote

isn't that what you said about 6 months ago or so?  that you'd be posting a lot less frequently around here because you got your panties in a pinch, jumped the gun, made a huge ass (wrong!) assumption, and then had it slammed back in your face?

i log on for the first time in nearly two weeks and the first thing i notice is a bunch of threads from SteyAUG that seem to want to do nothing but start a bunch of trouble.

don't get me wrong, i don't have a personal beef with you.  i've actually enjoyed some of our chat discussions.  but this petty childish behavior is really getting old.  it also makes me think you've realized you don't have much ground to stand on and instead of admitting THAT little bit, you wish to wash your hands of the whole issue by making accusations about ETH's ingtegrity.  and then top it all off with the "i'm done with this" speech.

takes a way a little bit of credibility to anything you have to say when you can't stand by it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Post from SteyrAUG -
My sole objection to Israel is they exist at OUR expense for THEIR benefit.
View Quote

Nonsense, they fought three major wars without a red cent of our help or military involvement.
Remember the Truman Arms Embargo against the Middle East? The US faithfully upheld a ban on any and all arms shipments to Israel, while the Arabs and the Soviets were dumping their military wares all over their clients.

The US did not relent, however, even in the face of obvious violations by the Arab nations.

It was only [u]after[/u] the 1967 Six Day War that the US changed its mind regarding military support of Israel.

It was Israel's crushing victory over the combined Arab forces which caused this change of view. The following year, the United States sold Israel sophisticated planes (Phantom jets) for the first time. Washington shifted its Middle East policy from seeking a balance of forces to ensuring Israel enjoyed a qualitative edge over its enemies.

So right up until 1968 Israel was not, repeat, not existing simply because of US benefit, but had existed despite US neglect.

In 1968, Israel traded in its Mirage fighters for Phantoms at the urging of the United States!

Now that things may have changed a tad, you would want to reneg on that deal!

How sweet!
And I mean military actions, not their voting record in the UN. Nobody dies casting a vote in the General Assembly.
View Quote

Really. But a lot of people die [u]because[/u] of votes that are cast in the United Nations.

Ask Israel.

So why do we bother voting if it means nothing?

I disagree. If our allies supported us fully in the United Nations, the way Israel has supported us, well, who knows what might have happened in the past?
And your "rest assured they do something, even if WE don't know about it" is the same kind of bullshit I get from MY government. I object to that as well.
View Quote

Well then, what's the CIA's budget, ooops, we don't know that number do we.

Should we figure that something's being done on our behalf by the CIA even if we don't lnow what it might be?

That's why we elect the right people to the Presidency. If George W. Bush cannot deliver to us complete satisfaction that he is working the governement the way it should be worked, and producing policies to insure US hegemony on this globe, then he will be replaced just like his father before him!

If I can blame the Israeli government for its failure in the Jonathan Pollard affair, we should likewise be able to blame Bush should our country falter!

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Say what you like. I'm no longer gonna bother. Now I know why NOBODY else does either.
View Quote

isn't that what you said about 6 months ago or so?  that you'd be posting a lot less frequently around here because you got your panties in a pinch, jumped the gun, made a huge ass (wrong!) assumption, and then had it slammed back in your face?

i log on for the first time in nearly two weeks and the first thing i notice is a bunch of threads from SteyAUG that seem to want to do nothing but start a bunch of trouble.

don't get me wrong, i don't have a personal beef with you.  i've actually enjoyed some of our chat discussions.  but this petty childish behavior is really getting old.  it also makes me think you've realized you don't have much ground to stand on and instead of admitting THAT little bit, you wish to wash your hands of the whole issue by making accusations about ETH's ingtegrity.  and then top it all off with the "i'm done with this" speech.

takes a way a little bit of credibility to anything you have to say when you can't stand by it.
View Quote

You either misunderstood or took my statement out of context. Eric, will support Israel no matter what they do. So [b]I'm not gonna bother[/b] trying to explain my criticism of Israel to Eric.

As for me, I DO post a LOT less. I've been here the last few days to keep up with a topic. Should I have abandoned it?

And as for "starting trouble", I am as guilty as Eric. If he is free to post about Israel, so am I.

Sorry I am unwilling to conform to that standard "Progun, staunchly republican, Israel is great but God is better, women should be in the kitchen" stereotype. I will continue to think for myself thank you. As a result my views may differ from yours. Sorry if that is "starting trouble."
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#6]
OK Kiddies, Its time to kiss and make up.

lol
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nonsense, they fought three major wars without a red cent of our help or military involvement.
Remember the Truman Arms Embargo against the Middle East? The US faithfully upheld a ban on any and all arms shipments to Israel, while the Arabs and the Soviets were dumping their military wares all over their clients.

The US did not relent, however, even in the face of obvious violations by the Arab nations.

It was only [u]after[/u] the 1967 Six Day War that the US changed its mind regarding military support of Israel.

It was Israel's crushing victory over the combined Arab forces which caused this change of view. The following year, the United States sold Israel sophisticated planes (Phantom jets) for the first time. Washington shifted its Middle East policy from seeking a balance of forces to ensuring Israel enjoyed a qualitative edge over its enemies.

So right up until 1968 Israel was not, repeat, not existing simply because of US benefit, but had existed despite US neglect.
View Quote

And we didn't owe them a damn thing THEN either.

Quoted:
Really. But a lot of people die [u]because[/u] of votes that are cast in the United Nations.

Ask Israel.
View Quote

You dodged the main issue again. And of course people die as a result of policy. But voting WITH the US is far different from fighting WITH the US. I think even you know that.

Quoted:
So why do we bother voting if it means nothing?
View Quote

Never said that. Never implied that.  I said "voting WITH the US is far different from fighting WITH the US."

Quoted:
Well then, what's the CIA's budget, ooops, we don't know that number do we.
View Quote

Nope, we sure don't. But I would object to every penny NOT spent in the interest of the United States. For instance, I object to all the support we gave to Iraq during the Iran/Iraq War. And to ALL of the assistance given to Afghanistan during their war with the Soviet Union. Seems every time we help people they hose us.

Quoted:
Should we figure that something's being done on our behalf by the CIA even if we don't lnow what it might be?[/qoute]

yes, we should assume money is being spent, as it was in the past in Iraq and Afghanistan. And continues to be spent in Israel.

Quoted:
That's why we elect the right people to the Presidency. If George W. Bush cannot deliver to us complete satisfaction that he is working the governement the way it should be worked, and producing policies to insure US hegemony on this globe, then he will be replaced just like his father before him!
View Quote

Just want to check. Is it your assertion that we actually have/or can have true representative government anymore?

Quoted:
If I can blame the Israeli government for its failure in the Jonathan Pollard affair, we should likewise be able to blame Bush should our country falter!
View Quote

Well shit my pants, Israel actually did "something" wrong. I'm proud of you Eric, you're making progress. You formed a independent thought. Baby steps.

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OK Kiddies, Its time to kiss and make up.

lol
View Quote

I don't kiss bearded men.

ARlady ,is engaged.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top