Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The picture on the cover of "Unintended Cosequences" accompanied by an expose on what happens to justice and freedoms without the ability to fight for them would be lower key.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The schools have enacted "Zero Tolerance" to anything that shows or depicts a firearm. Yeah, they went way overboard and I doubt if its' the Teachers fault...School Policy & all that.

Hey, Trucker dude, why do you have your kids in a Public Brainwashing School anyway?

Your kid deserves better, send him to a private school. Oh yeah, you'll have to give up on the Beer, Smokes and Lottery Tickets, but if you do you can afford Private Schooling or Christian Academy.

Think you're up to it?
View Quote

You know he was in a private school for 8 years...I fight him tooth and nail about a private high school and we decided the local high school. He likes it and is getting good grades...My younger son is still in private school and real big in ice hockey...So i'm luckey there because the best high school for hockey is also private...Thats where he is going...Trucker
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
UPDATE:
I talked to the teacher today. He is a really nice guy and a gun owner and hunter. He supports the 2nd Amendment. He told me that the zero tolerence in schools today forces him to have kids be careful on what they say and do in class to keep them from some do-gooder forcing stupid policy...He told me that my son has a very high grade in the class and was looking forward to seeing his poster. He said he was looking for a poster with more of a history of the 2nd amendment than just a bunch of gun photos...He also told me that some guns could be included and if anyone at the school had a problem with it, he would fight it tooth and nail. So things are looking up...We ended up the conversation talking about hunting and where he is going deer hunting this year.....Thanks a million to all of you for the fast input on this subject. Also, when the poster is complete, I was post it on here..Thanks again...Trucker
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
That's great to hear!!

So the teach sounds pretty cool.

I talked to my girlfriend about this last night, and she kept brigging up the No-Guns as a zero tolerance policy most high schools have in place.

Yet another situation of, instead of properly educating people, we'll just hide it from their eyes, the future will be brigther this way. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My Son just got home from school and told me that he has a school project in his civic's class. You have to pick an Amendmend and make a poster about it. Being he is also a shooter and hunter he chose the 2nd Amendment...When he told his teacher this, the response was "You CAN"T put pictures of guns on your poster". What your thoughts on this?
View Quote

Sounds like the school is infringing on his First Amendment rights....
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
A rational conservative public school teacher, I don't believe it. [:)] Good job going in to talk to the guy, if we had more parents like you we wouldn't be in the mess that we are today.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No pics of guns would be fine, just fine.

Thse pics are probably highly innapropiate for grade school age children but would certainly make an impact.

[url]http://www.barefootsworld.net/images/1st_mmm_march.gif[/url]
View Quote

Maynard beat me to it. This is the first thing that popped into my mind, mainly because it has no guns (violating his 1st Amend. rights, I see), yet gets the point across SO well!

Just the shock will make it worth it! Then tell your kid to press his point: "Well, Ms. Teacher, isn't it TRUE? HOW MANY ARMED PEOPLE WERE SHIPPED TO TREBLINKA? NOW do you see why the 2nd Amendment is so important? Yeah, they said that a civilized nation like Germany couldn't sink that low, either..."

Good luck, and let us know!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top