Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#1]
the thing is it will be tolerated just like the last time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#2]
At least the OP is being productive. The rest of us are just bitching. Good job OP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
At least the OP is being counter-productive. The rest of us are just bitching. Good job OP.

Fixed it.

The only thing this is doing is scaring soccer moms and confirming stereotypes.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Good job, there is no threat in that message. If you think that message will be seen as a threat its time for an open violent revolution, that is message about civil rights.  

You would be better off making fliers with actionable information to give to people. Like contact information for senators and congress.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least the OP is being counter-productive. The rest of us are just bitching. Good job OP.

Fixed it.

The only thing this is doing is scaring soccer moms and confirming stereotypes.

I disagree.

NINC!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Stricktest.  

Lol.....yep, that will spread the word......that were all illiterate idiots.....

What are you talking about?  It's spelled correctly.

Lmao......I must be getting dyslexic in my old age.....  

I'm also guilty of that.
And forgetting to hit spell check.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#7]
That is too funny...

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stricktest.  

Lol.....yep, that will spread the word......that we're all illiterate idiots.....

Fixed it for ya.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll side with the crowd that thinks it's stupid, and will push people the wrong direction.

First of all, don't put SHIT under my windshield wiper. It's guaranteed to piss me off.
Second, it looks like a nutjob designed it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This would be a more effective flyer.

"Who needs an 'assault rifle?"

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e314/bhart8911/57d0b932799dcfcfa1807713b35cdf58.jpg

That's powerful, mind if I use it in an email blast?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:24:50 AM EDT
[#10]
You can't spell. Oh, I mean "somebody" can't spell.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You really thing a thinly veiled reference to violence will bring people around?

I can find some for you that tell the world you will tolerate it, if that's how you feel.  Not to mention, the flyer says bans=violence so if you won't tolerate a ban then you won't tolerate violence.  It is a happy, anti-violent message.

No, it's a desperate outburst that makes non-gun people think you're a fucking kook and hoping to use your guns.

There's a way to fight, and there's a way to make yourself look stupid.

Guess which this is.

Put that energy to getting new people into the shooting sports, effecting political change, or writing lucid and reasonable letters.

This does nothing.

Once again the voice of reason. THIS.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#12]
When I see stuff on my windshield I just crumple it up and throw it on the ground without even reading it.  I don't like people touching my car.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Words of advice from a man who spent several years doing this sort of thing:

If you feel strongly enough to put stuff like this on windshields, pony-up your own damn money for a batch at the print shop.  Aside from the ethics of spending someone else's money, Murphy's Law guaran-fucking-tees you will leave your master copy in the machine at work and get  all sorts of jammed up with your boss.

As one who has distributed many 100K's of fliers, I suggest you  make them into 1/4-page 2-sided -- MUCH better for windshields, and 4 times more fliers for your $$. Your local copy shop will be happy to help you with the layout and they will quarter-cut the pages and box them up for you for a very reasonable price.  

If you really want to be a little stinker, ask the print shop about sticker paper.  :-)

Explore the use of colored paper.  Doesn't add much to the print price.

8.5x11 is more suitable for posting on bulletin boards, light poles.

Carry a few thousand in a deep shoulder bag, work with a friend.

Try not to embarrass the movement you're attempting to promote.

ETA:

You should have a good understanding of what constitutes trespassing!  You probably do not have that understanding now.

You should also think carefully about who you're trying to reach with what message before you flier a particular location.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You really thing a thinly veiled reference to violence will bring people around?

I can find some for you that tell the world you will tolerate it, if that's how you feel.  Not to mention, the flyer says bans=violence so if you won't tolerate a ban then you won't tolerate violence.  It is a happy, anti-violent message.

No, it's a desperate outburst that makes non-gun people think you're a fucking kook and hoping to use your guns.

Guess which this is.

Put that energy to getting new people into the shooting sports, effecting political change, or writing lucid and reasonable letters.

This does nothing.

Why do you hate freedom?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess which this is.

This does nothing.

Well, that saved me a lot of typing.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#16]
CoC 7
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top