Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]

If your DR whatever, and act like an idiot Im going to go out of my way to cause problems,

ooooh I love assholes. Especially the one who get mad when you dont addreess them as "Doctor" If they piss me off enough it turns into. "Yeah we are going to have to wipe the drive clean, did you do any backups? (they NEVER do) oh sorry to hear but there is no time to do that now, yes I understand, yes I  know, well maybe nest time things are acting weird BACK UP your files." I then procees to walk them through wiping the drive.

May highlight of any given day are Supervisor calls. I love it when someone passes of a screaming cursing whacko. Makes my day.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Its the calls that start with this. "Yeah I am an IT guy for my ....blah blah blah." Or I am a  programmer and I ... blah blah blah" Anyone who calls tech support and claims to be an IT professional is a friggin A-hole. They think they know what the hell they are doing but dont know crap. They may have read an article in some magazine somewhere once and are tryingt o apply a concept that has no bearing to the call. IE Comcast Customer. Yeah what are the speeds? --Up to 3mb, no no dammit, what are the MIPS?"  Just hang up on the dumbass. He was reading about processor performance and Mips used as a rating for performance. He thinks it applies to Internet speeds somehow. But dont tell thim that, he is "an IT professional"

Yes, we call them "shit-house scholars"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For the love of [insert deity], please tell me
how I can avoid first level support. I get sick
of having people tell me to "move the mouse
to the Start menu"...JUST TELL ME WHAT
YOU WANT ME TO LOOK AT.

<snip>

Same here I had to call  my computer tech support about a piece of computer component (I aint going to say what it is cause i know how your dirty minds works).I got to the point iI told them what all I had done to fix the problem before calling them i.e. unistall the drivers,uninstall the component,do a roll back and the piece still don't work the guy came out and said do you want a job with us.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For the love of [insert deity], please tell me
how I can avoid first level support. I get sick
of having people tell me to "move the mouse
to the Start menu"...JUST TELL ME WHAT
YOU WANT ME TO LOOK AT.

It takes 20 minutes for them to find out that,
yes, my computer is on and, yes, my IP address
is fine. Then they ship me off to 2nd level support
where I usually get disconnected during the
transfer.

I had to make four calls to Aldephia to find out
why my cable connection dropped every night
at 9pm and again at 10pm. After telling me
everything from a bad cable modem to rain water
in the junction box , they finally sent out
a tech. Dude was wicked cool - turns out they were
fucking around with the router that my condo assoc
was on. The tech was pissed because "they never
tell us anything because NetOps are all arrogant
assholes"

Argh!

hint....

next time you get a GOOD tech ask if he has a direct line you can reach him on. most guys do. whether he will give it to you or not depends on whether you are deemed a dumbass or not during the support session

I had to do this with charter... Trace back and test showed there router was fubared. Next time there DHCP server was crapped out.
Both times there answer was. Im not seeing any problem there hold on...... Oh wait there it is.. Thanks we will get the techs right on it.

I HATE being a Net Admin and having to call the ISP..
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I work in an office for a financial advisor.  I spend half of my life on hold.

Tech support guys are some of the rudest motherfuckers I've ever had to deal with.

And that's all I have to say about that.

MOST of them really try to help. It's frustrating because the end user typically take ZERO initiative to learn from the problem and within a week is making the same phone call over and over again.

You also need to realise people that are wired to fix problems typicallly are not wired for customer support. Our job is to fix you fast and get to the next problem. Sometimes that involves being a little blunt with a user. I have actually known help desks that are rated strictly on the number of calls they take. not the problems they fix. As a result they will drop you fast expecting a call back.

mike

I understand that their days are probably long and frustrating, but so are mine.  I try to be as polite as I can and as accomodating as I can; I'm not a moron when it comes to computers, but a lot of the guys I get are fresh out of tech school are know barely more than I do, with a complete lack of respect or patience.  Course, this probably has to do with the fact our office has only Dell computers.

They spend their entire day on the phone; so do I.  Boo-frickety-hoo.

The next time I get a tech support guy who doesn't treat me like some idiot kid, I'll ask for their supervisor so I can tell them what a great job they did.  I have yet to have this happen.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
i think i might have you guys beat.

i was the "computer guy" in a rent to own company.

now, i think we can all agree that the general population is pretty dumb.  i was dealing with that small percentage of the population willing to spend over 5x (19% depreciation) what a product was worth.

80% of my customers refered to the tower as the "modem"

me:  uh, we're gonna have to swap your "modem" out.
them:  why?
me:  because the accumulation of dead raoches have caused your video card to melt.

as my bonus was based on the # of items out on rent, it was in my best interest to keep these primates happy.

when these morons got sick of paying $45 a week for a used celeron, i'd have to make it ready for some new worthless bastard.  sometimes, without a restore disk.

and you should hear the hindu to hillbilly interpretations of aol problems.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#8]
what's really fun is when they call you up at Sun and start with "I don't know Unix at all but I'm pretty good with PCs"

Well that's gonna help tons with your E10k there sparky!

Thank God I usually only deal with System Admins that mostly know what they are talking about.  Ever try walking someone through modifying a vfstab using VI when they have never used VI?

Big fun.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thank God I usually only deal with System Admins that mostly know what they are talking about.  Ever try walking someone through modifying a vfstab using VI when they have never used VI?

Big fun.

I would rather shoot my self in the leg!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#10]

I work in an office for a financial advisor. I spend half of my life on hold.

Tech support guys are some of the rudest motherfuckers I've ever had to deal with.

granted there are techs that are supremely condecending, but  to our defence we give everyone an equal chance at first impressions.  And based off of the first impression is how you will get treated by our refrencing you to previous callers of same calibur.

if your not in the business its hard to imagine what its like.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I work in an office for a financial advisor. I spend half of my life on hold.

granted there are techs that are supremely condecending, but  to our defence we give everyone an equal chance at first impressions.  And based off of the first impression is how you will get treated by our refrencing you to previous callers of same calibur.

if your not in the business its hard to imagine what its like.

Read my second post regarding this matter.  I'm merely going off the ones I've encountered.

I'm sure there are tech support guys who are willing to help me out and would do so in a less condescending manner.  I just haven't had the luck of getting them on the phone yet.

My apologies to any tech support fella that I've offended here.  I wasn't trying to say that all of you are like that.  But I think you can tell that I'm a little fed up with the ones who "deal with" me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top