Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for those of you that missed it.  That'll teach ya!! :)

Marty - it was great to meet you.  I hope to see you and Brian at the next one.  

Redmanfns - the picture is a bit deceiving.  We were standing 4-yds from the target if I remember correctly.  Standing close to the target is valuable, though.  Most confrontations occur very close.  We practiced drawing from a holster, giving verbal warning and then firing multiple rounds on target at close range.  We also practiced firing under stress (be shaking hands violently) and different techniques (like weak-hand-only) at close range.  I would think the same thing if I just saw the photo.  I thought the training was pretty good, though.  We tested at up to 15-yards under timed conditions.  I was told the test is the same as Peace Officers are tested under, which was interesting to me.  Good observation, though!!

Black Fox
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Hallmark,

Thanks for posting that!  I'm planning on being there with Brian.  It will be a nice warm-up to Knob Creek.

VirginiaM4
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The Virginia subgun shoot looks cool.  Thanks for the link, Steve.  Carpool anyone??  7 - we may need your trailer :).

Black Fox
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Trailer will be full of 50bmg rounds. [:D]  150 is 50 more than I can currently shoot.  Looks like that is my new 'local' Class 3 and 50bmg range.  Maybe I'll zip on down there this weekend and check it out early.

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top