Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I understand that you are posting these articles in the hopes of raising awareness, Jim_Tash, but please explain to me how you are directly affected by this situation.  Do you have children you are paying child support for?  

With regards to the other article about women waiting into their 30s and missing their window of opportunity, are you one of those men dating women in their 20s when you are in your 30s?  For that matter, why did YOU wait until your mid-late 30s to marry and procreate?  

Does focusing on the negatives of the male/female relationships HELP you in any way?  Might it be coloring your view of women and relationships thus making it harder to find a mate and essentially reinforcing your dim view of females and marriage and children?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm just amazed that someone employed part time was ordered to pay almost $800 a month in addition to $10,000 in back child support.

I work full time making decent money and I couldn't afford that.

No kidding. Those demands are outrageous. Besides, it damn sure doesn't take me $800 per month to take care of TWINS (although daycare isn't a factor here).

If he's responsible for 50% of ONE child, even with daycare, this is a ridiculous figure.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Both parents should have exactly the same rights and responsibilities.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
9K per year seems pretty steep.

It's 17% of gross income for 1 child in WI.

OTOH, he made a choice to have sex with the child's mother. There are some predictable outcomes of having sex.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I truly think that if the state can somehow understand what is a minimum wage, or what is considered a liveable unemployment figure for a family, HOW THE FUCK can they not have a set standard for raising a child in a healthy manner. Seriously it blows my mind that a rich rock star should be force to pay more than a drunken high school kid who forgot to wrap it up. Once the child is born, and healthy, there is no difference in cost to raise that child from a basic needs standpoint. Sure we'd all love to give our children every opportunity to excel in life, but the truth is that even with money some people cannot raise a child worth bent nickel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Dear Beth.

Your son is a typical dumbass 18 year old.

I know, I was one too...but I had the good sense to cover it up.  I didn't need someone to tell me that.  I knew I wasn't getting married to the girl.  I knew I didn't want to be a dad.  

Congratulation Beth, you failed as a parent.

Hax
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is a procedure, a procedure I am all too well aware of, that will fix that problem.

I've never heard of a doctor that will do that for an 18 year old.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Are condoms really that hard to fucking find?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I truly think that if the state can somehow understand what is a minimum wage, or what is considered a liveable unemployment figure for a family, HOW THE FUCK can they not have a set standard for raising a child in a healthy manner. Seriously it blows my mind that a rich rock star should be force to pay more than a drunken high school kid who forgot to wrap it up. Once the child is born, and healthy, there is no difference in cost to raise that child from a basic needs standpoint. Sure we'd all love to give our children every opportunity to excel in life, but the truth is that even with money some people cannot raise a child worth bent nickel.

The child should be supported in direct proportion to how the paren't support themselves.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
mhoffman––––––––––WHAT can I add?   Nothing!  You stated it clearly.  You hit the proverbial nail on the head.  Thank you!

Im starting to think he is a fuckin genius
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I understand that you are posting these articles in the hopes of raising awareness, Jim_Tash, but please explain to me how you are directly affected by this situation.  Do you have children you are paying child support for?  

With regards to the other article about women waiting into their 30s and missing their window of opportunity, are you one of those men dating women in their 20s when you are in your 30s?  For that matter, why did YOU wait until your mid-late 30s to marry and procreate?  

Does focusing on the negatives of the male/female relationships HELP you in any way?  Might it be coloring your view of women and relationships thus making it harder to find a mate and essentially reinforcing your dim view of females and marriage and children?

Like Jesus Christ took upon himself the sins of mankind, Jim takes to himself the suffering of every man who has ever been treated poorly by a woman.  He is the world's preeminent victim of the evil that is womankind.

Jane

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Put me in the "Seems like a bit much for support money at this point, but he did the impregnating so it's on him" camp.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is a really tricky subject.  And I KNOW I'll get blasted, but here goes...

First, YES, he had the choice to not fuck her, or to wear a condom.  He made bad choices.  Better choices would have completely avoided the situation.  (Of course, she had the same options, not only with him, but the other guys who were tested.)  But the deed has been done...

This woman DOES raise an interesting argument about rights.  (I am anti-abortion, but that is irrelevant here.  My beliefs are not law, and abortion is legal.)  As a woman, if I find myself pregnant, I can choose to have the baby and keep it, have the baby and give it up for adoption, have the baby and drop it off in a safe place (ABANDON it), or have an abortion.  The sperm donor has ONE option: wait to see what I decide to do, and then if I decide to keep it, he finds out how much he has to pay me every month for the next 18 years (or maybe even longer, if I get a good lawyer and my offspring chooses to become a professional student...)

It's fucked either way.  The WOMAN decides whether she wants to be a parent or not, and makes her choice.  The MAN has no say.  Even if he WANTS the baby, she can abort it because it is her body.  And if he doesn't, he's still held financially responsible.  It doesn't matter if it was a one night stand, or a long term relationship.  It doesn't matter if the woman intentionally mislead him about fertility/birth control.  HE IS ON THE HOOK AT HER WHIM, while she has so many options out.  I'm not saying that every man should be off scot free, but I do think there needs to be some accountability on the part of the female, too.  The kid in this article wasn't off "busting it" in every ho he could lay –– he was the lucky winner of several possibles.  That girl is a slut, and now she gets a nice fat check from the baby daddy every month, plus a huge back settlement, plus now that she's a single mom, she's eligible for all kinds of bennies off the gov't teat.  Where's HER incentive to keep her legs closed or use a condom?!?

And then, for the love of God, where do some of these child support amounts come from?!?!?  If the father is financially responsible, he should only be 50% responsible, and some of these ridiculous amounts are obviously "baby momma support" or even just punitive, as well as child support.  Frankly, by forcing people to pay amounts well beyond their means, we also force them to become "dead beat dads".  There are a lot of cases where they are perpetually behind, not because they DON'T pay, but because they CAN'T.  Then it comes out of their wages, and they can no longer pay their rent, they lose their vehicles, etc., costing them the ability to work, and therefore fall even FARTHER behind.  Where the hell is this obviously immature kid going to find $10 K in back support?   Plus keep up with $700+ a month in current support?  I guess the court system will love seeing him again when he gets busted for turning to drug dealing or other criminal activity to pay his debt...  Desperate people do desperate things...

If I had my way, I'd be home during the day taking care of the house and in the kitchen cooking supper in heels and a dress every night.  (I DO, to the extent our schedules permit.)   I never was a Women's Libber.  I miss the hell out of Leave It to Beaver, and think our country has had a downward spiral since we've earned our equal rights.  (But again, that's just me.)  But with sex as with race, equal should mean EQUAL.  A person is not "more equal" just because he is not white, and a woman, just because she happens to house the baby factory, should not be "more equal"  than a man, but that's the way it is.  "I want to be  EQUAL... until it suits me better the other way..."

It's bullshit, and it needs to be addressed: both the pregnant woman holding the man's future hostage, as well as the courts making insane decisions like this.  (Hell, I'd rather be ass-raped by a pack of mules than be a man going to paternity/child support/divorce court.  I don't know how y'all do it!  I know it doesn't ALWAYS happen - my case was just the opposite, I got screwed in spite of being abused, but I know that's far from the norm.)  

In an attempt to be fair, we have tipped the scales WAY too far on one side.  But then, we seem to be getting good at that...

Very well said.

Ultimately, it's the girl who iss responsible for what happens to her body, if she had kept her knees together, she wouldn't be in this mess, she's half responsible. if she was forced, she was raped. very simple...fullclip

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#14]
There are many things wrong with the family court system. But this case is not one of them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
She does raise a good point. If the mother can abort the child, why can the father not abort his parental responsibility?

Because you owe a debt and an obligation to society to care for the helpless child that you have created.  You make a mess, you clean it up.  You make a messy baby, you clean its ass for 18 years.  

There are rights, and there are duties.  When you have created a kid, your life no longer revolves around you.  Walking away is abandonment.  

Except that there are people that will happily adopt that kid.  The problem is that the father cannot put the kid up for adoption, only the mother can.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If females can make unilateral decisions to abort, then males should be able to make the same choice to walk away from the consequences of their sexual activity.

ETA: beaten by 2 minutes

No, to be equal, a guy should have the right to terminate the pregnancy, not just walk away from it.  Imagine how well that would fly.

ETA: I do not believe that this is a solution, but the logic used in most proabortion arguments leads this to be a conclusion.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like Jesus Christ took upon himself the sins of mankind, Jim takes to himself the suffering of every man who has ever been treated poorly by a woman.  He is the world's preeminent victim of the evil that is womankind.

Jane

That's one possibility.  I'd genuinely like to hear his answers.  Obviously he's getting something out of it even it it's simply how he relates to people.  There's a psychological game called "Isn't it awful...?" that many people play and the goal is to gain empathy and have another person reinforce that they are a victim and powerless in their situation.  It takes the responsibility off of themselves to have to take action and do something different.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#18]
one affect of outrageous child support costs than nobody thinks about is the hatred it would build in the father for the woman who he is paying to support.  I would bet this creates more fatherrless children than you can shake a stick at.  How do you not resent being fiscaly raped for  nearly a thousand dollars a month for something that only costs a few hundred a month maximum for your share?

Child support is necessar but about 350 is the absolute maximum any man should be charged per child and that's if you take a kid to a nice daycare  if the kid is watched by family and there is no daycare costs child support should be about a 100-150 a month  proof of daycare should be required to get the 350.  (based on arizona cost of living, might be more or less in your state)
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#19]
A man should be allowed to make a one time payment equal to half the price of an abortion and then walk away.   If she has "choices" he does too.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If a slut can spread her legs and choose to kill, or let be adopted a child, and do whatever she wants regardless of what the man wants, a man should have every right to opt out of being responsible for the child, turnabout is fair play

Its bullshit if you say otherwise

Woman decides to abort = no child support/responsibility on the sperm donor

Woman decides to put up for adoption = no child support/responsibility on the sperm donor

Where it gets sticky (bad pun intended) would be the woman carrying the fetus to term and the sperm donor raising the child - does the mother pay child support to the father?

Brian

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, you should have raised hm better and told him to wait

Or at least what condoms are for.........

Brian
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If a slut can spread her legs and choose to kill, or let be adopted a child, and do whatever she wants regardless of what the man wants, a man should have every right to opt out of being responsible for the child, turnabout is fair play

Its bullshit if you say otherwise

Woman decides to abort = no child support/responsibility on the sperm donor

Woman decides to put up for adoption = no child support/responsibility on the sperm donor

Where it gets sticky (bad pun intended) would be the woman carrying the fetus to term and the sperm donor raising the child - does the mother pay child support to the father?

Brian

i always wondered if the father demanded custody and made more money (hed be a better provider) how often the courts would give him the child for primar custody and make the woman pay some child support.  If i had a kid with a woman id request that but i just have a feeling the judge would tell me to pound sand and id be paying mother support.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a procedure, a procedure I am all too well aware of, that will fix that problem.

There is no doctor that will do the female equivalent for a woman under 40 unless she's had a kid or cancer.   My gf has been trying to get it done since she was 18.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#25]
In the old common law, ownership of the child remained with the man.  You owned your kids like property.   The bond between mother and child kept them together, and the law would give ownership to the man, which would keep the family together.  It worked just fine for a long long time.  if the woman wanted to leave, she could pack up and go, but she had to leave the kid.  

If I was in that kids position, the judge would tell me my new monetary obligations, and I would refuse to sign anything, saying that the kids werent mine, I signed them over to the state of ________ when I signed the birth certificate, furthermore, I have looked over the contract she wanted me to sign, and I have come to the conclusion that it is not in my best interests and she can not compel me to contract with the state of __________.

of course, I would have to barter or trade for property instead of earn income from that point forward, but it would be better than the huge tax imposed, and I would come out ahead.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#26]
#1 Why should he PAY retroactive if the whore didnt even know who the father was?
#2 Why is it not a percentage of his income? A set rate of $759 a month is pretty steep thats for sure! Wtf could the kid make working part time? Thats nuts!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If females can make unilateral decisions to abort, then males should be able to make the same choice to walk away from the consequences of their sexual activity.

ETA: beaten by 2 minutes

No, to be equal, a guy should have the right to terminate the pregnancy, not just walk away from it.  Imagine how well that would fly.

ETA: I do not believe that this is a solution, but the logic used in most proabortion arguments leads this to be a conclusion.  

OR to veto an abortion if the woman wants one.  try stopping some slut from getting an abortion of a kid you fathered, not only could you not do it, you wouldnt even be informed.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
what i have never understood ids the PRICE of child support.

It is both parents fault and unless the father wants custody he should have to pay for his child.  The problem is the price.  I make decent money but i buy my kids clothing at goodwill,  we feed her good food and pay for her daycare.

daycare is 500 a month  feeding her is probably 100 a month.  clothing her is probably 20 dollars a month.  doctor checkups are about 200 a year so well just add another 20 a month for that.  diapers at first are aroun 50 a month.

so withe daycare we are at around 700 a month.  therefore the father should not be paying more than 350 dollars a month for the child.  Thhe inequality comes from the fact that men aren't paying child suport. they are paying WAY more than it costs for their half of raising a child.  They are paing baby moma support.

Exactly.

It should 50% of the bottom amount. Nothing more.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
She does raise a good point. If the mother can abort the child, why can the father not abort his parental responsibility?

Because you owe a debt and an obligation to society to care for the helpless child that you have created.  You make a mess, you clean it up.  You make a messy baby, you clean its ass for 18 years.  

There are rights, and there are duties.  When you have created a kid, your life no longer revolves around you.  Walking away is abandonment.  

Interesting that it is ok for the mother to abandon it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
#1 Why should he PAY retroactive if the whore didnt even know who the father was? Because paternity has been established in fact. Afterward, yes it's apparently true. But it's still his.
#2 Why is it not a percentage of his income? A set rate of $759 a month is pretty steep thats for sure! Wtf could the kid make working part time? Thats nuts! I don't know, and yes I think it's a bit fucked up.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I did not read where the young man had legal counsel.

If he did not...why not?

Hax
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#32]
He shoulda put a helmet on that soldier...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is both parents fault and unless the father wants custody he should have to pay for his child.  The problem is the price.  I make decent money but i buy my kids clothing at goodwill,  we feed her good food and pay for her daycare.

daycare is 500 a month  feeding her is probably 100 a month.  clothing her is probably 20 dollars a month.  doctor checkups are about 200 a year so well just add another 20 a month for that.  diapers at first are aroun 50 a month.

so withe daycare we are at around 700 a month.  therefore the father should not be paying more than 350 dollars a month for the child.  Thhe inequality comes from the fact that men aren't paying child suport. they are paying WAY more than it costs for their half of raising a child.  They are paing baby moma support.

Exactly.

I have been told by people on this forum that's it's more than the cost because it includes trips to the zoo, dancing lessons, and karate.   These are apparently rights for children to have.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

In an attempt to be fair, we have tipped the scales WAY too far on one side.  But then, we seem to be getting good at that...

i think it's kind of been that way throughout history, and across almost all cultures.  it's often very difficult to find the mean, so societies often end up swinging from one extreme to another (and then back again) over time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I bet that Mommy wont have to tell him to wrap it up next time....he just learned an expensive lesson

If people would just get married first and have sex with only their spouse this would not happen.  If people would get married and stay married the world would be a better place.
Don't go around poking any pussy you can at 16 years of age and you will not have to learn these lessons.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if they freeze a quart or two first?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Parents have a responsibility to teach their sons, and daughters, about accountability and responsibility long before a child reaches the age of dating relationships.  Same thing goes for teaching about consequences of sex.

The parental responsibility to teach one's son about these consequences is even greater considering the way the deck is stacked against men in the courtroom.

In another thread I remarked that "sexual freedom" has always existed.  For girls it was called, "keep your legs together unless you're willing to accept the consequences of sex."  For boys it was called, "keep it in your pants unless you're willing to accept the consequences of sex...which may include getting a close view of the business end of her father's shotgun."

So, assuming the example in the original post is true, while I find the ruling a bit overreaching the young man should have been prepared to accept responsibility for engaging in sex anyway.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is a really tricky subject.  And I KNOW I'll get blasted, but here goes...<SNIP>

You raise some very good points.  Most people would get hung up on the hideous idea of a court forcing a woman to undergo an abortion.  And if you didn't do that, then you're back at square one with society paying to raise the child if the sperm donor is not help culpable.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet that Mommy wont have to tell him to wrap it up next time....he just learned an expensive lesson

If people would just get married first and have sex with only their spouse this would not happen.  If people would get married and stay married the world would be a better place.
Don't go around poking any pussy you can at 16 years of age and you will not have to learn these lessons.

QFT.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

I have been told by people on this forum that's it's more than the cost because it includes trips to the zoo, dancing lessons, and karate.   These are apparently rights for children to have.

I am aware some have that opinion but its complete bullshit.

Those are optional, not needed, so it wouldn't be fair to force an unwilling participant to pay for it.

Its also interesting that they will charge so much to someone with so little , like in this case, but when a guy have a high amount they will base it off his income.

I've seen what these games have done to my uncle, and friends of mine.

Its disgusting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Get a lawyer who specializes in cases like this, and get a new hearing.  How the hell do you go to court in a case like this without one?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

To add, I think people confuse equal with fair.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a really tricky subject.  And I KNOW I'll get blasted, but here goes...<SNIP>

You raise some very good points.  Most people would get hung up on the hideous idea of a court forcing a woman to undergo an abortion.  And if you didn't do that, then you're back at square one with society paying to raise the child if the sperm donor is not help culpable.

It's a problem with no apparent satisfactory solution.  The only thing I know is the kid's gotta eat.  I'll leave the decisions on how best to accomplish this to others more qualified than I.

Jane

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Get a lawyer who specializes in cases like this, and get a new hearing.  How the hell do you go to court in a case like this without one?

No shit exactly my thoughts. We had a guy that worked for my co his was getting raked over the coals by his bitch of a x gf who happen to get preggers. Apparently she was already getting way too much but wanted more court hearings lawyers etc all $$$$$. I'de talk with the guy on the phone and he was like i just cant take this anymore i cant handle it. All this from a guy who had been a recovering addict. Long story short he committed suicide someone found him in his house after he had been mia a couple days.

The system is fubar.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

The reason why the boy got screwed over, and the mother got seemingly great treatment is because they didn't factor into the decision. The court will always decided in favor of what is in the best interest of the child. Sometimes that means the parents (really, the father) gets screwed over. The reasoning is that it is preferential for the father to be screwed financially then the child mother.

Fixt.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In the old common law, ownership of the child remained with the man.  You owned your kids like property.   The bond between mother and child kept them together, and the law would give ownership to the man, which would keep the family together.  It worked just fine for a long long time.  if the woman wanted to leave, she could pack up and go, but she had to leave the kid.  

If I was in that kids position, the judge would tell me my new monetary obligations, and I would refuse to sign anything, saying that the kids werent mine, I signed them over to the state of ________ when I signed the birth certificate, furthermore, I have looked over the contract she wanted me to sign, and I have come to the conclusion that it is not in my best interests and she can not compel me to contract with the state of __________.

of course, I would have to barter or trade for property instead of earn income from that point forward, but it would be better than the huge tax imposed, and I would come out ahead.

well and the whole jail time thing would cause issues with bartering and trading.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
She does raise a good point.  If the mother can abort the child, why can the father not abort his parental responsibility?

While abortion is (was) a legal choice for this mother, she made the correct decision not to murder her baby.  Now Mr. "Pardon me while I whip this out" needs to take the high road and help pay for it.  

The amount seems high, but we don't know the other circumstances of this case.  Legal representation should definitely been an option for the young man, and seems lacking from the article as presented.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She does raise a good point.  If the mother can abort the child, why can the father not abort his parental responsibility?

While abortion is (was) a legal choice for this mother, she made the correct decision not to murder her baby.  Now Mr. "Pardon me while I whip this out" needs to take the high road and help pay for it.  

The amount seems high, but we don't know the other circumstances of this case.  Legal representation should definitely been an option for the young man, and seems lacking from the article as presented.

The mother could put the kid up for adoption and if the courts were not artificially subsidizing the raising of the kid, she probably would.  So all that has happened because of this decision is some kid will forever be poor and some childless family will continue to have a hole in their hearts.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The mother could put the kid up for adoption and if the courts were not artificially subsidizing the raising of the kid, she probably would. So all that has happened because of this decision is some kid will forever be poor and some childless family will continue to have a hole in their hearts.

You intuit this, how?

Please note, the sperm donor is being held responsible for 10G's in back pay: Something tells me the baby isn't three days old...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I have always been of the opinion that If a man is ordered to pay child support, he should be required to live with the child and momma, and maybe even be legally married and the woman shouldnt have a choice.  If she gets the guys money, she gets the guy too.  If a guy and a girl have a baby, thrn bam, they are a family, and divorce should be illegal for, say the first 10 years.  Now THAT would be child "support".  It would certainly make the girl think twice...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top