Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the best one I can remember happened to me when I was in the 8th grade. We had moved to IL from ID, and I worked for an old German farmer after school and on weekends.

One Saturday he told me to clean out this old, big shed and throw all the "cans" in the wagon to haul out back where they had a dump on their place. There were LOTS of old rusty cans in there and it took me most of the morning to get them all carried out and tossed into the wagon. He showed up while I was carrying out the last load and asked me just "Vat te hell are you doing?" I said I was tossing out all the old cans like he told me. He turned red, then purple, then runs into the shed and comes out with two old mason jars which he threw into the side of the wagon, breaking them. He then yelled with a combination of frustration, temper, and I don't know what all else, "I SAID CANS - GLASS CANS." And stomped off toward the house yelling something about stupid kids.

NMSight
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
 Thats hilarious and it reminds me of the German guy in Malcom in the Middle
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
This reminds me of the simpsons:

let me paraphrase

"I went to shelbyville and get this...Instead of Krustyburger they had mcdonalds"

"Instead of a krustyburger they have a quarter pounder with cheese"

Yeah my memory blows
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This reminds me of the simpsons:

let me paraphrase

"I went to shelbyville and get this...Instead of Krustyburger they had mcdonalds"

"Instead of a krustyburger they have a quarter pounder with cheese"

Yeah my memory blows

Lou:"So they opened up a mcdonalds in shelbyville last friday"
Wiggum:"Mcwhat?"
Lou:"Yeah Mcdonalds i never heard of it before either but i heard they have over 3000 location in this state alone"
Eddie:"Musta sprung up over night"
Lou:"But see, its the little differences"
Wiggum:"Example"
Lou:"Well at krustyburger you can get a krustyburger with cheese right,but they dont call it a krustyburger with cheese"
Wiggum:"Get out, What do they call it?"
Lou:"A quarter-punder with cheese"
Wiggum:"Well do they have uhh, krusties-partially gelatinated non-dairy gum-based bevereages?"
Lou:"Mmmhmmm they call em shakes..."
Eddie:"Shakes pfff... dont know what your gettin"
Wiggum:"Well i know what im gettin...SOME DONUGHTS!"
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:59:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Chip Chop = thinly sliced boiled ham in NE Ohio

MMMMM reminds me of home.  I loved Chip Chop when I was little.  I also couldn't get enough of Seltzer's Lebanon Balogna.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What happened to just asking for what you want?

If I want a Coke I ask for a Coke.  If I want 7UP I ask for 7UP.  I don't just say I'll have a soda and expect the person serving me it to know what I want, nor should they have to ask what kind of soda you want.

Here I hear them all.  Soda or (So-Dee), Cola, Pop, Coke, Soda-Pop.

I have a couple friends, one from Texas and the other from Georgia.  They say some funny shit.  Like the word fix'n.   I am fix'n to be 29, instead of I will be 29.  "Yall", I hate that one.  It is "you all".  They call all drinks Coke also.  They crack me up sometimes with some of the words they use.

Hey what's the plural of y'all?
All Y'all
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:17:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I want a Coke I ask for a Coke.  If I want 7UP I ask for 7UP.  I don't just say I'll have a soda and expect the person serving me it to know what I want, nor should they have to ask what kind of soda you want.

I have a couple friends, one from Texas and the other from Georgia.  They say some funny shit.  Like the word fix'n.   I am fix'n to be 29, instead of I will be 29.  "Yall", I hate that one.  It is "you all".  They call all drinks Coke also.  They crack me up sometimes with some of the words they use.

All Y'all

I believe its Y'alls
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
In my family it's "yous guys" and gimme couple three
ice cubes in my pop.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All Y'all

I believe its Y'alls

Y'alls is possessive. All Y'all is plural. At least that's how it goes in Mississippi.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:05:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

All Y'all

I believe its Y'alls

You believe wrong. Y'alls is possesive. Usage: Y'alls dog's never missed a meal. There's also plural possessive: All y'alls house looks kinda nice.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:56:48 AM EDT
[#12]
When my Ohio dad wants you to help him, he goes, "Come here once"

My Ohio mom doesn't wash her hair, she "warshes them".

And her favorite curse is "Shit the bed!"

Regionalisms atre petty cool, but it does seem like they are becoming less common. I miss them.
Colorado has very few regionalisms.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I grew up in L.A. and called it Soda for years. Then I moved to Michigan and call it Pop.

My mother's husband is from East Texas and calls it a "Col' Drank"

Where I am in Texas we were raised calling a coke a "soda"  But the col drink line is popular to.  I think the coke as generic reference came to play with the younger folk. I am 44.  

First Time I was in Minnesota people would make me repeat everything I said just so they could get an extra laugh.  Walked into a restuarant in northern minnesota and ordered tea as in Ice Tea and they brought me some hot water and a tea bag, blew my mind.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:13:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Gimme a cold drink and a moon pie.I like moon pie.

That would be an RC and a moon pie!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:27:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Do they have a word for dentist in WV?

Sauce vs. Gravy? Which do you put on spaghetti?

Line vs. Queue?

Sofa vs. Couch?

Toilet, shitter, hopper, crapper, john, throne...?

Submarine [sandwich] vs. Sub vs. Grinder vs. Hoagie

ATM vs. ATM Machine [= Automatic Teller Machine Machine]

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Me: warsh rag
Everyone else: wash cloth

Me: crick
Everyone else: creek
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:25:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sauce vs. Gravy? Which do you put on spaghetti?

I've never seen anyone put gravy on spaghetti.  That sounds just sick.

Or are you saying that there is someone somewhere who refers to spaghetti sauce as gravy?!?

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Coke
yall
sweet tea
dinner is eaten at noon, supper is the evening meal
we are fixin to ...
we aint goin to eat at the Picadilly, it's covered up (crowded)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top