Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad I got rid of my M9...I just wonder if the USP .45 would have faired any better?

Oops..hijacking in progress, I guess this might turn out to be a "Heat" thread. Shhhhhhhh...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
90 % of cops go thorugh their entire carear without firing their gun. On that day there was roughly 1500 rounds fired. We were armed with pistols, these guys slinging slinging automatic machinguns. An ak-47 machine gun is a weapon that was desighned for war. High velocity  rouds were invented to peenetrate armor and kill their targets. Used them in a bank job, and you have done something that no one in america has ever done before. Danger all around us, in the streets in your car, maybe even the guy next door.

Nice BS!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
the bgs had their ak's taken away and then returned later?!?  was it a legal varient at the time?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Reply to myself:

Didn't Bonnie of bonnie and Clyde carry a cut down BAR?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I never realized how evil military assault weapons were.  I'm taking mine out to the garage to cut them up before something like this happens to me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
90 % of cops go thorugh their entire carear without firing their gun. On that day there was roughly 1500 rounds fired. We were armed with pistols, these guys slinging slinging semiautomatic machinguns. An ak-47 machine gun is a weapon that was desighned for war. High velocity  rouds were invented to peenetrate armor and kill their targets. Used them in a bank job, and you have done something that no one in america has ever done before. Danger all around us, in the streets in your car, maybe even the guy next door.

Nice BS!
View Quote

Except they never said "semiautomatic", I was a little surprised the went all out with the true "machinegun" every instance so far.

Altho, I'm really surprised how they initially knew it was a machinegun, before the BG's came out firing. Wouldn't the odds be it's a semi? I'd think they'd jump to the semi conclusion first...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
90 % of cops go thorugh their entire carear without firing their gun. On that day there was roughly 1500 rounds fired. We were armed with pistols, these guys slinging slinging semiautomatic machinguns. An ak-47 machine gun is a weapon that was desighned for war. High velocity  rouds were invented to peenetrate armor and kill their targets. Used them in a bank job, and you have done something that no one in america has ever done before. Danger all around us, in the streets in your car, maybe even the guy next door.

Nice BS!
View Quote

Yeah I guess when Bonnie and Clyde were slingin' BAR's that didnt count.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Cops are headed to B&B!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
There it was... "I can't believe they let people buy these"
by the cops at B&B guns
Notice they went for the ARs over the scoped and ready remington 700.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Cop at the gun store....

"I can't belive the let people buy these.......we need some, all of them"
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#11]
BAM! there it is. Right in the gunstore!!

"I can't believe they let people buy these!"
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Geesss they let civilians buy these!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#13]
There it is... The cop says, "I can't believe someone can just walk in and buy this stuff". *sigh*

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
The guy at B&B's shows the cops the AR's..Cop says "I can't believe they let people buy these guns..." No schitt LEO..maybe because they are legal??

This is an official anti-gun b/s movie...Ak47 mentioned probably 20 times and now this.

Sheeple and lemmings, prepare to swallow now..
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Anti gun comment at B&B, "I can't belive they let people buy these!"

Damn!

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't think I'd trust the 700. Who knows where it was sighted in.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#17]
"i cant believe they let people buy these"

two words for you buddy.............FUCK YOU
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There it is... The cop says, "I can't believe someone can just walk in and buy this stuff". *sigh*

Aviator
View Quote

MORE ANTI-GUN Propaganda!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#19]
My favorite line in the whole movie. Gun store guy handing out the rifles. Cop replys "I can't believe they allow people to just buy these things."
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I cant belive this shit.............."you mean they let anyone buy these".....for christ sake its just a bolt gun,and it's not like a rocket launcher...........
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There it was... "I can't believe they let people buy these"
by the cops at B&B guns
Notice they went for the ARs over the scoped and ready remington 700.
View Quote

Yeah there it was...was wondering when it was gonna come out...

BTW the 700PSS would have been my choice...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Are those 1,000 round drum mags? Sheesh...

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#24]
They just made the gunstore owner look like a total ass hole for asking who will pay for the guns. That guy had those guns ready to rock before any cop showed up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#25]
My mom just said; "I can't believe that you can dress up like a cop and the gun store will just give you guns".

Have any of you LEO's tried this.  If it works let me know.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#26]
At least you don't see the usual: Everyone firing from the hip.

That must be why they're only killing a few people, they're actually aiming. If they woulda just taken a hint and used that pistol grip for what it was meant for, firing from the hip, they woulda got away.

And what was this, did his AK just jam when I was typing this?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Come to think of it..[b]THAT WAS HOLLYWOOD BS!![/b] The Cops already knew that had "assault" weapons...you would think the Cops have been there before?? No, but Hollywood made sure to put their bs spin on it.

$1000 says the real LAPD did not say that line!!!  

And another thing...no offense to our LEO's. This was definitely a write into the script..
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They just made the gunstore owner look like a total ass hole for asking who will pay for the guns. That guy had those guns ready to rock before any cop showed up.
View Quote

can you prove this?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Bought a shopping cart for $10 from a bum.  hahaha

Hey in the real thing, were AR's used by the LEO's at all?  Or was it the *ahem* six shooter and aforementioned sniper rifle?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#31]
As I recall, someone called ahead to B&B and told them the officers were on the way. The store owner/salesmen had them ready to go when they arrived.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#32]
If I was that gun store owner and he said that to me I'd say "Ya, your right. from this point on I'll no longer allow ANYONE to have these guns. Have a nice day!" [nana]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Here comes the follow up.  Now the Sh!! will hit the fan.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#36]
i was under the impression that this had happened in 1994..........show said it happened in 1997, which brings me to the observation that..........

........every damn AR they showed was an evil preban complete with flash hider and bayonet lug, that must have been a premier gun shop huh?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#37]
1. I do not remember the bad guys having Ak's with front pistol grips.

2. Why is it that there weren't any neighbors that had rifles, or any other weapons, to pick off the bad guys?  (like from those apartments...)
Kalifornistan - where the people are not armed

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I also liked the "click click click" when his AR misfired/or ran outta ammo... didn't pay attention.

All in all, I'd say it wasn't as bad as I had expected. I think they should have put "loosely based" on a true story, not based on a true story, tho.

Did the real robbers REALLY fire about 10x 200 drums?

And this leaves the viewer with the idea that the cops, after firing 1k+ rounds, couldn't hit a one of them in the head during the whole shootout in front of the bank. In fact, it looked like they only hit the robbers about 10 times total during that portion of the movie. That's some bad shootin.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone notice the very last scene, where the bad guy was trying to get that pickup started and the swat guys pulled up on him?  They showed the bad guy with a converted SP1 and beta mag going full auto as the swat guys pulled up in the car.  However the swat guys were shown with semi-auto AR15's.  In fact they did a close up on the swat guy's finger on the trigger with one pull per shot in slow motion.

May not have been anything, but in my opinion they were trying to show that the bad guys had better guns that were full auto and the swat guys did not.  I remember from the actual shooting full auto fire being returned by swat.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Was this produced by the LAPD? There was way more cop worship than anti-gun crap. Aside from the gunstore scene and the constant AK47/semi-automatic phrase, I thought it was a pretty factual presentation. Notice they didn't mention the 2nd prep bleeding to death.

One last thing, at the end why did the bad guy's AR sound like an AK and the cop's ARs sounded like ARs??
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In fact, it looked like they only hit the robbers about 10 times total during that portion of the movie. That's some bad shootin.
View Quote

Easy to do at the range, a lot harder in the midst of a real live firefight, when the opponents are using full auto weps.

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The guy at B&B's shows the cops the AR's..Cop says "I can't believe they let people buy these guns..." No schitt LEO..maybe because they are legal??

This is an official anti-gun b/s movie...Ak47 mentioned probably 20 times and now this.

Sheeple and lemmings, prepare to swallow now..
View Quote

IIRC, the cops made the comment, NOT after seeing the AR's, but after seeing "the best sniper rifle ever made," the Remingon 700. Let the duck hunters put THAT in their crack pipe and smoke it...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#43]
The commentary blows.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#44]
aviator, i'll back your statement on that up 100%, but honestly..............

all those cops, at all those angles and 2 gunmen?  how many cops had a clear field of view of both gunmen when it was clear to those cops that they were both shooting in another direction?  if that hollyweird production was anywhere near reality, that really, really, really was bad shooting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In fact, it looked like they only hit the robbers about 10 times total during that portion of the movie. That's some bad shootin.
View Quote

Easy to do at the range, a lot harder in the midst of a real live firefight, when the opponents are using full auto weps.

Aviator
View Quote

I'm gonna go by the movie here.

Yes, well going by their stats given at the beginning of the show... LAPD fired 1500 rounds. What we saw made it look like over 2/3 of the shots fired by LAPD happened in front of the bank (and they didn't at all make it look like even CLOSE to 500 rounds were fired with the AR's). So... they hit around 1% of the time. As they only showed a handfull of hits on the body armor during that portion.

A good thing (that the antis wont pick up on) about this, is that apparently a few thousand rounds were fired by evil machineguns... and yet nobody died. Kinda shoots down the whole "every 30 round mag will kill 30 people" attitude.

Oh, and the best line of the movie:

"I'll take willpower over firepower anyday"

Practice the jedi mind trick, young padewan. hah
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

can you prove this?
View Quote

I remember an interview of the real gunstore owner on TLC who stated, he seen it on the news and then turned to his clerks and told them to start loading mags and get ready for the cops to come in needing more firepower.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I noticed, that near the end when the officer was firing under the car at the perp's foot, that the AR he was firing looked like it had a pipe in the barrel.
Did anyone else notice?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I noticed, that near the end when the officer was firing under the car at the perp's foot, that the AR he was firing looked like it had a pipe in the barrel.
Did anyone else notice?
View Quote

Blank firing device I'm sure.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've been to B&B, and it isn't much of a stretch to characterize them this way; They act like they're doing you a tremendous favor to wait on you, and then charge an unholy amount for the stuff they have.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top