Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the people here are going to feign ignorance [BTW people, the government knows who you are based on your participation in this website alone], but I am perfectly willing to discuss my ownership of firearms in the past. Ask away!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not two . Just one !!!!!

Oh i mean before the boat accident
View Quote

20 years ago Sports Authority ran sale in the Miami Herald sports page for a Ruger Mk II SS 5.5" bull barrel pistol and I went down to their Kendall store and attempted to buy one.  When I got there and talked to the clerk, they stated that there had been a mistake in the ad.  The manager came over and told me that he would sell me the pistol at the advertised price.  I thanked him, since it was a hike from where I live and then I asked him if he would sell me a second pistol at the same price and he said yes.

I bought both pistols right then and there (had my CCW) and sent one off to my sister, more as a joke.

That's the only weapon her family of 7 has.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I may have more than one gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One gun is like having one testicle.
View Quote

So more than 2 guns =
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My CCW That I keep in a LIberty Franklin 50.  Can't be too careful.  

" />
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is just a saying that fit the discussion at hand, but to the point that a man with one gun has been forced to use it for everything. I have known plenty of old timers who could shoot quarters out of the air with a single shot .22, they shot the 1 gun everyday and could do what ever they need to with it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beware the man that owns only one gun, he knows how to use it.

No offense to you for repeating that, but in my experience the man who only owns one gun these days has no interest in firearms, has no idea what he has, and is marginal at best in it's operation.

I think this "one gun man" thing was popularized during the great depression when any man was fortunate to have a solid firearm at all and he damn-well better have known how to use it.

I could be wrong about this and am open to any other theories on where the "one gun man"  warning came from.

It is just a saying that fit the discussion at hand, but to the point that a man with one gun has been forced to use it for everything. I have known plenty of old timers who could shoot quarters out of the air with a single shot .22, they shot the 1 gun everyday and could do what ever they need to with it.  

Wasn't it Col. Jeff Cooper that said " beware the man with one rifle"...?
I assumed he meant that he would KNOW how to use it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I owned only one gun, I was 6 yrs old
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I only own one revolver.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#9]
When i was 22 i got my rifle and shotgun permit . (Live in the city )
I bought a ruger mini ,10/22 , extra mags and ammo in one day
Spent $2,300 .
I see alot of people here in the city that own guns (legal) and i have never met someone with just one .

So this is why i asked the question . Even in nyc people own more then one gun .

And for regular people thats alot of hoops to go through (rifle and shotgun let alone handgun)
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One gun is like having one testicle.
View Quote

It's like having a dried up raisin testicle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#11]
This thread is just sad and I feel dirty now that I've read it.

Last time I owned only 1 firearm was when I was 12.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#12]
My son is two and has two guns.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Not since I was 12.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top