Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
This issue is very clearly in your wife's court.  Its intolerable for them to nose in, let alone enlisting your BiL for help "making" a case, about your property.   If its a real issue point out the nearest hotel an provide them with directions if needed.

If I were you I'd be having a real serious discussion with my wife about their (inlaws) involvement in your affairs.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Perhaps they don't understand that the fence isn't meant as a property boundary. If you had 100 acres, would they want the fence moved to cover the whole area?  
View Quote

Oh good lord I would hope not
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This issue is very clearly in your wife's court.  Its intolerable for them to nose in, let alone enlisting your BiL for help "making" a case, about your property.   If its a real issue point out the nearest hotel an provide them with directions if needed.

If I were you I'd be having a real serious discussion with my wife about their (inlaws) involvement in your affairs.
View Quote

Actually we have already had that talk and she and I are now on the same page. Once I put it to her in the not broke lets not fix terms she understood. They are parked in the back yard in a 5th wheel at the moment and the main reason they are here is that he is having some health issues which is why they came here in the first place. Which is why them pushing this so hard this time really made no sense at all especially in the hottest part of the damn year here in AZ.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You paint a vivid, clear picture.

Just kidding, I had to read that 3 times to understand what the hell is going on.

View Quote

Yeah this is a real don't make sense sort of thing.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You paint a vivid, clear picture.

Just kidding, I had to read that 3 times to understand what the hell is going on.

Yeah this had a really high WTF factor
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Deliver to in-laws as needed.

OP, unless I miss my guess... they are control freaks in other ways too, right?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:42:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No they dont even live in AZ at all. They travel around the country doing campground hosting and working for the oil fields as gate guards when they want to have a paying job since they are retired. So no they literally dont have any real interest in this other than creating an issue from a non issue to move a fence that isnt broken. I repair multi million dollar machines for a living and I wont fix things that arent broken due to the fact that it causes needless work and other crap goes wrong usually so this falls into that category.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your inlaws have some mental issues.  The fact that they see some issue with anything contained within your property limits is absurd and concerning.  As for fencing you don't really want to put it exactly on the line, give it a few inches at least.  Just in case there ever is a legit dispute later on you have some room.  

I'm guessing they're adjacent to you is the issue?  Is your property cut out of a larger parcel that is theirs?

No they dont even live in AZ at all. They travel around the country doing campground hosting and working for the oil fields as gate guards when they want to have a paying job since they are retired. So no they literally dont have any real interest in this other than creating an issue from a non issue to move a fence that isnt broken. I repair multi million dollar machines for a living and I wont fix things that arent broken due to the fact that it causes needless work and other crap goes wrong usually so this falls into that category.

I'm wondering how they even learned of this incredible "problem" of yours?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:26:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your inlaws have some mental issues.  The fact that they see some issue with anything contained within your property limits is absurd and concerning.  As for fencing you don't really want to put it exactly on the line, give it a few inches at least.  Just in case there ever is a legit dispute later on you have some room.  

I'm guessing they're adjacent to you is the issue?  Is your property cut out of a larger parcel that is theirs?

I dont even remember how it started honestly. But I think it has something to do with a visit from the BIL and his career doing the surveying thing. Its just got all stupid after that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#9]
So, we move into our first (and last) house, and the first fall I rake up the leaves and my wife dumped them over an old stone wall.

She tells her parents what we did that weekend.

The in laws show up with a wheelbarrow so their daughter can have an easier time "doing her job". They talked it over with themselves and came to a conclusion unrelated to reality. Didn't ask us. Nope. Why would they do that when they know it all?

That was 17 years ago. She hasn't touched a leaf since, we bought a mulching mower, and now a friends son does the yard. The fucking wheelbarrow uses a wheel that broke, first year, that isn't available anywhere. So it's been sitting in the shed for 16 years.

The problem isn't the yard, the wheel, or the equipment.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Tear down the fence and put up some pink bullshit fence.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#11]
You still own the land, so what's the big deal?   I had my fence put well within my property lines because i didnt want to give my neighbors anything to bitch about.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, we move into our first (and last) house, and the first fall I rake up the leaves and my wife dumped them over an old stone wall.

She tells her parents what we did that weekend.

The in laws show up with a wheelbarrow so their daughter can have an easier time "doing her job". They talked it over with themselves and came to a conclusion unrelated to reality. Didn't ask us. Nope. Why would they do that when they know it all?

That was 17 years ago. She hasn't touched a leaf since, we bought a mulching mower, and now a friends son does the yard. The fucking wheelbarrow uses a wheel that broke, first year, that isn't available anywhere. So it's been sitting in the shed for 16 years.

The problem isn't the yard, the wheel, or the equipment.

View Quote

I must be missing something here, your in-laws bought you two a wheelbarrow when you moved into your new house and you were mad about it??

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We just had a survey done on our business property 4 years ago, total cost was under $400. I don't know where you are doing business but I am glad it isn't here.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll bet it's 4-500 to have 4 corners found and marked. An actual survey for 4-$500?, no way. That probably wouldn't even come close to the field work. I worked for a LLS in the late '80s. We did an urban survey involving a fence post on a property corner that was out of place by 4 inches. Survey was $8000.
We just had a survey done on our business property 4 years ago, total cost was under $400. I don't know where you are doing business but I am glad it isn't here.  

i called several places about getting 15 acres surveyed... approx cost was around $2500-$3500... it also depends on the size of the parcel as well... the more land, the more it costs. luckily mine is pretty damn simple, and not much mystery about the property lines.... road on right side the right boundary..... highway is south boundary, fence on north is north boundary, and the creek on my left, is my left boundary..... it has a 100 year old fence on it that i followed to confirm my suspicions.... marker stake at one end.... follow fence up / into creek, and marker / stake is at the other end.

there is a neighbors house in one corner, that iv not hammered out the markers just yet, but he only owns 1/2 acre... not expecting it to be a problem.. this winter when everything dies and i can see easier, ill hunt down the remaining stakes with my metal detector. as im planning to eventually fence it..
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Personally I'd re-fence... why? Because I paid for that land.

Actually, i wouldn't have re-fenced because I would have pulled a survey the first time and done it right.

OP, you shouldn't make the same mistake as others did that I know.  The neighbors with 80+ acre lots never really cared until one sold his lot and the new person moved in, turned out that their papers or their ideas of where their actual boundaries were was far off... so far off that the pole barn built without a permit and driveway was cut right in half by the property line.  That made for some exciting discussion.

I like to know exactly where my boundaries are.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top