User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
No, you need to go find yourself a woman about your age who is single, well adjusted, and does not have a freight train of baggage following her around.  

So, nobody then?

any that are close to my age, are spoken for, and rightfully so.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Good times, man :)
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
redhead was all you needed

It grabbed my attention, she is cute... not beautiful. If I was her age, I'd likely consider her a 5. Being older, I now would consider her a strong 6. Red hair is a +1, so she is a 7 in my book. Throw her personality and intelligence in and we are talking an 8.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
How cute, sounds like 2 kids in lust
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

dude you're 39, not in your 60's

Well said.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
redhead was all you needed

It grabbed my attention, she is cute... not beautiful. If I was her age, I'd likely consider her a 5. Being older, I now would consider her a strong 6. Red hair is a +1, so she is a 7 in my book. Throw her personality and intelligence in and we are talking an 8.

That's all you need.  Make it happen.  Sounds perfect, good luck, report back often.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I cant define dirty old man.  But I know it when i see it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1179333
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Ya'll say dirty old man like it's a bad thing.

Jim
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I doubt I could have a serious conversation with someone that much younger than me.  But it would be a fun fling.

Does staring at their cleavage and pretending to listen count as a serious conversation?

I working an office full of gorgeous women, been practicing the whole look them in the eyes thing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#12]
No problem here. I'm 48 and my last GF of 4 years is 28. I think I'm looking in the 30's range now. Less drama and a little more maturity.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
The difference between a young stud and dirty old man is 20 years
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#15]
By all means, fo.  BUT, she is younger which may not be an immediate problem, she has different politics which will be a problem eventually and she wants to change the world (your words) which means she will want to change you.  Did I say fo?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes,

But how do you know if you are a, 'ahem', compatible?  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Just for fun the formula I've heard is

Your current age / 2 + 7

So 39/2 = 19.5 + 7 = 26.5 years

But really what ever your comfortable with
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Normally my major issue would be that it's hard to find any common ground between your age and hers or even my age and hers (you've got me by about 3 years, frater) but in your case that doesn't seem to be an issue.  You have things in common, you enjoyed each other's company....if she enjoys your habits in and out of the bedroom, you'll be set.  Take her out and see where it leads.  If your similarities are enough to have broken the ice and that's it, you'll know.  If they're enough to develop into a relationship, go for it.  feel free to share pics of redheaded stacked hottie in latex and or schoolgirl outfits with your midwest brother
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#19]
my wife 14 years younger.no regrets.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

my wife 14 years younger.no regrets.

Same here.  Must be something in the water.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#23]
dbl    

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My rule of thumb is that if she's 36÷2(5-4)^2 she's good to go

why would you date a chic that's 288 ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm the oldest by far in my group of friends that I see often,   ( 35 here one or two of them just started turning 30)    some of the younger ones I remember shit from before they were born      I'm still believing that it is 90% mental and 10% physical    
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:08:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Being about the same age as you, I would guess the difference in age will show up gradually till you realize life experience is small at 25.
Good luck
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Being about the same age as you, I would guess the difference in age will show up gradually till you realize life experience is small at 25.

Good luck

I think it is more of how you deal with it..     Sure I take my responsibilities quite seriously,  there is many times when I dont see friends for 3 or 4 weeks because of work,  but when we do get together, this old guy is one of the few that can one up them and still get up at 6am to go fishin and be home after limiting out when they are just recovering and crawling out of bed   although there are people who try to associate this with other issues

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:23:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't think anyone would look down on a successful 40 year old dating a relatively mature, successful 25-30 year old woman.

Now, if you were dating 18 year old still in high school, you'd be a dirty old man. Unless you are famous, then you're fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Tonight I attended an alumni event for my graduate school, and I was the oldest one there at 39... the next oldest alums might be pushing 30. OK, so for the event I'm kind of the wise and experienced Dean who has been there, done that. I'm having a decent time chatting with some current grad students and recent alums when I notice this cute redhead across the room... cute, not hot, but redheads are my thing and she is young and endowed, flirty, smart as a whip and sassy. I can't honestly tell if she is being flirty or if she is always this bubbly and is just one of those people who makes you feel like you are the only person in the room.

As we are talking I learn she grew up in this small Adirondack town my family owned a summer home in. She was blown away that I could talk about her hometown as if I spent my entire life there. She is a Dem, but hey... she is like 24 or 25 and thinks she is going to change the world. She has no problem with guns, having grown up around them. She would be a real catch, and completely wasted on the idiot guys her age (there are of course always exceptions). At the end of the night she mentions she is heading out to see some girlfriends, and she doesn't ask if I want to come along, so I figure I let my imagination run wild... oh well, was fun flirting for a couple hours. She disappears out the door of the restaurant and I'm talking with my friends when she comes back in and touches me on the arm. I turn around and say hi, did you forget something. She smiles and says yes, to give you my number and you didn't ask for mine. I hand her a card and she grabs my iphone and programs her number into it.

So yes, I'm going to take her out... but I'm 39 and wayyyyyyy older than her. I have always been more likely to date a woman 10 years older than me than one 10 years younger... and 15 years? Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiit, I sleep with girls that age, but normally they have daddy issues and are not relationship material. While young, she is intelligent, educated, charming, cultured, accomplished for her age and pretty grounded. She is exactly the type of girl I would seek to date, but I feel like I would get the Pedo-bear stare down out in public with her.

What are the hives' thoughts on a 24/25 year old young woman with a 39 year old man? I'm sincerely curious about the opinions of parents with a daughter that age. How would you feel if your little one brought home a man 15 years older?

And no, you will not be getting photos, I JUST met her!

Half your age +  7 rule.                  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#30]
"So at what age differential do I officially become a dirty old man?"
When you run out of money.
Until then you're an "Older Gentleman".

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:52:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

"So at what age differential do I officially become a dirty old man?"
When you run out of money.
Until then you're an "Older Gentleman".

^  Very close to the truth.

You are never too old if you have money.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:55:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Buddy... that's nothin'.

My 64 year old Dad's wife just turned 30.

I have a new hero!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#33]
My Bio Chem teacher back in NJ also had the quote " when my wife turns 40, I'm trading her in for two 20 year olds..." I always tease my wife about it.  

I would have no problem dating her if I were you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:27:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Me...59....new GF...42.  She picked me up at work, basically.  I have NO complaints.

Dirty Old Man is an obsolete term.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:41:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm 14 years older than my honeybunny.

Big deal.

Either you're compatible,or you're not. She's an adult,you're an adult: if you enjoy each other's company then be happy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:51:39 AM EDT
[#36]
When you're old enough to be their parent, you're an old man. The dirty part is up to you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:59:28 AM EDT
[#37]
If you don't go after that with a vengeance, you need a butt woopin.
No, no problem with that here.......I'm 53 and my Red is 25............ok, where's the pedo bear........
Young guys today (like you said there are exceptions) just don't have much going for them today........she's been around the block and none before me treated her well, or treated her to close to 100% satisfaction in the bedroom.

If you don't want this one after going out with her, turn me on, I need a second.......Red is about willing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:59:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Does she have any Asian friends who also like older guys?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:06:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'll just leave my man card over here on the coffee table...

I did think about kissing her, but my normal inclination to see how fast I can get her out of her clothes was not there with this one.

When I first met mine I could have, maybe should have, bedded her the first night. We necked like teenagers in the parking lot for 1 1/2 hours.......

We've been almost inseparable since then.
On the subject of her parents, both like me real well. Her dads a bit goofy but a good man. Mom's a great cook, love the holiday dinners.......I can imagine the talk by the extended family when she first started living with me......
Her Grandmother loves me.......I kiss her on the cheek cause she's cool and i miss my Nanny.
Gran has quick wit and is funny as hell sometimes. Over dinner last fall I was teazing Red that she was getting old, I might trade her in soon..Gran in less than 3 seconds says......."for 2-12 year olds?".......
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Buddy... that's nothin'.

My 64 year old Dad's wife just turned 30.

Damn, Red and I are 27 years apart....Your dad has me beat....I've got a daughter that's 20 now.......it's kinda odd, I'll admit but we get along better than any of the other 100 or so I've known......
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:13:12 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm too tired to get all philosophical right now, so i'll simply say that you should go for it.
If it were me, my primary concern would be about how much we had in common.
I'm the same age as you and because my professional life evolved earlier than many, my peer group is in their 50's. I'd be surprised if I could find a 20-something that approached life in the sameway, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if I did (and I wasnt married), the age differential wouldn't be a factor.

Being attractive wouldnt hurt her chances of landing me either

Go for it man..life is too short to deny yourself.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
as long as shes legal.

I once worked with a guy in his 60s that dated women 19-20s
I hope I still have it going on when I am in my 60s...

My Grandfather was 73 when he spent an entire summer bangin a 26 yo......she PICKED HIM up at the grocery store.......aftr 3-4 months of smiling bliss he quit seeing her.
I asked him why......he said "dang girl was wearing me out".......ya gotta love this man. He'll be 94 in 2 weeks. Sharp as a tack, full head of hair today.
I've got his blood line
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I doubt I could have a serious conversation with someone that much younger than me.  But it would be a fun fling.

Does staring at their cleavage and pretending to listen count as a serious conversation?

Yup, sure does. Red has got some fine boobies too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:18:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, you need to go find yourself a woman about your age who is single, well adjusted, and does not have a freight train of baggage following her around.  

Those are easy to spot.  They ride unicorns.

No shit, my first thought too. Not many good ones that aren't fubarred.......
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:20:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Thanks for that, good chuckle. Definately lay some pipe. Be good at it though. Lots of younger women value us mature men because we have larger pipe and we're good at what we do.

And yes, I am definately a dirty old man.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:25:31 AM EDT
[#46]
My Bro in law is 15 years older than my sis, they just celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary. I think you'll be fine, it's just a date (so far) anyway.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:27:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Having some common interests would definately help. My Red loves to shoot. We are both artistic, she's an accomplished painter and loves making exquisite unique jewelry. I'm a custom leather craftsman.

Hell, as long as she's not a gun hating liberal, if she's not already into guns take her shooting.........
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:36:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When the women you are leering at have parents that are your age or younger.

Is this a bad thing?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Tonight I attended an alumni event for my graduate school, and I was the oldest one there at 39... the next oldest alums might be pushing 30. OK, so for the event I'm kind of the wise and experienced Dean who has been there, done that. I'm having a decent time chatting with some current grad students and recent alums when I notice this cute redhead across the room... cute, not hot, but redheads are my thing and she is young and endowed, flirty, smart as a whip and sassy. I can't honestly tell if she is being flirty or if she is always this bubbly and is just one of those people who makes you feel like you are the only person in the room.

As we are talking I learn she grew up in this small Adirondack town my family owned a summer home in. She was blown away that I could talk about her hometown as if I spent my entire life there. She is a Dem, but hey... she is like 24 or 25 and thinks she is going to change the world. She has no problem with guns, having grown up around them. She would be a real catch, and completely wasted on the idiot guys her age (there are of course always exceptions). At the end of the night she mentions she is heading out to see some girlfriends, and she doesn't ask if I want to come along, so I figure I let my imagination run wild... oh well, was fun flirting for a couple hours. She disappears out the door of the restaurant and I'm talking with my friends when she comes back in and touches me on the arm. I turn around and say hi, did you forget something. She smiles and says yes, to give you my number and you didn't ask for mine. I hand her a card and she grabs my iphone and programs her number into it.

So yes, I'm going to take her out... but I'm 39 and wayyyyyyy older than her. I have always been more likely to date a woman 10 years older than me than one 10 years younger... and 15 years? Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiit, I sleep with girls that age, but normally they have daddy issues and are not relationship material. While young, she is intelligent, educated, charming, cultured, accomplished for her age and pretty grounded. She is exactly the type of girl I would seek to date, but I feel like I would get the Pedo-bear stare down out in public with her.

What are the hives' thoughts on a 24/25 year old young woman with a 39 year old man? I'm sincerely curious about the opinions of parents with a daughter that age. How would you feel if your little one brought home a man 15 years older?

And no, you will not be getting photos, I JUST met her!

I think it's weird that you'll sleep with younger women but you're freaked out by dating them. The older guy I dated was just the opposite.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My rule of thumb is that if she's 36÷2(5-4)^2 she's good to go

why would you date a chic that's 288 ?

You need to go back to middle school math class...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top