Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Uh ... no.  In fact, I put in an order with them early this morning before I went to bed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
After cruising to their website today and checking out their statement I feel that Bushmaster needs a bit o green from all of us.  It took a lot of dedication to their industry and customers to take such a stand, and thank God they did.

I'll be thanking Bushmaster in a few minutes with my order....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster will continue to get my dollars.  So will Armalite and Colt.  There, I've covered my ABC's.  D=Dpms.  E=Eagle Arms.  F=Fulton Armory.  G=....hmmmm.  Help me out, I'm stumped.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It would be pretty fucking sad if Bushmaster survives one of the most reported and notorious shooting sprees in the nation's history...they survive the Brady Center and Violence Policy Center...they survive the blood-sucking lawyers....

...only to be put out of business because we stop patronizing them.

Preach it Brother!!!

I ordered up another big batch of Bushmaster parts this morning...  NO BOYCOTT here...

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I never cared for purple guns or lack of finish under the fsb. There decision to pay was the smart thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
If people were consistent here, they would. Bushmaster caved in teh same manner that S&W and possibly worse because now they set a precident for5 paying off people harmed with a legal product and every greedy bastard is gonna want a cut.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#7]
i'm looking to buy a varminter upper from them soon
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I have Had 7 Bushmaster Rifles and will keep buying more from them
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#9]
No.  There is no reason to blame BM for anything.  This was a sound business decision.

STOP THE BUSHMASTER BASHING!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Bushmaster,,,CAVED IN! They should have folded...if it came it it......then form a new company utilizing the same employees etc. The "community" will always hear that it is the "same" but "differant" company..Or just fight to the death rather than giving AMMO to the EMEMY!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I actually plan on getting a Bushy in the next few months now.

Same here. All the naughty features will be fun
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Bushmaster Responds to Brady Groups False Claim of Victory
Thursday September 9, 2004 9:24AM est

Windham, Maine -- The Washington DC Brady Group would have you believe they won some kind of victory! The Brady Group brought this lawsuit not for the victims, but for their anti-gun agenda. The Brady Group asked for the settlement conference after reviewing all the evidence they knew they could not be successful in court and they wanted to stop paying lawyer fees.

The Brady Group sent a second tier lawyer to the settlement conference with nine demands on Bushmaster regarding business practices and Bushmaster denied them all. We then gave the Brady Group our statement that we support the BATF licensing requirements to be a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) holder and our support for the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) safety programs, and they accepted our statement. We did not agree and would not agree to change the way we do business or make any additional demands of our customers. We were emphatic that Bushmaster did not commit any wrong doings.

The attorney for our insurance company was at the settlement conference and informed us that about half of our policy limits had been spent on trial lawyers. It was the insurance company’s position that all of the limit would be spent on this case, and therefore turned the funds over to Bushmaster to use as we saw fit removing the insurance company from the case. Our choice was to continue spending it on trial lawyers or turn it over directly to the victims’ families with no funds going to the Brady Group for their legal fees.

We felt the compassionate thing to do was give it to the victims’ families, not because we had to but because we wanted to. The Washington DC Brady Group should learn what compassion is really all about!

Bushmaster strongly believes and vigorously supports the rights of citizens to own and use firearms, and the settlement of this case in no way compromises that stand. The Brady Group’s attempt at claiming a victory over firearms manufacturers is a hollow one with no substance. Their attempt to eliminate gun rights of citizens has failed legislatively and will continue to fail with these frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

Bushmaster Firearms, Inc.

Kind of respect that.

Yeah, I've got no problem with the families getting some $$$ to help with funeral costs etc. and screwing Brady and their goons at the same time. I'm still supporting Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If people were consistent here, they would. Bushmaster caved in teh same manner that S&W and possibly worse because now they set a precident for5 paying off people harmed with a legal product and every greedy bastard is gonna want a cut.

S.O.

That is utter nonsense.  S&W signed an agreement with HUD (a.k.a. The Federal Government) and 29 cities and states that dictated they would require all S&W dealers to not sell firearms to anyone that had not taken a safety class, required all dealers to not sell high-capacity magazines, not sell assault weapons, and sell only one gun to a customer every 14 days.  This was not just for S&W's line, but any gun that the dealer sold.  They also required S&W dealers and their employees to take an annual training class and take an annual written test.

Contrast that with Bushmaster, who paid the families of the victims directly with no consequence to themselves.  Tactically, it was an excellent move that takes the wind out of the Brady sails, and it was the most prudent move they could have made in this instance.

Now compare the two.  Which one violated your rights?  Now do you see the difference?  If you don't plan on buying a Bushmaster over this, then more Bushmasters for me.  I can live with that.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

S.O.

Gosh, maybe I'm a little confused. I thought Bushmaster REFUSED to agree to the types of business practice restrictions that S&W agreed to. Please, help me understand this; what restrictions in the sale of firearms did Bushmaster agree to in this settlement? Could you list them for me?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems like after we round up the Terrorists, we need to round up the Lawyers .  I would bet $100 right now that if some F*ckstick threw a rock at me  and put my eye out, I could find a) a lawyer to file an action against GOD thru his agent , a Church (probably my beloved Catholic Church) and b) some nincompoop  liberal judge to entertain it.  Then, rather than go thru more legal hassles, they'd settle  for some excessive amount.  What has happened to our country?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Why? Bushmaster took it up the ass when S 1805 was pulled from consideration. We made out pretty good on the deal, but at the expense of firearms manufactuers. If anything I think the least we can do is give them our buisness and follow-up by pushing for a renewed "immunity" bill.

A BIG + 1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

S.O.

You could not be more wrong.  What BM did has no legal standing outside of that particular case.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Boycott my ass, I placed a nice order with them first thing this morning!!

They did the right thing plus they make great firearms. I've never had a single problem with any of my Bushies!!

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#19]
No way, infact I'm going to make a point to spend what I can after the ban sunsets
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll continue to support them.  They did what they had to for survival.  They did not "sell out".  Think about this logically before freaking out and calling for a boycott.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top