BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I dunno.....Mercury guys were bad-asses but I have to give a nod to the guys that landed on the moon in tin foil spacecraft and computers less powerful than the calculator I have on my desk.

Shit, they're ALL ballsy in my book.

This is true....the moon missions were amazing.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Anyone featured in "The Right Stuff", also I'd have to give it to Yuri Gagarin. Imagine being the first Human launched into space, especially with Soviet's likely more lax safety standards. Huge fucking balls.

The first human to survive.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Apollo Astronauts
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Jose' Jimenez.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Apollo. Think Apollo 11 & 13. Neil Armstrong taking over and landing manually. Apollo 13...well you know. Those guys went to the moon and back. Father in space than any man.
Using analog computers, all the the old tech stuff. Saturn V, six million + pounds of thrust. That shit scares the hell out of me. I would take shuttle ride in a heart beat. Apollo to the moon? NO WAY! I am to much of a wuss.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't know this program existed.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Holy crap... neither did I.

ETA: Wow, Robert Crippen was involved with MOL
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top