Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Not far enough from the Ghetto I see...  

Move man, move!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't see why anyone would flame you.  Don't blame yourself for God's sake.

But on the other hand, I would think seriously about your home security preparations.

Maybe time for a top down reevaluation of things.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
St. Louis has nice areas?

First thing that poped into my head too. So are there any nice areas in St. Louis?

What do you define as St. Louis? The county, yes, but the city is all iffy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First thing that poped into my head too. So are there any nice areas in St. Louis?

I'm glad that I wasn't alone in this thought.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]
You may want to rethink sleeping with the windows open, or put bars up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Why I live semi rural....have fences...and keep a number of vigilant and barking dogs...plus a security system.

Still no guaruntee against crime...a house was burgeled down the road from me....but they just had cats...and no fence...and no security system.

I seriously do think barking dogs are a fairly cheap form of active alarm. They spend the day just looking for trouble to bark at.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

St. Louis has lots of nice places.  In fact one of the cities/neighborhoods whatever you chose to call it is has the highest median incomes of anywhere else in the state of MIssouri.  And right up there with all the other tops in the country.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:40:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nick you need a dog a loud dog.

I have one.  He's a "bully" bread, and was passed out in a cloud of his own farts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Stop all blacks from taking the train to white areas.

(It's for the children...)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:04:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nick you need a dog a loud dog.

I have one.  He's a "bully" bread, and was passed out in a cloud of his own farts.

does he at least bark at the uninvited in his masters domain?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This weekend, a poor young girl was targeted by a black man and raped at 12:30 AM.  This happened in my neighbor's yard, directly across from mine.  I was sleeping with the windows open and didn't hear anything.  I can't believe it.  The police caught the guy within 24 hours, and apparently he had raped and assaulted several women.  So, here are my several comments/points: 1) I live in a very nice neighborhood.  Crime has increased from essentially 0 to a lot ever since a public rail transportation system was put in place.  These crimes are pretty much committed all by African Americans from the North side of town that take the rail to nice neighborhoods and conduct crimes 2) St. Louis city cops would have done nothing about this type of crime.  Hell, they don't even investigate murders, let alone assaults and rape 3) I don't know how to feel that this happened in front of my house.  I wish I would have detected something so that I could have perhaps helped the young girl.  At a minimum, I would have liked to have been able to call the cops.  I feel a bit ashamed to say I'm a little sorry I didn't get to draw down on this prick.  He held her at gunpoint, so the response would have had to be equal.

Flame on, bitches.

story
I suggest reading some of the comments

Answered your own post.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:16:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Wait, You sleep with your windows open?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:42:25 AM EDT
[#15]
why were the girls out at midnight and 245 am?  alone?  no this just doesn't justify rape but lambs in the woods at night get eaten.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This weekend, a poor young girl was targeted by a black man and raped at 12:30 AM.  This happened in my neighbor's yard, directly across from mine.  I was sleeping with the windows open and didn't hear anything.  I can't believe it.  The police caught the guy within 24 hours, and apparently he had raped and assaulted several women.  So, here are my several comments/points: 1) I live in a very nice neighborhood.  Crime has increased from essentially 0 to a lot ever since a public rail transportation system was put in place.  These crimes are pretty much committed all by African Americans from the North side of town that take the rail to nice neighborhoods and conduct crimes 2) St. Louis city cops would have done nothing about this type of crime.  Hell, they don't even investigate murders, let alone assaults and rape 3) I don't know how to feel that this happened in front of my house.  I wish I would have detected something so that I could have perhaps helped the young girl.  At a minimum, I would have liked to have been able to call the cops.  I feel a bit ashamed to say I'm a little sorry I didn't get to draw down on this prick.  He held her at gunpoint, so the response would have had to be equal.

Flame on, bitches.

story

Public transportation always  destroys neighborhoods. Seen untold number of great neighborhoods turn into the ghetto over-night with the addition of puplic transportation. If Public Transportation is ever added to my neighorhood, I will instantly sell my house and move. OP is suggest you move outside of Public Transportation routes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:45:55 AM EDT
[#17]
My brother in law has a rule.  Always live farther from the city than public transport will take you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This was my thought, I live in central MO, and I have to go to STL all the time and I haven't really noticed any nice areas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:52:49 AM EDT
[#19]
One time I was reloading ammo in the back room while listening to the police scanner.  I heard a call go out to respond to MY ADDRESS because THE MISSING STABBING VICTIM HAD BEEN FOUND THERE.  

I froze in place like a deer in the headlights.  

I wobbled on shaky legs to the front door and saw the police surrounding a car at the curb in front of my house.  That's where the stabbing victim pulled over and stopped while going for help.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#20]
There are no "NICE AREAS". There are....hunting grounds for criminals.....get your head straight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Why are you obsessed with color. A bad guy did this, not a race of people.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
ever since a public rail transportation system was put in place.

No kidding. I have the same feeling that's going to happen when they expand the DC Metro rail to Dulles through Tysons here in VA.

Heck I live 60 miles west of DC and I carry in my my own yard. Being retired now I see how vulnerable the neighborhood is with all the folks that leave every morning for their commute to work in the DC area. I've seen more than a few suspicious vehicles cruising by with occupants that clearly don't fit the demographic of the neighborhood if you catch my drift.

As for the OP: Don't sweat it, sleep happens. At least the incident brought up your awareness of the dangers in the real world even in a "nice" neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Just kick him while he's down

Too bad he didn't help her out, instead of surfing arfcom

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:23:54 AM EDT
[#24]

So a girl got raped in my front yard and I slept through it (now with story link, jeez)

This happened in my neighbor's yard, directly across from mine.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crime has increased from 0 to a lot, is that an official FBI statistic?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

FBI doesn't get that technical.

Hey, don't get all non-hispanic white on us...  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'm constantly being reminded on Arfcom that if I feel the need to carry in my own home, I live in a ghetto neighborhood and need to move.

I'm quite curious to find out how exactly you know that the cops won't even investigate it.

I do, too. I'm in one of the last ghettos in South Tampa. I have an 85lb Airedale who hates anyone he doesn't know and a safe full of guns. My only problem is I never just pull out one for HD. I always pull out a couple and my fear is if someone breaks in they could kill me before I decide which gun to shoot them with.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:36:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I wonder what the girl's father will do in this situation.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So a girl got raped in my front yard and I slept through it (now with story link, jeez)

This happened in my neighbor's yard, directly across from mine.

Ok.  This has been brought up twice so let me clarify.  The incident did occur in my neighbors yard, which is 10 yards away, directly, from my front yard and in line with my bedroom windows.  I used the term "my yard" in the subject line because god damnit, it's close enough to mean the same damn thing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Umm.. U-City is not a "nice" area. Sure it is overpriced but still, not nice.
BTW, I lived over 20yrs in St. Charles, 5 yrs in Arnold and worked over 20 in St. Louis so I do have an idea what I am talking about.
I do enjoy driving the delmar loop and checking out the "freak show" on nice summer evenings and the area around maryland ave. is kinda neat to visit but I damn sure wouldn't live there.
Too many "progressive" in them parts and well, progressive is just another word for naive idiots.
about what happened but are you really surprised?

ETA;
Here is a fun website to check out. Have a kook and see just how wonderful StL is!
http://www.crimereports.com/map?search=63010&searchButton.x=0&searchButton.y=0&searchButton=SEARCH
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I was pulled over in St. Louis one night on my motorcycle. Somehow I had made a wrong turn or two and ended up in a not so nice part of town. The cop pulled me over to tell me how to get the hell out of that area. He said "a white guy on a nice bike in this area wont last long"!  Needless to say I thaked the officer, and hauled ass!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
why were the girls out at midnight and 245 am?  alone?  no this just doesn't justify rape but lambs in the woods at night get eaten.

I believe OP says 1230, but regardless, lots of young ladies get assaulted coming home from work, or coming home from a bar or wherever.  Just from exiting their car to their front door.  Happens around here too damn frequently.  

There was a guy caught here not too long ago who was up the road in an upclass neighborhood and stumbled upon a woman standing on her porch talking on the phone to her friend.  She had just gotten back home from a night out with her boyfriend, who went inside to go to sleep.  The guy took her into the backyard, forced her to do all kinds of stuff while the boyfriend was inside sleeping the whole time.  They put him in the slammer and threw away the key.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#32]
A rape can occur in less than a minute. Don't beat yourself up about this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A rape can occur in less than a minute. Don't beat yourself up about this.

20 seconds on a good night.
I KEEED!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You sleep too deeply.
Watch the news for an hourGo get all fucked in the head about something  so you won't sleep any more.

Fixed.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wonder what the girl's father will do in this situation.  

I think you and I know what would happen round here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crime has increased from 0 to a lot, is that an official FBI statistic?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

sounds pretty official doesn't it?

I couldn't find crime data on my neighborhood, but this is from a bordering township.  They had high crime to begin with, but you see a spike in 2007 when the surface train came to their area:

Violent Crimes

Rate Per 100K People

2001 380

2002       416

2003       457

2004  354

2005   476

2006   N/A

2007        670

2008  830
Yep, 2006 that's the year I was there. The little asshats know better than to fuck around when I'm in town!
Now get off my lawn!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:12:18 AM EDT
[#37]
bump, this thread needs to be seen. Its a dman shame..
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Shit happens while you sleep, deal with it. The world is a bad place.

about sums it up.

J-

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, there are nice areas.  The city of St. Louis is pretty small and kind of shitty, but the west burbs and some parts of the west and south city have all the big houses and estates just like any other major metro area.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You've obviously never been over to Ladue.  Serious money over there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

this, sometimes I lose sleep because I know that when I do sleep im out like a rock and could sleep through a damn tornado.. sad but true
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Question for the OP:

Is it worse to be raped by a BLACK man?. Isn't it bad enough to just be raped? What was the point of indicating his race? Does it really matter? Look internally.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This weekend, a poor young girl was targeted by a black man and raped at 12:30 AM.  This happened in my neighbor's yard, directly across from mine.  I was sleeping with the windows open and didn't hear anything.  I can't believe it.  The police caught the guy within 24 hours, and apparently he had raped and assaulted several women.  So, here are my several comments/points: 1) I live in a very nice neighborhood.  Crime has increased from essentially 0 to a lot ever since a public rail transportation system was put in place.  These crimes are pretty much committed all by African Americans from the North side of town that take the rail to nice neighborhoods and conduct crimes 2) St. Louis city cops would have done nothing about this type of crime.  Hell, they don't even investigate murders, let alone assaults and rape 3) I don't know how to feel that this happened in front of my house.  I wish I would have detected something so that I could have perhaps helped the young girl.  At a minimum, I would have liked to have been able to call the cops.  I feel a bit ashamed to say I'm a little sorry I didn't get to draw down on this prick. He held her at gunpoint, so the response would have had to be equal.

Flame on, bitches.

story

I'll bet. That asshole needs a bullet to the head.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

WOW nice tude
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#45]
St Louis?
My brother lives there and carries a dummy wallet he can hand over if they try to mug him.

Stupid kid, won't pack a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I've had two platonic girlfriends that were brutally raped by a black man.  One of the many reasons I don't care for blacks very much.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#47]
They use the bus system around here to commit their crimes. Goes way out of Detroit into the suburbs. Sometimes they don't feel like taking it to get back to Detroit and just carjack someone so they or their hostage can drive there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#48]
You don't need MetroLink for that area to be iffy.

I'd like to be farther away from St. Louis, and I'm out past Six Flags.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Bush's fault
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Crime has increased from essentially 0 to a lot ever since a public rail transportation system was put in place.

When the rail system get put in connecting any decent part of town and the burbs to the city, here come the thug criminals, loiterers and trouble Crime and the downturn of the area.
People who live in the burbs and own a house and a car do not need public transportation to get them into the city, its there for the occasional weekend trip into town until the people from the burbs see the trash they have to sit with on public transportation and decide to just drive or take a cab.

Most cities in the US are not like NYC where public transportation is normal for people from all walks of life.

When I lived in the Baltimore/DC area we had public transportation bring in the thugs and hoods to shoplift at the stores in the strip mall where the line ended.
When I lived in the Detroit area there was a bus line that brought people and also unfortunately thug wannabe trash from Detroit in to hang out at the mall, cause trouble and shoplift.

All of my experiences with public transportation involve being in close proximity to trash.

EDIT- and there is not shit you could have done, even if you had been awake, if he had her at gun point she was compliant for fear of life and limb, she was not screaming out for help for you to hear, he knew what he was doing and it would have only been by some random chance that you would have accidentally noticed it, IF it was in plain view. It would get under my skin too, but there was not shit you could do, thats why the rest of your neighbors did not notice either.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top