BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ya think?

For many states in the US, it literally doesn't matter who the nominees are for either party in November.  Some states will vote Red regardless (Texas) and some will vote Blue regardless (New York).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it looks like NYS will still be blue in the general

Ya think?

For many states in the US, it literally doesn't matter who the nominees are for either party in November.  Some states will vote Red regardless (Texas) and some will vote Blue regardless (New York).

Yep. Though they will often vote for their local guy regardless of party. IIRC VP picks carry their home state 72% of the time no matter which party.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nobody has said it would be likely trump wins New York in the general.

It is likely he will win leaning liberal swing states.
View Quote

Name one.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
New York is fucking hopeless.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Any Republican is DOA in NY.  Trump has no chance, either.
View Quote

Ya' think?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ya' think?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya' think?

Apparently not, if you ask a number of people here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:13:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't quite write this off as the R's just staying home in this case; with these numbers, it looks like NYS will still be blue in the general unless Trump can handle Hillary the way he handled Jeb in the general.
View Quote

This is WHY SAFE passed with hardly a burp.
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Quoted:

Sanders and his supporters are making a serious effort to actually win. I think the hard left likes him MORE than Obama.
View Quote

Of course they do
They view Obama as a centerist
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya' think?

You need to adjust your sarcasm meter a bit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't quite write this off as the R's just staying home in this case; with these numbers, it looks like NYS will still be blue in the general unless Trump can handle Hillary the way he handled Jeb in the general.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya' think?

Oh, I got the sarcasm.  I just find it so incredible.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh, I got the sarcasm.  I just find it so incredible.
View Quote

Oh shit.........I was the one who actually did the misreading.

If NY goes GOP in November you will hear my head hit the floor it will be so loud.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Trump is going to lose NY, and all the states that vote Dem.

And he is going to put traditional Repub states into play.

And he is going to force Repub House and Senate candidates to explain his constantly-changing platform... Trump is going to force conservative losses across the board.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You wouldn't think so if you believed some of the Trump supporters around here.  Some are saying Trump will win and that means he'll win the whole election.  There is a serious detachment from reality among many of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NY doesn't matter for the General. It is a solidly blue state.

You wouldn't think so if you believed some of the Trump supporters around here.  Some are saying Trump will win and that means he'll win the whole election.  There is a serious detachment from reality among many of them.

LOL....Stranger things have happened but I'd sure as hell not hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

It certainly does not help that FHRC is also from NY....Sorta.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Trump can win in New York in November if upstate, which twice voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton for Senator dumps her worthless ass.

Trump  is very popular in NY, and hopefully, folks in that state have had finally enough of Hillary.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Trump can win in New York in November if upstate, which twice voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton for Senator dumps her worthless ass.

Trump  is very popular in NY, and hopefully, folks in that state have had finally enough of Hillary.
View Quote

Trump has no path to victory in NY that has any basis in reality.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Essentially a dozen metropolitan areas which have nothing in common with the way the rest of the country lives are dictating politics for all of us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who the fuck cares what happens in New York?

Essentially a dozen metropolitan areas which have nothing in common with the way the rest of the country lives are dictating politics for all of us.

Where have we heard that before!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I was watching the talking heads on Fox News yesterday afternoon while the voting was going on.  The had some stats up that said 57% of all registered Democrats are in NYC and only 15% of all registered Republicans are in NYC.  Shows you the make up of that state.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Actually, if you correctly count the Trump voters as Ds it's even worse.

View Quote

This kind of absurd hyperbole just makes you look ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And he is going to force Repub House and Senate candidates to explain his constantly-changing platform... Trump is going to force conservative losses across the board.
View Quote

Last poll I saw showed Trump beating Hillary by three in Mississippi.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Utah is the same. If he beats Hillary, it will be close.

Hate to say it... But Trump isn't just forcing conservatives to evaluate themselves. He is forcing liberal Democrats into more power across the board...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Trump can take NY.  And , he can  take the NE delegates as well.

Cruz supporters.......sucks to be you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Not mine:

R - 458
D - 39
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a former resident of upstate/western NY, LOL no. Not unless the voters up there do a 180.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#26]
No shirt Sherlock.....That's what many have been trying to say, NY is SOLIDLY blue regardless of who is running on the GOP ticket. Who honestly believed Trump could put NY in play? Ain't going to happen kiddies....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trump supporters won't agree.

I agree.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Trump has a very solid shot at taking NY and at the least I think he makes it competitive and the Democrats have to spend time and $$ on it.
View Quote

BWHAHHAHWHWHWH....You drank the bong water didn't you?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Dems and Independents that would vote for Trump in the GE were prohibited from supporting him in the primary.
View Quote

None are blocked from polls though, correct?

And every poll shows trump losing to either dem.

If poll after poll is wrong, which is possible, it would still take a miracle for trump to win the general.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If poll after poll is wrong, which is possible, it would still take a miracle for trump to win the general.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dems and Independents that would vote for Trump in the GE were prohibited from supporting him in the primary.

Those polls don't matter.  Except when Trump is ahead in the polls, then lets start a whole thread about them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
On the bright side, there are lots and lots of D voters voting for Trump instead of Shrillery.

View Quote

No, no there isn't.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The delusion is impressive. The idea that ANY republican has any remote chance in NY in the general is rich. The city controls all and the bern supporters willl turn out to vote against trump. Stop peddling the propaganda.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Trump can take NY.  And , he can  take the NE delegates as well.

Cruz supporters.......sucks to be you.
View Quote

I want what you're smoking. But hey, nothing shoots your credibility down quite like this post. Keep it up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No shirt Sherlock.....That's what many have been trying to say, NY is SOLIDLY blue regardless of who is running on the GOP ticket. Who honestly believed Trump could put NY in play? Ain't going to happen kiddies....
View Quote

There are people in this thread that are exemplifying the bolded...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

As were people registered Conservative. I still don't think Trump would beat Hilldog in NY but the general will be a lot closer than the primary.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The delusion is impressive. The idea that ANY republican has any remote chance in NY in the general is rich. The city controls all and the bern supporters willl turn out to vote against trump. Stop peddling the propaganda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are clearly tired of her. Twice as many people voted for her compared to Trump. Even Bernie got more votes than Trump did. It's flat out insane to think he has any chance off taking New York in the general.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

As were people registered Conservative. I still don't think Trump would beat Hilldog in NY but the general will be a lot closer than the primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You honestly think, that after the dems coalesce support behind either benrie or hilldawg, that the GE race will be closer? Cmon dude, the writing is clearly bolded on the wall. It won't be close.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Cruz supporters: Here's my prediction, Trump will win NY.
Trump supporters: Duh. It's his home state.
*Trump wins NY*
Trump supporters: DUH. WE TOLD YOU SO. LYIN' TED GETS SMASHED AGAIN.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You honestly think, that after the dems coalesce support behind either benrie or hilldawg, that the GE race will be closer? Cmon dude, the writing is clearly bolded on the wall. It won't be close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said closER. I never said close.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I'm still skeptical.

We did this with Romney and McCain. Much to the trump supporter's disbelief, trump is relatively centrist. We've ran centrists that provide no benefit for these mysterious "crossover voters" and we can't out-dem the democrats.

Me? I'll be stocking up on ammo. Prices will skyrocket worse than after newtown.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They are clearly tired of her. Twice as many people voted for her compared to Trump. Even Bernie got more votes than Trump did. It's flat out insane to think he has any chance off taking New York in the general.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The excuse for that is that NY has a closed primary.  So in the general election all those dems are going to vote for Trump, which is why they stayed home during the primary instead of going out and voting.  Oh...wait..
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
unless Trump can handle Hillary the way he handled Jeb in the general.
View Quote

Oh holy shit that's funny....

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, at least he has a chance. Cruz is DOA.

Just Like Cruz has NO chance in the general.

NONE.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Name one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Name one.

Trump will win Pennsylvania, Florida, and Ohio and New Jersey.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

NONE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, at least he has a chance. Cruz is DOA.

NONE.

Please show me actual evidence that supports your statement.

I'd be willing to bet that you only have emotional and unscientific arguments. I sure as shit know the data is more favorable for Cruz than trump in the general, but let's see what you've got.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Lol but but but, trump won new yawk!!

See we gawn beat Hillary!!

Trumpkins and their magic pumpkin are adorable
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Trump would win NY and lots of NE states if he would just dress up as a British soldier from the 1700's.  That would appeal to all the ancestors of the Torries who didn't move west.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Trump will win Pennsylvania, Florida, and Ohio and New Jersey.  
View Quote

Trump is going to get gutted across the board.

And he is going to hand total-control of the Government over to liberal Democrats.

He chaged his official position on abortion three times in one day. He is going to force House and Senate conservatives into corners on his whiplash policy changes, and bombastic and unpredictable platform changes.

*Every* conservative is going to suffer by having two New York liberals on the ballot...

The only person possibly less popular and more-repulsive than Hillary is longtime hardcore Hillary supporter Trump.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He won't make it truly competitive in terms of EC votes, but they will have to spend in order to compete in many other state level and congressional elections. It serves as a good distraction that we will need.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump has a very solid shot at taking NY and at the least I think he makes it competitive and the Democrats have to spend time and $$ on it.  

He won't make it truly competitive in terms of EC votes, but they will have to spend in order to compete in many other state level and congressional elections. It serves as a good distraction that we will need.  

THIS.

Making the Dems spend campaign money in NY and in CA to prevent any chance of Trump winning those states helps Trump in swing states where that money could make a difference for the Dems.  Trump having any chance at winning or playing like he does makes the Dems have to spend money they otherwise would not spend in the very expensive NY and CA media markets.

Not to mention how Bernie still in the campaign now is making Hillary spend money campaigning in the late primaries that she would otherwise be the only candidate in.  That only helps Trump or any other GOP candidate this fall when Hillary won't have those dollars to spend on the general election.  And because those primaries are in high cost locations like NY, PA, NJ and CA it takes even more money away from Hillary's campaign, which is always a good thing.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top