Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
"Ya'll wouldn't talk like that if John Wayne were alive today!" Posted by Eric

Hey, Wayne never killed a Cherokee, but he killed a whole buttload of cowboys. He killed a bunch of plains tribesmen but that's different.

But when me and my cousins were little we would play cowboys and Indians and it fluctuated who was the bad guy. We were pretty equal opportunity in those days.

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just too bad that people don't get around to bitching about it till it has evolved into meaning something good to others.

View Quote

Uh, it's kind of difficult to "bitch" about things before they have achieved some degree of popularity, notoriety, or publicity.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
"
OK:

What's with all the mommy and daddy insult stuff? At least I know who mine are" posted by Ramblinwreck

Good comeback Potsie...
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
"Uh, it's kind of difficult to "bitch" about things before they have achieved some degree of popularity, notoriety, or publicity. " posted by Boomer

Never said that you could, just stated that it was too bad.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Post from Ponyboy -
Only if you bring the cowboy targets!
View Quote

Ya'll wouldn't talk like that if John Wayne were alive today![:D]

Eric The(DamnCigarettes!IndiansGotHimAfterAll!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Hey paleface, I like John Wayne and I think my dad has sat around and watched him continously since he has retired. I think he may be shooting for a Guiness record or something.

Besides, I use the politically correct, genericly shaped cowboy targets so that you cannot tell the race, age or sex of the cowboy, or if they are even a human being. They are called [b]The cowperson, or not![/b] brand targets and are available from Brownells.

Were you, Eric, about to call me a racist too?[BD]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Festivus

[url]http://www.interlog.com/~porteous/kramerica_industries.html[/url]
View Quote

"A festival for the rest of us"
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Post from Ponyboy -
Were you, Eric, about to call me a racist too?
View Quote

Me? Surely you jest, Ponyboy! I would never call anyone a 'racist'! To tell you the truth, I'm not certain what that word even means anymore.

When I was growing up in the 50s and 60s, I thought I knew what it meant. It was anyone who hated anyone else simply due to their race!
Period. End of definition.

Nowadays, it appears you can love everybody and still be called a racist, yet you can also hate someone intensely because of their race and still not be considered a racist by some!

The word's become corrupted and should be purged from the lexicon.

I was just having fun with you my red brother.[:D]

Eric The(SoLet'sBuryTheHatchet,No,LetMeRephraseThat)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Post from Ponyboy -
Were you, Eric, about to call me a racist too?
View Quote

Me? Surely you jest, Ponyboy! I would never call anyone a 'racist'! To tell you the truth, I'm not certain what that word even means anymore.

When I was growing up in the 50s and 60s, I thought I knew what it meant. It was anyone who hated anyone else simply due to their race!
Period. End of definition.

Nowadays, it appears you can love everybody and still be called a racist, yet you can also hate someone intensely because of their race and still not be considered a racist by some!

The word's become corrupted and should be purged from the lexicon.

I was just having fun with you my red brother.[:D]

Eric The(SoLet'sBuryTheHatchet,No,LetMeRephraseThat)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Of course I was jesting. You are one of the members I respect the most around these parts.[;)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Ditto, Ponyboy! [>]:)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top