Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Contact OSHA and see if they can survey the area for noxious fumes.  I'm not kidding, this could be a serious health threat as far as you know.  You may think it just stinks, but I don't think you're really an expert.  There could be biological contamination that is a GRAVE, IMMEDIATE THREAT TO YOUR LIFE.  Most people don't know because they don't have to work somewhere that smells like a sewer.  Don't decide for yourself if it's safe, but unpleasant.  Get a large government organization to help you find out if you're at risk.  When in doubt, call a professional.  When annoyed, call a bureaocracy.

Contact HR (and EEOC if you're not a white male) and outline your concerns that the lack of concern about this issue shown by management represents a hostile work environment where everyone is being made to work in horrible conditions to pressure them to quit.  Be sure that you use the words "hostile work environment" when you contact these people.

That's a great idea, except tell them there is an odor that might be gas and you can't identify the source.

Hopefully the embarrassment will be sufficient to fix the problem.

Heck, if OSHA won't act quickly, call the fire department - they will.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Lure him outside with a cheeseburger, then lock the fucking door!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This guy weighed like 900lbs, had the stomach surgery, comes back and shits in his chair everyday. This guy actually takes a dump in a diaper in his chair. We could all deal with it if he was trying to better himself, but he is back to eating all day everyday again, and could care less about his weight gain or fellow employees. Management threatened to send him home if he didn't clean up, the management that said that has since left the company. We now have a new director who could care less what we have to smell everyday.  The bad part is, this guy sits right at the entrance to our office, there is no escaping the stench. He only bathes once a week too.  There are about ten of us in this office, we are getting ready to make something happen, we just don't know what yet. This guy doesn't do anything productive either since he is chair bound.

Before he had the surgery, the Fire Department would not let him work down here, because if there was a fire, they could not get him up the stairs.

Don't take this the wrong way, I am not a mean person, but this guy will look you in the face a let out an extremely sloppy fart. He could care less.

Lots of people think stomach surgery is like magic! I won't want to overeat or eat unhealthy anymore!!!

The truth is that it does not work that way. A stapled stomach does not change someone's mind about lifestyle.

You are in a bad position, because the guy can claim discrimination if he is fired.

Taking a poo in his pants in front of everyone, however, ought to be unacceptable unless he has a colostomy bag.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]
SSS!
ETA: do you have access to a front-end loader?

ETA Again: Fuck it:
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This guy weighed like 900lbs, had the stomach surgery, comes back and shits in his chair everyday. This guy actually takes a dump in a diaper in his chair. We could all deal with it if he was trying to better himself, but he is back to eating all day everyday again, and could care less about his weight gain or fellow employees. Management threatened to send him home if he didn't clean up, the management that said that has since left the company. We now have a new director who could care less what we have to smell everyday.  The bad part is, this guy sits right at the entrance to our office, there is no escaping the stench. He only bathes once a week too.  There are about ten of us in this office, we are getting ready to make something happen, we just don't know what yet. This guy doesn't do anything productive either since he is chair bound.

Before he had the surgery, the Fire Department would not let him work down here, because if there was a fire, they could not get him up the stairs.

Don't take this the wrong way, I am not a mean person, but this guy will look you in the face a let out an extremely sloppy fart. He could care less.

Lots of people think stomach surgery is like magic! I won't want to overeat or eat unhealthy anymore!!!

The truth is that it does not work that way. A stapled stomach does not change someone's mind about lifestyle.

You are in a bad position, because the guy can claim discrimination if he is fired.

Taking a poo in his pants in front of everyone, however, ought to be unacceptable unless he has a colostomy bag.

i talked to the directors assistant, she is going to enlighten him to the situation. She knows exactly what it is like.  We will lead a department wide offensive if we do not get results soon.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
He might be just doing it to see how many he can annoy. You know like having a woopee cushion hidden in his pants, and hiding those nasty smelling stuff in everyones desks. Suggest he be promoted to customer greeter. Perhaps put him in charge of business development and give him a car to ride around in. Try putting chewable exlax in a chicklets box and leave it on his desk. Of course offering him some spoiled food is always good.

I'll try and think of some more ideas!!

Chinook3
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

i talked to the directors assistant, she is going to enlighten him to the situation. She knows exactly what it is like.  We will lead a department wide offensive if we do not get results soon.

Somehow, I can eventually foresee the lard-ass filing an ADA grievance or lawsuit.
Either that, or your employer will back down because of the prospect of an ADA grievance or lawsuit.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Your health plan at work probably paid for Lardo's stomach operation.  Let them know Lardo scammed them, never got the operation and split the insurance payment with the doctor.  Send recent photos for proof.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you have access to his food source?  I'd say load him up on fat and sugar.  Might not be able to tell he was dead for a few days, though.

ETA:  You can get Hep and other fun diseases from that shit, no shit.  Pics every day, and lawyer up.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Let me get this straight. You have a guy who onced weighed 900lbs, who only showers once a week, & shits in his pants everyday?? Where the fuck do you work? Nothing personal, i'm just really curious.

Must be a law firm.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]

err, I mean

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Contact OSHA and see if they can survey the area for noxious fumes.  I'm not kidding, this could be a serious health threat as far as you know.  You may think it just stinks, but I don't think you're really an expert.  There could be biological contamination that is a GRAVE, IMMEDIATE THREAT TO YOUR LIFE.  Most people don't know because they don't have to work somewhere that smells like a sewer.  Don't decide for yourself if it's safe, but unpleasant.  Get a large government organization to help you find out if you're at risk.  When in doubt, call a professional.  When annoyed, call a bureaocracy.

Contact HR (and EEOC if you're not a white male) and outline your concerns that the lack of concern about this issue shown by management represents a hostile work environment where everyone is being made to work in horrible conditions to pressure them to quit.  Be sure that you use the words "hostile work environment" when you contact these people.

I he cleans up after himself there is little that OSHA can do.
However If others are exposed his body fluids/ and or discharges. OSHA will step in as it is a violation of Blood Borne Pathogens Standards.
If this is the case notify the company that the possiblity of a lawsuit is there (don't use your ok)  under the BBP standard.
Take it from there
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let me get this straight. You have a guy who onced weighed 900lbs, who only showers once a week, & shits in his pants everyday?? Where the fuck do you work? Nothing personal, i'm just really curious.

that was pretty much my first thought. don't think i can imagine any environemnt supporting that.

Any Government union job

had a couple of corrections officers like that when i worked for the state
once you get your probabtion over takes a act of god to get rid of you
had one with bowel problems also had accidents on occasion

yep these were the people that were supposed to save my ass if some 6'5"  250lb  5% bodyfat
dude was kicking my ass
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]
OMG! I'm sitting within 15ft of that asshat right now. I was freaking out when you described your work area,  way too many aspects are similar. I work in a network conrol center located within a very large datacenter. Our lardass hasn't crapped himself, he just eats and chokes us out with his stench. We have been to HR repeatedly, they have warned him but he just acts like it's our problem. He has no personal hygiene, and just doesn't care how he looks or smells.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He will be dead soon..... THEN have fun with the stink.

Sorry bro.

To repulsive to get into.

Nightowl out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Talk to management and try and get it so you cannot eat in your offices and can only have water at your desk. If he keeps violating the rule thats grounds to fire him. Also if he cant eat there he may get up to go out and eat, take a shit while out and if he is gone enough to eat he may get fired for not doing his job or screwing the company for time (eating out of his cube while he should be working)

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#19]
When I was in 7th grade there was this fat semi-retarded kid with a known shitting problem who sat in the same seat I did in the period before me.  You could sometimes see him waddling around the school in oversize khaki pants with a greasy shit-stain in the back.  Every time I would come in there would be shit on my chair.  It would be an oily brown streak or an invisible yet horribly odiferous fecal residue.  So I would come to class early and switch out my desk with another one (let someone else sit there).  The teacher thought it was funny!  This worked fine for almost a month, but I ran out of desks to switch with.  Some people began to catch on at this point.  I ended up using the class set of history books (I sat on them).  Some other people followed my example.  Finally the teacher moved him to a different seat and I didn't have to worry about shit streaks on my chair anymore.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:30:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Three pages and not one recommendation for TANNERITE

What has become of this board..................???????????
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Somehow, I can eventually foresee the lard-ass filing an ADA grievance or lawsuit.
Either that, or your employer will back down because of the prospect of an ADA grievance or lawsuit.

Fear of litigation is a major factor in personnel decisions these days. For instance:

Someone who worked for us found a lost wallet. Rather than turn it in as it was, the person took the credit cards and bought a whole bunch of stuff ILLEGALLY.

Almost immediately the wallet's owner noticed that the cards were gone, and contacted the credit card company. The CC company saw the charges (over 1,000 dollar's worth, including an X-box, games, and more chinese food than ANYONE should eat) they immediately contacted the local police.

The police came to us with the CC company's report, and footage of our employee at Wal-Mart buying the X-box with the stolen credit cards.

Now if confronted with such evidence about an employee who used their position to facilitate their credit card fraud, what do you do as a manager?

Any sensible person would fire them without a second thought.

That was my first instinct. The decision, however, had to go to the Vice President level. Why??

Concerns about litigation.

Even when things appear clearcut, everyone is worried about being sued because that is how fudged up our legal system is.

It took weeks and several high level meetings to come to the EXACT same conclusion I came to ten seconds after the cops started telling me the story. Huge waste of time and resources simply because nobody wanted to get sued.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:33:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Shoot
Shovel Bulldoze
Shut up
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:40:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Are you serious that the guy actually shits in his pants ? Or are you just trying to illustate the point that the guy stinks like shit ?

If he actually shits his pants,I think the immediate area around his desk could be classified as a biohazard by OSHA.Feces has all kinds of diseases and if it leaks from his diapers,it could pose a health risk for other employees.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:02:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Are you serious that the guy actually shits in his pants ? Or are you just trying to illustate the point that the guy stinks like shit ?

If he actually shits his pants,I think the immediate area around his desk could be classified as a biohazard by OSHA.Feces has all kinds of diseases and if it leaks from his diapers,it could pose a health risk for other employees.

Good luck.

He shits in his pants! He wears the SAME size 2000 sweat pants everyday too.

I do not have any pics either.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Call HR on him.  Call OSHA on him for the hazmat issue.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#26]

+

+

leave it on his desk!

plus add a box of

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:31:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Poison him. No seriously, do it.

That or get all of the people who work around him to go to management together and say you're al going to quit if they don't either fire him or move him into his own office or something.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#28]
+1 to OSHA for the hazmat issue.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:35:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Play a CD of whale songs in another part of the building.  See if he migrates to it.  If he does, then harpoon him and sell the oil on Ebay.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:55:33 AM EDT
[#30]
This is a true story and it is funny.....

A guy i worked with for some reason unknown to God took to wearing dirty clothes. At the time, I worked in an office where we wore a shirt and tie every day. Anyway the guy was in the middle of a divorce and didn't want to wash his clothes. So...every night when he got home, he took off the shirt and hung it up to re use. Needless to say, he fucking reaked after about 2 days. The girls in my office delegated me to speak to he man. Here's me: " George, we need to talk. You stink and you have huge pit stains. Take a shower, wash your clothes and get some deodorant." Not much comment other than the explanation I've already given.

Few months later the guys sitting at his desk scratching his ankles. I kid with him about having fleas. Honest to god, he says, "Yeah I have fleas. The damn cat brought them in." He then tells me that he can see them jump when he walks through the house. This was in the summer time. He tells me he wears long sweats and socks to keep the bugs off. His plan was to wait for winter, turn off the heat, open the windows and freeze them all the death. I tried to speak to him about it but he got pissed off. So I spoke to our boss who 'ordered' him to get the friggin fleas killed properly before coming back to work and spreading them around at work. That took care of it.

True story.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck.

He shits in his pants! He wears the SAME size 2000 sweat pants everyday too.

I do not have any pics either.

Praise God.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#32]
We need an update on this situation
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#33]
update! + pics!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
We need an update on this situation

I have an email out to all parties who come into contact with this guy, just simply asking them to put their name on the email. Once this is done, we are going to petition the new director to move this guy to a different area.

We are in a union, so getting him fired is out of the question. When the fire department said he couldn't be down stairs last time, they moved him to his own little nook in a far off building. We are trying to make this happen again.

If we are shot down by the director, we are going to the fire department. one way or another, everyone is sick of his shit "literally"
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#35]
You are in what is called a "hostile" work environment. That is a legit complaint and should be relayed to the personnal dept. The next time he sharts his pants and reeks up the place, notify the personnal dept and LEAVE, claiming you are psyically sick from the stench.

They will have no choice but to deal with him. There will be standards of attire for the company along with all the other BS stuff. Get a copy of EVERYTHING from personnal and use them to your advantage. Document everything and follow the chain of command. If your boss could care less, go to his boss as it shows he is a POS himself.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top