Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
In for the final outcome.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope you find it, they will burrow.  Are there any slits or openings through the carpet it could have gone into?  also check up under the front seats..up in the spring seat area.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be buying a new car right about now
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If a snake gets anywhere near my truck, it ends up under the tires.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I hope you're an uber driver
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Update is I STILL haven't found it.  

Funny story is the very first thing I had to do at work was give a mentally unstable female a ride to the hospital.  She was hallucinating and claimed she was being bitten by ...........wait for it......SNAKES!!  

She said a "Black Mamba" bit her.  Obviously no snake really bit her, but in her mind they were everywhere.  I didn't tell her about the possibility that a snake might be in the same car with her for the 30 minute trip.  Thankfully, it didn't come out with her in there.  This girl was out there.  Took all her clothes off at the hospital thinking there were "baby rattlers" in her clothes.

So still no snake.  And it has ALL KINDS of little nooks and crannies it can be hiding in.  No telling if I will EVER find it now....
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps you should rethink that whole keeping snakes?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#8]
LEO?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Kentucky?  Keeps snakes?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Throw a box of spiders in the car, that will fix everything.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update is I STILL haven't found it.  

Funny story is the very first thing I had to do at work was give a mentally unstable female a ride to the hospital.  She was hallucinating and claimed she was being bitten by ...........wait for it......SNAKES!!  

She said a "Black Mamba" bit her.  Obviously no snake really bit her, but in her mind they were everywhere.  I didn't tell her about the possibility that a snake might be in the same car with her for the 30 minute trip.  Thankfully, it didn't come out with her in there.  This girl was out there.  Took all her clothes off at the hospital thinking there were "baby rattlers" in her clothes.

So still no snake.  And it has ALL KINDS of little nooks and crannies it can be hiding in.  No telling if I will EVER find it now....
View Quote

Pics of female?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#12]
You DO realize you don't transport snakes in boxes, right?  You put them in pillowcases and tie the opening shut.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
LEO?
View Quote

I like to refer to myself as an "immediate responding marriage counselor"
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You DO realize you don't transport snakes in boxes, right?  You put them in pillowcases and tie the opening shut.
View Quote

I know how to transport them.  I had the one I traded in a deli cup.  The ones I picked up were in some Tupperware container that wouldn't shut all the way.  I didn't realize it until they were gone.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I know how to transport them.  I had the one I traded in a deli cup.  The ones I picked up were in some Tupperware container that wouldn't shut all the way.  I didn't realize it until they were gone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure about that?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#16]
UPDATE:

For anyone that cares, I finally found it.  A full week later and after my car was in the hot sun all week it was obvious from the smell that it had died.  The smell was bad enough that I HAD to start taking things apart to find it.  Finally found it way up under the driver's side floorboard.  After a good deep cleaning and sanitizing I hope to have the car back together by tomorrow.  GROSS!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:36:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
UPDATE:

For anyone that cares, I finally found it.  A full week later and after my car was in the hot sun all week it was obvious from the smell that it had died.  The smell was bad enough that I HAD to start taking things apart to find it.  Finally found it way up under the driver's side floorboard.  After a good deep cleaning and sanitizing I hope to have the car back together by tomorrow.  GROSS!!
View Quote

Well, at least you dont have to burn your car now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:38:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Must now nuke the car.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Eggs.....there could always be eggs. Burn it to be sure, its the only way OP.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lol, I lost one in a rental car once.  
View Quote

IIRC you take photos of venomous reptiles and have been involved in ?researching? them.

What kind of snake did you "lose" in said vehicle?

Rental Agency?

Make, model, color of vehicle?

Got the VIN by chance?

OH LAWDY.  Why did it have to be SNAKES????
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Just because you think snakes are cool it doesn't mean you should keep them as pets.

I used to sneak'em into my house in my shirt as a kid but then...

I grew up and realized some things are best left where they belong.

This kind of thinking got the "exotic" snake problem started in Florida.

Now KY will be all screwed up. Oh, wait, never mind...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Sorry to read about your pet. Next time this happen get pulled over and tell the officer, nervously, that there isn't any drugs in the car, none at all. The kind officers who show up will find the snake for you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#24]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^HA HA!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sorry to read about your pet. Next time this happen get pulled over and tell the officer, nervously, that there isn't any drugs in the car, none at all. The kind officers who show up will find the snake for you.
View Quote

Only he is a cop and it was in his patrol car. So I think that is like dividing by zero. but that also means he could come home and shoot his own dog.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#26]
You should buy a motorcycle.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#27]

In your car? Hell, I've got a python loose in my jeans.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You should buy a motorcycle.

https://youtu.be/l8rxJRsINU4
View Quote

How original....
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Waste of a perfectly good pair of boots.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Only he is a cop and it was in his patrol car. So I think that is like dividing by zero. but that also means he could come home and shoot his own dog.
View Quote

Wait. What??
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#31]
If only you would have bought a Mongoose and let it roam about your car, then the snake wouldn't have died under the dash.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the update OP.  I was wondering how this would turn out and if something more dramatic would happen.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Mouse in a cage and heat lamp tonight or even now if cool out.

Thats how we caught a 5 footer that escaped in my wifes van.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#34]
OP, you might want to edit your title. Or you're going to get more 'title-only' readers chipping in with helpful suggestions on rescuing your (now deceased) snake.

Or the inevitable "What round for zombie..." discussion.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can get out of pillow cases and snake bags, you really need double containment to make sure they don't go on any unauthorized slithers.  Mine go into a bag and then the bag goes into a Sterilite latch box style tub.

The only ones that travel in just a tub are the adult retics, but a 10 foot or larger snake isn't going to hide under the car seat very easily.

Quoted:
UPDATE:

RIP.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Ranger Monroe, is that you?!

Anyone else remember that thread?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ranger Monroe, is that you?!

Anyone else remember that thread?
View Quote

And beware. The image of the (bitten?) leg is ... not pleasant. Graphic Warning in place.
(not rangermonroe's leg, as far as I can tell.)
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#38]
This guy was hidden in the panels of my trunk. He left me a present in the back seat.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top