Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I honestly thought you were going to show this abortion:  gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=58556990

Okay, now that's seriously fucked up.

Yeah, but does it WORK?
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The HK G11 was pretty wierd too

It was supposed to be an assault rifle that could fire caseless ammo...

Seen something on those on the history channel.  They are sweet.  Also have ground fired stuff to, shoots fast, really fast

They were also in Delta Force: Task Force Dagger (I think)  (PC Game if ya didnt know)
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Try the Webley-Foster Self-Cocking Revolver:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Webley-Fosbery_Self-cocking_Revolver.jpg

A highly unusual example of an "Automatic Revolver", the Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver was produced between 1900 and 1915, and available in both a six-shot .455 Webley version, and an eight-shot .38 ACP (not to be confused with .380 ACP) version. Unusual for a revolver, the Webley-Fosbery had a safety catch, and the light trigger pull, solid design, and reputation for accuracy ensured that the Webley-Fosbery remained popular with target shooters long after production had finished.

From Wikipedia.

Get a mateba

www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Mateba_Model_6.htm

Local shop has one right now. .44 mag target model.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
KRISS Super V Sub-machine gun

Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
That ones kinda neat...any more info on the KRISS?
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]

A .22 AND .38 in one
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Neostead.  Still hoping they will make them happen some day.

Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mateba

www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Mateba_Model_6.jpg

I didn't realize those were real.  That's the gun Togusa uses in Ghost in the Shell.

62.233.40.83/0/09/32/16/sac3-1024.jpg

Yup, they're real. Come chambered in .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and .454 Casull. 4", 6", and 8" barrels that you can easily swap out on your revolver to alter the length depending on what you want to use it for. They also come in a carbine, which is just the revolver with a butt stock and a 16" barrel with a foregrip.

They're really hard to find though, and cost about a grand, minimum. Gunbroker usually has one or two for sale.

Why don't more revolvers put the barrel on the bottom?  Sounds like a good idea to me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That ones kinda neat...any more info on the KRISS?

www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=784
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Neostead.  Still hoping they will make them happen some day.

users.iafrica.com/n/nj/njj741t/images/eyes.jpg

users.iafrica.com/n/nj/njj741t/images/granite.jpg

That's not bizarre, that's ingenius. I'd definitely get one if they ever produced them in the US or imported them for a reasonable price.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mateba

www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Mateba_Model_6.jpg

I didn't realize those were real.  That's the gun Togusa uses in Ghost in the Shell.

62.233.40.83/0/09/32/16/sac3-1024.jpg

Yup, they're real. Come chambered in .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and .454 Casull. 4", 6", and 8" barrels that you can easily swap out on your revolver to alter the length depending on what you want to use it for. They also come in a carbine, which is just the revolver with a butt stock and a 16" barrel with a foregrip.

They're really hard to find though, and cost about a grand, minimum. Gunbroker usually has one or two for sale.

Why don't more revolvers put the barrel on the bottom?  Sounds like a good idea to me.

Several reasons. Tradition and ease of manufacture for one. To make a revolver with a barrel aligned with the lower chamber, you have to totally redo the frame, the hammer has to be redesigned, etc.

I'm sure it does reduce felt recoil and make the gun more accurate on point-and-shoot.

Besides the Mateba, the only other revolver I've seen with the barrel aligned with the bottom chamber is some Russian revolver chambered for 9mm Makarov. I know there are others, but I have no knowledge of them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
www.blackpropaganda.net/misc/chauchat3.jpg

The infamous French "ChauShit" from WWI era...

A friend of mine got hit by shrapnel from one of those blowing up at a machine gun shoot years ago
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.blackpropaganda.net/misc/chauchat3.jpg

The infamous French "ChauShit" from WWI era...

A friend of mine got hit by shrapnel from one of those blowing up at a machine gun shoot years ago

So the French beat the Austrians to the punch and invented the Glock first?
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
A .22 AND .38 in one

I probably awake the neigbours by laughing that loud...
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you want to see f'ed up, check out the bolt action double rifles that Szecsei & Fuchs builds.

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/indexhtml.php?main=buechsen&nummer=szecsei&lang=eng

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/images/guns/szecsei/waffe.jpg

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/images/guns/szecsei/detail1.jpg

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/images/guns/szecsei/detail2.jpg

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/images/guns/szecsei/detail3.jpg

How the hell does THAT work

Does it load two cartrdiges with one throw of the bolt

Yeah, one throw of the bolt reloads both barrels. Capacity is 6 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 3:41:58 AM EDT
[#17]
This is the weirdest one that I own.

The first "Glock". It's a Roth Steyr M1907. No safety and double action for every shot.

This was the first semi-auto pistol adopted by a major military force. It was used by the Hungarian Cavalry.

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 3:55:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What about this little gem.

Knife, Brass knuckles and barrel-less revolver all in one.
It can of course be folding up into a convient size for carrying in the pocket, as any bizarre weapon should be able to do!

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-8/1064265/Dolne-2225-c.jpg

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-8/1064265/1578-d.jpg

OK,
I want one of those!
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 4:42:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 5:04:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
God Save you, but your hand would take a beating with a bore axis that far above the web of your palm.

Steyr designed some weird, weird guns. They still do.

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/m9.jpg

my wife carries one of these.

VERY reliable and VERY acurate.

Haven't you gotten her a Five-seveN yet?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
God Save you, but your hand would take a beating with a bore axis that far above the web of your palm.

Steyr designed some weird, weird guns. They still do.

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/m9.jpg

my wife carries one of these.

VERY reliable and VERY acurate.

Haven't you gotten her a Five-seveN yet?

ByteTheBullet  (-:

He was going to, but had to take it back to the gun store. He has to drive past a school on the way home and the Five-seveN kept leaping out of its case and charging towards the playground, snarling and foaming at the bore.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I honestly thought you were going to show this abortion:  gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=58556990

$1,599 minimum bid.

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The first "Glock". It's a Roth Steyr M1907. No safety and double action for every shot.

This was the first semi-auto pistol adopted by a major military force. It was used by the Hungarian Cavalry.

members.roadfly.com/agent7/guns/roth_steyr_1.jpg

members.roadfly.com/agent7/guns/roth_steyr_2.jpg

members.roadfly.com/agent7/guns/roth_steyr_4.jpg

members.roadfly.com/agent7/guns/roth_steyr_3.jpg

I was going to name this one, but I couldn't remember the Roth part. I knew it was something-Steyr.  Interesting weapon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You want bizarre?

you got it.....  

i10.tinypic.com/2iaph5s.jpg

What the hell is that?

Pribor3B 7.62x39, it was the Soviet's answer to the US's project 'SALVO'.

I'm impressed.......you are the gun pic god!!!! I had heard of it but never saw a picture of one.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/Nightdriver/cvr.gif
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/Nightdriver/pg1.gif
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/Nightdriver/pg2.gif

A .22 AND .38 in one

I think a board member invented that weapon........funny I can't remember his name though  
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Ever shoot it?
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever shoot it?

Yes, I have shot it once. I was able to find a few boxes of original ammo (8mm Steyr) for about $45 per box. I took one box to the range and it would fire 3 or 4 rounds perfectly, and then I would come across a weak round which caused the gun to jam. The ammo was pretty old I guess. As long as the ammo was good, it shot surprisingly well, and was pretty damn accurate at the 10 yard target I was shooting at.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever shoot it?

Yes, I have shot it once. I was able to find a few boxes of original ammo (8mm Steyr) for about $45 per box. I took one box to the range and it would fire 3 or 4 rounds perfectly, and then I would come across a weak round which caused the gun to jam. The ammo was pretty old I guess. As long as the ammo was good, it shot surprisingly well, and was pretty damn accurate at the 10 yard target I was shooting at.

Cool

I love these old designs for guns and always wonder it they shoot well or not.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A .22 AND .38 in one

I think a board member invented that weapon........funny I can't remember his name though  

It's from a Guns & Ammo magazine from June 1975.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#32]
No one posted the Jackhammer

or the Gyrojet

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Potato Digger...

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A .22 AND .38 in one

Didn't Mail Call deal with a muuuuch earlier revolver that had a single 15guage chamber under the regular revolver barrel.  the hammer was wicked.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A .22 AND .38 in one

I know I use to have the issue........just trying to make a Imbro joke
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Didn't Mail Call deal with a muuuuch earlier revolver that had a single 15guage chamber under the regular revolver barrel.  the hammer was wicked.

i believe you are thinking of the le mat
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Lemat

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to name this one, but I couldn't remember the Roth part. I knew it was something-Steyr.  Interesting weapon.

Saw several of those at the last gun show I attended. Most expensive one was in the $300 range, and one that didn't have any finish left was going for a little under $200. Supposedly they all functioned, but I didn't inspect any of them.

I figured they'd go for a LOT more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Interesting thread I brought back to life from page 100!

You're welcome

Balming
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Yes, it's real.

img147.imageshack.us/img147/8461/steyrmanngf6.jpg

"Steyr Mannlicher M1894 - This earliest Mannlicher pistol was designed to be self loading and to use a special rimmed cartridge in 6.5mm caliber. The design represented an entirely new utilization of mechanical principles in automatic action called "blow-forward action". In the standard type of automatic action for low powered cartridges, the recoil (or blow-back) is utilized to drive back a moveable breech face or block, Mannlicher utilized the principle of a rigid standing breech with the barrel blowing forward to extract, eject, and prepare for reloading. The blow-forward principle is unique and has been utilized in very few firearms. This is a very rare gun as it has an attachment for a shoulder stock. "

I saw a weapon similiar to this in the hadji bizarre here in taji, except it fired either a 37 or 40 mm shell.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#43]
4 pages, and not a single pic of a "sporterized" (ie: ruined) Garand.

You guys are slipping something awful.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Coincidence? I think not!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Try the Webley-Foster Self-Cocking Revolver:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Webley-Fosbery_Self-cocking_Revolver.jpg

A highly unusual example of an "Automatic Revolver", the Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver was produced between 1900 and 1915, and available in both a six-shot .455 Webley version, and an eight-shot .38 ACP (not to be confused with .380 ACP) version. Unusual for a revolver, the Webley-Fosbery had a safety catch, and the light trigger pull, solid design, and reputation for accuracy ensured that the Webley-Fosbery remained popular with target shooters long after production had finished.

From Wikipedia.

Get a mateba

www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Mateba_Model_6.htm

Local shop has one right now. .44 mag target model.

What shop???  Detroit area by chance?

No Expert
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you want to see f'ed up, check out the bolt action double rifles that Szecsei & Fuchs builds.

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/indexhtml.php?main=buechsen&nummer=szecsei&lang=eng

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/images/guns/szecsei/waffe.jpg

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/images/guns/szecsei/detail1.jpg

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/images/guns/szecsei/detail2.jpg

www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/images/guns/szecsei/detail3.jpg

How the hell does THAT work

Does it load two cartrdiges with one throw of the bolt

Imagine you had two Mausers side by side.  Well, they built a wide-body gun like that.  One bolt throw operated two bolts, drawing safari cartridges from twin magazines, into twin chambers and twin barrels.  And two triggers with two seperate locks.  So it's a sight plane and double triggers like a double rifle, and then you can reload both barrels like a bolt action.  In theory at least, but at the price of those guns I would hope it works.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you talking about the classic LeMat?
(IIRC nine .42 chambers in a cylinder that revolved around a single .63 barrel under the .42 barrel...)

The LeMat was .44-cal nine-shot revolver, with a single .410 barrel underneath.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Lemat

Didn't Johnny Ringo use one of these? Remember his opening Scene? Six rounds in a circle and then he'd shoot the .410 through its center.

<Singing>Ringoooo, Johnny Ringo... yada yada, etc....
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i rememeber at least once it was referred to as a 9mm on the show.  hmmm...

I've never seen the show.  Only saw the movie.  It doesn't give any info other than the name and the fact that it's a revolver.  I did notice that the barrel lined up with the bottom of the cylinder rather than the top.  I thought it was a neat-looking design, but I thought it was invented for the movie or comic series.

I highly suggest the show. It's quite good. There's some Sig 552s in there.

Some of the gun choices are odd, but very well done. Never figured out why everybody else in 9 carries what's apparently a CZ100. Then again, never quite figured out how a Jericho 941 got into Bebop.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top