Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
what kind of gun was that ??
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

damn, someone just had to go there, damn.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Waingro should have died on the runway area, shotgun to head.

Neil should have gotten away clean.  That would be a better ending.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Waingro should have died on the runway area, shotgun to head.

Neil should have gotten away clean.  That would be a better ending.

Michael Mann is probably a basically moral guy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Waingro needed a NORK morter called in on his position.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
She has a great ass, and you've got your head all the way up in it.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Every time I see an Allstate commercial with that guy, I think... dude, you're dead - stay dead.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Every time I see an Allstate commercial with that guy, I think... dude, you're dead - stay dead.

That guy has a great voice though. Yes the gun is an FN Sporter, sorta like a 5.56 scaled down FAL. By the way, a hockey mask, paramedic jumpsuit, tactical vest and a FAL sure would make a bad ass Halloween costume hey ?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're in time out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn't Sizemore's character use the term 'sport' when referring to people and they were able to track that detail to get to the crew?

Chris
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Somebody had to introduce Waingro to the crew. If you can ID Waingro's body you might be able to ID the boss who might be able to connect it to the crew

Unless McCauley used a cut out to locate a temp?  For the most part, he took his opsec pretty seriously.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Didn't Sizemore's character use the term 'sport' when referring to people and they were able to track that detail to get to the crew?

Chris

"Slick"
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

C'mon....he's pretty tough.
He's a Delta Force trained SEAL, y'know.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's Army, not navy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

A Heat Gun, of course - mine looks similar to this, and is in the 1500 Watt range.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was reachin' for his piece.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Waingro was a total unknown, who they found out quick made very bad decisions.

They should have killed him at the restaurant, before they went in.

Hell they should have killed him at the rip off of the armored car, even if they had to drag and dispose of his corpse.

Pop him in the ambulance when they incinerate it.

Negative Ghostrider.

Leaving him in the burning ambulance leaves behind a corpse which can be identified through DNA.

DNA leads to an identity which then leads back to known associates.

No - he needed to be popped in a way completely unrelated to the original crime.

They screwed up in bringing him to a public place for the meeting.  Someone should have just taken him for a ride for a briefing on the next job.

Along the way, he gets an icepick to the base of the skull ala' Goodfellas.

The old moniker SSS comes to mind.

That said, he *seemed* to be a random pickup. I forget how he was linked but it was loosely. At that point, I don't think it matters. You can leave him at the scene but with the napalm you may not have any discernable evidence left. Given that it's LA I wouldn't worry about it getting through the crime lab backlog in the next decade either.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's Army, not navy.

But, he was also "Chief" in "Navy SEALS".  Charlie Sheen got him killed.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's Army, not navy.

He was pissed because Chief couldn't hit a curve ball for shit.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's Army, not navy.

Pleasssse, don't even mention that dreck in a thread about heat.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

"Slick"

You're right, thanks.

Chris

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's Army, not navy.

Pleasssse, don't even mention that dreck in a thread about heat.

My bad
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Any guy who asks for a soda refill, then walks away - is probably a jerk.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

"Slick"

You're right, thanks.

Chris

You can redeem yourself:

"Fill in the blank told me to come see you, that is why I'm here."
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Q: What did Neil make Waingro do, before he shot him?

A: ?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Look him in the eye.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look him in the eye.

Yes.  

How many shots?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Look him in the eye.

Yes.  

How many shots?

been a while, I guess I could go over get it off the shelf and load it but I don't feel like it, but I would say three double to the chest one to the head.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So why not just go ahead and smoke check Waingro at the armor car scene?

It leaves a body, which can probably be identified and then they'll be asking who was hanging with him before the robbery.

It wouldn't have hurt McCauley to be nice to him in the diner before he put a bullet into his head outside. Better yet, tell Waingro they're doing the split someplace remote.

Also note that McCauley spotted the shotgun at the front desk as he went into the hotel. He knew there were cops there. He should have taken off as soon as he saw the heat.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Q: Why was Charlene (Ashley Judd) going to leave Chris (Val Kilmer)?

A:

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look him in the eye.

Yes.  

How many shots?

been a while, I guess I could go over get it off the shelf and load it but I don't feel like it, but I would say three double to the chest one to the head.

2 to the chest... then 1 to the head.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Chris

"Slick".

Waingro got Mozambique Triple Tapped.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Look him in the eye.

Yes.  

How many shots?

been a while, I guess I could go over get it off the shelf and load it but I don't feel like it, but I would say three, double to the chest one to the head.

I guess I was correct.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#34]
We want to hurt no one. We're here for the bank's money not your money, your money is insured by the federal government you're not going to lose a dime. Think of your families, don't risk your life, don't try to be a hero. Right now I want you to sit on the floor and put your hands on your head. Anybody feel sick, anybody got heart trouble, go ahead and lean against the wall.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We want to hurt no one. We're here for the banks money not your money, your money is insured by the federal government you're not going to lose a dime. Think of your families, don't risk your life, don't try to be a hero. Right now I want you to sit on the floor and put your hands on your head. Anybody feel sick, anybody got heart trouble, go ahead and lean against the wall.

then he promptly beats the manager.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

A Heat Gun, of course - mine looks similar to this, and is in the 1500 Watt range.

http://www.carpettool.net/751_cmyk.jpg

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look him in the eye.

Yes.  

How many shots?

been a while, I guess I could go over get it off the shelf and load it but I don't feel like it, but I would say three, double to the chest one to the head.

I guess I was correct.

Exactly.

My reply was to show you being correct, and add a bit of timing.

There was gurgling after the first two shots - Neil wanted Waingro to know he was dieing, then the last shot to the head was for Neil to know for sure Waingro was dead.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We want to hurt no one. We're here for the banks money not your money, your money is insured by the federal government you're not going to lose a dime. Think of your families, don't risk your life, don't try to be a hero. Right now I want you to sit on the floor and put your hands on your head. Anybody feel sick, anybody got heart trouble, go ahead and lean against the wall.

then he promptly beats the manager.

Keys! Keys!
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Any guy who asks for a soda refill, then walks away - is probably a jerk.

If you listen closely, I think he asked for another refill.  He was probably there all afternoon hounding that guy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You can leave him at the scene but with the napalm you may not have any discernable evidence left. Given that it's LA I wouldn't worry about it getting through the crime lab backlog in the next decade either.

A multiple homicide armed robbery on the street gets attention. Does this look like gangbangers knocking over the neighborhood 7/11?

Anyway, even a burned body has dental evidence and pre-DNA body identification techniques, plus things like the gear he was wearing.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Waingro was a total unknown, who they found out quick made very bad decisions.

They should have killed him at the restaurant, before they went in.

They should have dropped him after they finished off the guards. He turned a smash and grab into a bloodbath killing him leaves him as a fallguy and ties up a lose end.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also remember they used the Allstate guy they picked up from the diner when the other guy was being tailed by the cops....and this, there biggest job ever.  Sounds like they didn't mind using last-minute stand-ins that had done time///

Right, but you could tell by the diner scene that President Palmer and Neil had history.  They went way back, without a doubt.

I wonder if they were in Delta force together.

(IIRC, In the script, Neil and his crew were thought to have military background which explained how they were able to maneuver during the bank shootout scene)
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#43]
But you do not get to watch my fucking television set.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because you don't know what Waingro told someone else about the job, if he left descriptions of the other dudes with a girlfriend etc.  You don't leave the body of your partner at the scene.  Do your homework, make a plan, and execute the plan.

They did fuck up the hit for a group of pros tho.  Big time.

But....Waingro hadn't met the crew until the armored car hit.
He was a last minute replacement for another guy. he was not tied to the crew hadn't met them before

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
McCauleys operation, why didn't he assume the possibility that Waingro may have been under surveillance?  I think that we can all agree that McCauley's decisions had been spot on up to that point.

In retrospect, Waingro's actions were justified. McCauley had to have known that shit happens when you run a wrecker into an armored car.

Because crooks are easy to track dead robber on scene would make it real easy to track down the crew.  It's a relatively small group of people committing certain types of crimes in cities.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Also remember they used the Allstate guy they picked up from the diner when the other guy was being tailed by the cops....and this, there biggest job ever.  Sounds like they didn't mind using last-minute stand-ins that had done time///

McCauley had worked with him before he was a getaway driver . Allstate just got outta the joint hence the short order cook gig because he was on parole.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I always figured they picked up waingro from  a third party.   I figured Jon Voights character  introduced him to the crew when they needed one more man to pull off the plan
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Q: Why was Charlene (Ashley Judd) going to leave Chris (Val Kilmer)?

A:

Not enough steaks in the freezer...
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Look him in the eye.

Yes.  

How many shots?

I guess I was correct.

Exactly.

My reply was to show you being correct, and add a bit of timing.

There was gurgling after the first two shots - Neil wanted Waingro to know he was dieing, then the last shot to the head was for Neil to know for sure Waingro was dead.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Are you doubting Waingro's necessity to get it on?

Holy shit, post of the year.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top