User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The tiger would win quickly. It is a killing machine. No fucking leaves,fruits or nuts for a tiger, just blood and guts.

Now a grizzly vs a gorilla, there you have some controversy.

No way, a grizzly would easily kill the gorilla, and probably the tiger too, they have claws that are worse than a cat.  

This is true historically. The Romans would pit 4 lions against a bear as "part of the show" in the gladiator days and the bear always won.

A tiger would probably destroy a lion, though.  Lion's are over-rated.

Bears are impressive killing machines either way.  My money would be on a grizzly against a tiger.

I'd take a grizzly to kill just about any comer on the planet, heads up. Only a bigger polar bear would give me pause.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Tiger......now if it was a bigfoot..........well the squatch of course.........especially the bionic version from the 6 million dollar man
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread is now about Grizzly Bears. Or this:

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
What about a Gorilla v. Liger?  

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
coc
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#6]
i never heard of a movie called "planet of the tigers"....
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#8]
the Tiger's first blow/bite would make a big difference, but big cats didn't evolve to where they are in the food chain by missing their mark
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
my brother (biology major) saw a big male gorilla get pissed off and crush a fully-inflated basketball between it's hands.
a big chimp is 5-6 times stronger than a man; a gorilla is 3 times the weigh of a big chimp.
gorilla has two hands and a face full of fangs, plus primate endurance.

a properly motivated gorilla could literally rip a tiger in half, given the right circumstances.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
my brother (biology major) saw a big male gorilla get pissed off and crush a fully-inflated basketball between it's hands.
a big chimp is 5-6 times stronger than a man; a gorilla is 3 times the weigh of a big chimp.

a properly motivated gorilla could literally rip a tiger in half, given the right circumstances.

But a tiger won't just sit there like a purring cat waiting to decide whether the gorilla is going to pet him or rip him in half.
The silverback fights to show dominance and get laid. The tiger fights to kill and put food on the table.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll change my animal of choice to a grizzly. you guys are right about the gorilla probably being defeated. I just thought because they are ridiculously strong it would make a difference. we'll see what they decide to replace tiger with haha
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Panthers kill Gorillas.

Thats all you need to know as to whether a tiger could do it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#13]
for all you guys posting coc, what code am i violating?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Tiger.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think you missed some post deletions there, tiger.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
where is the video

I had big hopes for a video.....

This is what I clicked for
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Friend and I were talking about the same kind of stuff last night.

How about a male grizzly bear vs. male lion?

not too sure on the lion, but the Grizzly will pure make a buffalo cry

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you missed some post deletions there, tiger.

Right you are. I'm new to this whole forum thing and wasn't paying attention. Sorry
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#19]
If it was a smaller cat say cheetah or leopard, I would say Gorilla, but a Lion or a Tiger would completely fuck a Gorilla up.  

Gorilla weighs up to 400 lbs (400 lbs would be a really damn big gorilla, they are pretty close to humans weight wise)

Lion up to 450 lbs
Tiger up to 570 lbs!

Either a Tiger or Lion could easily knock a Silverback down and bite his jugular, fight over.  

I've never been in contact with a tiger, but I've been close to an adult male lion (he was anesthetized), and I remember his paw being as large as a good sized dinner plate, and claws being about the size of a finger.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#20]
The tiger...and it wouldn't even be close. 999 out of 1000. Tiger vs. lion...I'd say 50/50.  Tiger vs. Grizzly...Grizzly 8 out of 10.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The top weight of a gorilla is 450 lbs.  the top weight if a Bengal tiger is about
500-550 lbs.  if they were both at top weight and males, barring a surprise attack,
both would die.  The tigers claws would rip the flesh of the gorilla, and the blows
of the gorilla would shatter the tigers bones.  Both have large canines, so both
bites would be about equal.  I give it to the tiger to win, but it would eventually
die a short time after the altercation.
Just a side note: leopards have been known to kill gorillas.

Top weight for a captive Gorrilla was 638 lbs.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

As strong as a gorilla is, I think the cat would shred it.

How many times have you surrendered while playing with a kitten that has razor sharp claws?

Knowing full well that I could kill it in a second?

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

and, "In 1924 "Boma" a 165Lbs male chimp at the Bronx zoo, New York, recorded a right handed pull (feet braced) of 847 Lbs on a dynamometer.(the comparison given is 210Lbs for a man of the same weight). On another occasion, "Suzette" registered a pull of 1260 Lbs  while in a rage (same zoo)."

I don't see a tiger having 1 hit KO ability. I do see a gorilla pulling pieces of the tiger off.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But a tiger won't just sit there like a purring cat waiting to decide whether the gorilla is going to pet him or rip him in half.
The silverback fights to show dominance and get laid. The tiger fights to kill and put food on the table.

Every Creature fights to survive, and like other omnivores (Bears) nature did not make them big and strong soleley so that they could get laid. IT occurred because being big and strong enabled thier ancestors to survive and reproduce.

Evolution presupposes conflict.

Gorillas evolved in an environment with Big Cats, more then likely ther evolution to a position of great size and strength helped somewhat in that regard.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think it all really depends on whether the tiger gets the drop on the gorilla, tigers are masters of stealth attacks.  If the gorilla sees the tiger coming I think it may be another matter all together.

I'm going with this.

If the gorilla is unaware that the festivities are about to begin, he's fucked.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#26]
My money is on the tiger, no question about it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#27]
If it's say some sort of strange happening in the wild and the tiger say stalks and pounces on the gorilla the gorilla is in trouble.  If it was a situation where the gorilla knows the tiger is coming that's a different story.  

Big cats use their hook shaped claws to hold on to prey then deliver a killing bite to the neck/throat.  The X factor that the gorilla brings to the fight are opposable thumbs.  If the cat doesn't get a very disabling or killer blow in quickly, the gorilla can grab hold of the cat and start breaking stuff.  The other thing is gorilla's don't have a whole lot of neck/throat area, so maybe it would be harder to get a killing bite in.

I'm torn, even if the gorilla throws the cat off, the cat should land and recover quickly allowing it to continue the attack.

I'm gonna say the tiger wins most often, but if things don't go it's way at the beginning of the attack it's barely limping away or going to lose to the gorilla.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
A gorilla, easily.

If they are both aware, head-to-head, then the cat loses its best weapon: surprise.

A gorilla doesn't need to bite, he just needs to get a piece of the tiger and rip it apart.

Strength is not even close on this one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The tiger would win quickly. It is a killing machine. No fucking leaves,fruits or nuts for a tiger, just blood and guts.

Not if you are talking to a smart person.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No way, a grizzly would easily kill the gorilla, and probably the tiger too, they have claws that are worse than a cat.  

This is true historically. The Romans would pit 4 lions against a bear as "part of the show" in the gladiator days and the bear always won.

And that wasn't a North American Brown Bear.  Which is better, for the idiots out there.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

A tiger would probably destroy a lion, though.  Lion's are over-rated.

Bears are impressive killing machines either way.  My money would be on a grizzly against a tiger.

I'd take a grizzly to kill just about any comer on the planet, heads up. Only a bigger polar bear would give me pause.

Nope, elephant kills grizz, if he cares enough to engage.
Easily.

It is thus:

Elephant>Brown Bear>Tiger>Lion>Gorilla.

Not some of the time, not most of the time.  These are all of the time, every time, if we are talking healthy adults in anything approaching a normal scenario.  (Sleeping tiger in gimp mask loses to Lion doesn't count.)

Anything else is just stupid kids being fanbois.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#32]
The tiger owns this one.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#33]
OP, you can test the theory on how a tiger would do with a wild alley cat.

First capture crazy ass alley cat and put in cage. Alley cat represents the tiger and you will represent the gorilla. Go into closet with cage and glass of water, pour water on cat through cage, turn lights out and open cage door. Whomever walks out beading the most is clearly the looser

My vote, is alley cat would shred your ass into a pile of screaming girl so tiger wins.

NEXT!
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
where is the video

yeah man. WTF. Blue ballin sumbitch.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A gorilla, easily.

If they are both aware, head-to-head, then the cat loses its best weapon: surprise.

A gorilla doesn't need to bite, he just needs to get a piece of the tiger and rip it apart.

Strength is not even close on this one.

I'm not sure why people are assuming a gorilla is stronger than a tiger.  Tigers are pretty goddamn strong afaik.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

First capture crazy ass alley cat and put in cage. Alley cat represents the tiger and you will represent the gorilla. Go into closet with cage and glass of water, pour water on cat through cage, turn lights out and open cage door. Whomever walks out beading the most is clearly the looser

My vote, is alley cat would shred your ass into a pile of screaming girl so tiger wins.

NEXT!

Whoever. Subjective, not objective.

Bleeding.  Beading is '70s hippy stuff.

Loser.  How tight or loose anyone is does not enter the equation.
English motherfucker, do you speak it?

ETA:
Yes, I guess I am a no-life grammar Nazi. At least I know how to write and such.

Kids these days,  sheesh...
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:21:35 AM EDT
[#37]
The answer is that a tiger would win if it is able to successfully surprise the gorilla and end the fight with the first attack. Otherwise, it would either retreat or die.

Honey badger destroys them both anyway. It doesn't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:31:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Going with a Tiger. Watched a documentary where some guy followed a tigress for 13 years and captured an incident with a new male in her territory. When they met up and got into it, it seemed like the video was put on fast forward about 3x-5x normal speed. Never seen a gorilla move that fast, so yeah Tiger FTW.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#40]

The gorilla manages to beat a cat half its weight, when he knows it's there.

Now, imagine a cat twice its weight, sneaking in without warning.
Yeah, short fight. The tiger would be Ronda Rousey to the gorilla's Meisha Tate.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

NEXT!

hahahahahaha
I'm talking a face to face deathmatch. no element of surprise. if it's dark i can't see and the cat is at full advantage. it does sound like quite an adventure though
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:54:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
c) T- Rex kills both.

This is a pretty fun read:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Interspecies-Conflict-3754/2012/11/gorilla-fight.htm

t-rex can't pick his nose or beat off. fail
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The answer is that a tiger would win if it is able to successfully surprise the gorilla and end the fight with the first attack. Otherwise, it would either retreat or die.

Honey badger destroys them both anyway. It doesn't give a fuck.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/whoathebliss/314417_10151685506769119_1754830931_n.jpg
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Tiger all day, any day.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A grizzly bear would defeat a tiger. No sense in pitting it against the gorilla.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:09:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Easily.

It is thus:

Not some of the time, not most of the time.  These are all of the time, every time, if we are talking healthy adults in anything approaching a normal scenario.  (Sleeping tiger in gimp mask loses to Lion doesn't count.)

This is how I see it:

Elephant>Hippo>Polar Bear>Brown Bear>Tiger>Lion>Gorilla.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
c) T- Rex kills both.

This is a pretty fun read:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Interspecies-Conflict-3754/2012/11/gorilla-fight.htm

I think a T-Rex vs Spinosaurus thread would be awesome. My money would be on T-Rex, BTW. Fuck JP3!!!

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Easily.

It is thus:

This is how I see it:

Elephant>Hippo>Polar Bear>Brown Bear>Tiger>Lion>Gorilla.

OK, adding hippo and polar bear is just silly. This is serious discussion!

But yeah, I agree with you.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Are hippos that aggressive? Never really looked into anything about hippos but I would've thought they were kinda like cows. mellow and what not
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top