Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a bit experienced in this stuff, but everytime you read a story on this board that's like yours, it's usually after the fact, and the writer is wishing they had established a paper trail.  So for your own sake, establish a paper trail now.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, I went today and got the restraining order and the terroristic threat stuff started. I'm really nervous, but I'm not about to let him walk all over me.

And to the person who posted that I should worry about posting names ... don't worry ... I changed some of them before I even posted. :)

I'm annoyed at the attitude, though, of my workplace. They weren't very understanding when I had to take an extended lunch break to get the ball rolling. The police report clearly indicates what one of the officers witnessed this guy's erratic behaviour and heard the threats and several co-workers are named.

I've been taking alternate routes home and so far I haven't noticed any suspicious cars following me or anything, but I plan to stay on my guard at all times.

Thanks again for all the advice, everyone.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, Steven was fired today. I don't feel guilty in the least. He was screaming so loud that the walls were vibrating. He totally went off. When he went past my office he yanked my inbox off the door and threw it into my office, barely missing my head. I told him to back the &*&^$% off and he acted like he was going to walk into my office, but Cornelius, the warehouse manager (an ex-marine with bulgy muscles) got between us and told Steven to think twice. The police arrived at this point and told him to clean out his desk while they watched and kept the peace.

HR went into the cubicle with him and he started a rant about the fact that *I* am a woman and have made operations manager at my job and claimed that I just don't like men. Whatever. I stayed pretty much to myself during this altercation and didn't reply in kind. Then he took the first box to his car and you have to pass my office to get to where the cubicles are ... on the way back in he made this mock leap move and smacked himself on the chest (good grief!) and told me that I better watch my back.

Apparently that is a terroristic threat and because he said it in front of so many witnesses I can get a warrant, but I'm concerned about that. I may just let it die out because he's clearly a first rate jackass. I don't know what good would come of getting a warrant. The cops advised me to get a warrant and a restraining order because HR advised them of his shady past.

After he left our phones started ringing off the hook and someone would blow a whistle into the receiver or just slam the phone down. We did the *69, but it was apparently blocked or private so HR alerted the phone company.

It was crazy.

He doesn't know where I live, but that doesn't prevent him from following me home. My husband works right across the street from where I do, but he works second and I work first so I'm home alone a good bit of the day. But this ass will NOT get under my skin to the point that I'm looking over my shoulder. To hell with that. I've decided to carry my gun because THE LAW says that I can and I have a permit and if my job doesn't understand this based on what went down today then I can find another job. I was looking when I found that one.

Thanks for all the advice, guys!

Chelle,

I love my wife beyond ANY regard for myself. We have been in a similar situation.
She got a coworker fired. Never any threats like your case, but I work 2 blocks from her.
My rifle and pistol were kept in my car for the next week. If he showed up she would call.
If he got nasty...
The police would arrive to find me smoking a cigarette while sitting on the hood of my car.
The subject would either be restrained, or dead laying next to the pistol he didn't know he owned.

JK

No im not

Yes I am.

Keep the pistol on you. Keep a blanket and a hammer in your office, to exit window quickly. Keep rifle in your trunk. Your pistol is only the TICKET to your rifle.

God, I hope you stay safe. If I was carrying, and that jack ass lunged at my door for the second time...

I saw him drawing a weapon officer!!! I thought!! I was in fear of my life!!!

Easy accuital.

Stay safe and alert.

Everything above was in jest. I advocate no illegal activities.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Your company isn't going to be supportive because that would indicate a problem and they may be trying to limit their liability. I'd keep my gun on me fuck the consequences and anyone considers asking to search your office space start crying and leave with your gun of course. A lot of workplace shooting started with a lot less than this. I'd put a damn mirror in my hallway and I got an extra vest "bullet-proof" if you want to borrow it for a while.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad you did the right thing Chelle. Hopefully this scum bag leaves you alone and you stay safe!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top