Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is being an illegal alien a violent offense?  It's not like they're child molesters. What harm can being an illegal alien  in your garage cause?  Even felons have the right to self defense!

Not with a gun. They gave up that right when they committed a felony. Illegal aliens do not have the right to possess any gun and to do so in any manner is illegal.  

AssaultRifler is sometimes too subtle.

I'll bet the family of officer Daniel Golden wishes the illegal who shot him to death in Huntsville, AL  didn't have a firearm. Since they are here illegally, they have had no background check, like WE must go through before WE are allowed to purchase one from an FFL. Of course, WE have to pay taxes, and WE can't haul around bogus SSANs, and WE have to have drivers licenses and WE must maintain liability insurance and blah, blah, blah.

I was being sarcastic.  Threw in elements from the Shoot N Scoot thread and the "what's the harm smoking a little pot in garage?" threads.  But I do think everyone has the right to self defense, it doesn't have to be by owning a firearm.   We dont allow 13 y/o's to buy, carry concealed guns because the school bus bully is going to kick him in the nuts.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Illegal aliens cannot own firearms ANYWHERE in the USA - it's on the 4473

And it should stay that way...

'The People of the United States' does not include non-citizens...

+1
I have to follow the rules, so do they.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not buy... just own.

I say this only because in some states people don't even have the right to buy guns in the United States, only in THEIR state. But that's another discussion.

And the reason I ask is to bring up another question... is firearms ownership a "God" given right or at least a right that all people have... at least according to the US?

Why must you even ask this question????   If you are here ILLEGALLY, you have NO RIGHTS  under our constitution.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I read the whole post and didn't see anyone bring up the fact that in Mexico it's illegal to even own a round of ammo, much less a gun.  Logic tells me that if they're from Mexico, still citizens of Mexico, and here illegally then they fall under both Mexico's laws and our own.  And under neither of these can they own a gun.  So not no, but HELL NO, they shouldn't be allowed to legally own a gun here.

In the above I'm obviously only referring to Mexicans since most illegals are Mexican, but in most countries around the world gun ownership is either so highly regulated that the average citizen would never own a legal firearm or it's just plain illegal to own a gun at all, so this same logic applies to some others as well.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
What part of "illegal" in the term "illegal alien" is so hard to understand?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Something about illegal and owning a gun, just doesn't sound right...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Foreign national illegals with firearms = INVADING FORCE.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not buy... just own.

I say this only because in some states people don't even have the right to buy guns in the United States, only in THEIR state. But that's another discussion.

And the reason I ask is to bring up another question... is firearms ownership a "God" given right or at least a right that all people have... at least according to the US?

Does not matter as they souldnt be here in the first place!!!!
But I voted NO, edit teh poll to add "FUCK NO"!

+1
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#10]
No, because they are here illegally. Resident Aliens here legally can and should own firearms.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top