BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree.
I used to love browsing the EE section. Now I cant stand it with all the dealer ads. I never click on them. If I want something NEW I go looking for a dealer.
If I want used stuff, I used to go to the EE.

Here's a twist, its just semantics but:
Give the "members" there own EE forum and leave the old one as it is.
I've gotten great deals on the EE and made some friends there as well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Give the dealers their own section. Tommy with GPSS is the biggest reason I do not want to see the dealers on the EE board with everyone else.
Tommy constantly bumping people from the front page of the Magazine section and doesn't even have the nerve to post something. This guy posts to bump his thread up to the top then deletes his post. he does this every other day and sometimes daily.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:04:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
how about a forum on the EE for dealers to post their sales and specials. that way people looking for them can find them easily and the rest of us won't have to wade through the junk.

mike
View Quote

WINNER!!![headbang][headbang][headbang]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I kinda like the EE as is.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a lot of stuff to wade through, but the color coded thing makes it much easier.  I just avoid the 4 and 5 page color coded ads when I browse the EE.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I kinda like the EE as is.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I like EE the way it is.

As GPSS has been named as the offending dealer, I hope he responds. The Industry Partners pay a substantial fee to be listed as such. These fees are advertising dollars to present items for sale to people who actually use these products. They like to think we will buy from them because of their support of this site and we do.

Fred
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I have stopped lurking on the E/E due to the dealer ads. Seems right after the dealer adds started getting highlighted it went down hill

I am all in favor of dealer selling thier wares here on the site. I have made acouple of good deals from dealers on the board but no one has come from the E/E.

Make a dealer forum .
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if this would work but how about all the Industry Partners and dealers pay to each get one thread tacked at the top of the current EE that they can edit as often as they want and never needs to be bumped to the top.  I myself would probably skip over the dealer section unless I was looking for something new. I guess it all comes down to them or at least some of them deserving the exposure of one EE.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#13]
The Dealers are not the problem as the few who abuse the board can be policed. Its the guys who reply with questions and comments on the ads instead of using e mail or IM. I had a guy ask for pics on an ad I have running, he could have e mailed or used IM. This is a very common practice. IMO the EE has changed for the worse over the last couple of years due to the increased membership and lack of courtesy. I guess its like anything that grows like our site has, more is not always better.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I kinda like it the way it is, but I see the problems and the color coding of dealer ads hasn't really seemed to help.  I don't understand why people can't take the time to go through more than the first page of ads, but I am the first to admit that I also frequently only look at new ads when I log in.  Often times, though, a good deal can be scarfed up by looking down page one or two.

I think that most people should email some questions to a dealer rather than post the question in their ad, but there are a lot of people who don't think their ads out very well and some questions asked and answered in the ad helps everyone.

I know a lot of dealers are disappointed at the "Industry Forums", and are fearful if they get their sale ads limited to a separate forum that sales will decline and I guess I can't blame them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Give the dealers their own section. Tommy with GPSS is the biggest reason I do not want to see the dealers on the EE board with everyone else.
Tommy constantly bumping people from the front page of the Magazine section and doesn't even have the nerve to post something. This guy posts to bump his thread up to the top then deletes his post. he does this every other day and sometimes daily.
View Quote

Well, I just saw this and had to respond. I too, do not like the EE the way it is now. As a matter of fact, I only bump my posts about every 3 rd day and only to keep them up in front where they can be seen.

I make my living (100%) selling Georgia Precision. It is my FULL time job. When my ads drop to pages 2 or 3, my Online orders dive drastically. Like many of you who have regular paying jobs, I have a wife and 2 kids to support.
I have a TREMENDOUS amount of money invested in Georgia Precision.

I have seen my profit margins erode on the EE because of the other dealers selling stuff at or barely above Dealer Cost. YOU are the ones who benefit from the dealers who do this and are too naive to realize that you benefit by paying lower prices.

A few months ago, I tried just having all my ads in my own "Industry Forum" for a week.
Guess what, my sales tanked; I only got about 5 orders in a week where I normally would have had 50-75 orders or more.
View Quote

Tommy,
I wont fault you for posting in both the Industry section and the EE. Where is see a problem is when you spam the Ammo forum with your perpetual ammo sales. What really bother alot of us is when you find the time to post for sale ads in at least three diferent locations, but dont take the time to answer questions in you legitamite threads like the 77GN OTM thread.
I understand you are trying to make a living, but the ammo forum isnt your own personal billboard. Its a forum for the discussion of ammo, not ammo sales.
You are not the only offender in this area. Ammoman does the same thing to a much lessor extent. MSTN does the same thin in the AR forums.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, I just saw this and had to respond. I too, do not like the EE the way it is now. As a matter of fact, I only bump my posts about every 3 rd day and only to keep them up in front where they can be seen.

I make my living (100%) selling Georgia Precision. It is my FULL time job. When my ads drop to pages 2 or 3, my Online orders dive drastically. Like many of you who have regular paying jobs, I have a wife and 2 kids to support.

I have seen my profit margins erode on the EE because of the other dealers selling stuff at or barely above Dealer Cost. YOU are the ones who benefit from the dealers who do this and are too naive to realize that you benefit by paying lower prices.

A few months ago, I tried just having all my ads in my own "Industry Forum" for a week.
Guess what, my sales tanked; I only got about 5 orders in a week where I normally would have had 50-75 orders or more.
View Quote

Tommy,
I wont fault you for posting in both the Industry section and the EE. Where is see a problem is when you spam the Ammo forum with your perpetual ammo sales. What really bother alot of us is when you find the time to post for sale ads in at least three diferent locations, but dont take the time to answer questions in you legitamite threads like the 77GN OTM thread.
I understand you are trying to make a living, but the ammo forum isnt your own personal billboard. Its a forum for the discussion of ammo, not ammo sales.
You are not the only offender in this area. Ammoman does the same thing to a much lessor extent. MSTN does the same thin in the AR forums.
View Quote

I profit from dealers posting, selling, etc in discussion forums.  They know more about their product line than most yahoos running their mouths out there...  In fact, most of the stuff I buy online comes from discussions I've had with dealers in EVERY corner of AR15.com.

Gotta take care of the dealers too, if they can't keep their sales up then it'll ultimately affect everyone's ability to acquire good gear at good prices.

Watch the fallout from this Surefire nonsense.  Dealers don't have it easy.  But you certainly do.  Don't be afraid of checking out pages 2 and 3.  Unless you're concerned about ARFCOM's refresh rate, which is understandable.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#19]
anyone got a link to this ammo forum?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
anyone got a link to this ammo forum?
View Quote

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=16[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I will say this while I shop on AR15.com I always hit the EE board first. If I am looking for a new product which everything I usually purchase or at least try to purchase is new except for some used Mags, I will always hit the Industry Forum next. I shop around for a good deal, but I also take into consideration these dealers help support this site and I will wave $20.00 more on an item to buy from a dealer on AR15 than other places.
I do try to keep my business here on this site like most everyone else does.
Most of my purchases have came from these Dealers and there will be more to add to my list.
CMMG
Denny's Guns
GPSS
Tapco
Along with individual purchases as well.
Having the Dealers on there separate Forums is not a bad idea, this only helps the individual sell there merchandise with out being bumped from the front page by a Dealer Adds.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:47:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Holy crap, the Perma Slik G thread is still alive 2 years later! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 2:13:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Seperate Dealer, Private Individual and Group Buy EE Forums.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 2:37:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I like the idea of 2 areas, one for dealers one for regular ads.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:58:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Seperate Dealer, Private Individual and Group Buy EE Forums.
View Quote

Yup, and Team Members only in the Individuals forum.

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#26]
No.

Have a seperate EE for dealers perhaps, but i've found way too many good deals there to knock out %85 of the posts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Georgia-Precision
 1/1/2004 12:34:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The volume of traffic is just not there like in the EE.
So, I do not see a solution to this problem, but as it stands right now, it is effective for me to keep my ads on the front pages where more people see them.
I am sorry if this bothers some of you; as I do not intend to offend anyone, just ignore them if they bother you.
Until the EE is changed, it is all we have at the moment.
Tommy
GPSS

View Quote

This falls directly in the sayin "NOT MY PROBLEM", I dont goto the EE because the Dealers have infiltrated most of the page 1 with lame bumps. If AR15 message board is your only means of income, ya better take an economics class or something. Remember when the boards were down for days on end? One day this place could go belly up and then what ya goin to do.

Until the EE seperates Dealers from reg. folks ill stay off there.

And as far as Refresh rates, [rolleyes] yeah the prob. with that is , the freakin DEALERS banners gotta show up first, they seem to be the only thing that isnt slow around here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:26:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok, 1/50th of a dollar's worth....

I think there should be a section of the EE for dealers only.  Most people on here know whether or not what they are looking for will be from a vendor and have done enough research to know where/who to buy from.  The idea of the EE originally was (or so I think) for the members (should it be restricted to postings by paying members?  probably) to be able to buy/sell/trade our stuff.  Maybe restrict the dealers to an ad or 2, not 5 in a row like some do in the regular EE.  If they want to list something else, find a post to delete or combine them.  But having 5 open threads from a single vendor is too much.  IMHO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:29:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Sorry I have not read the whole thread, but I had an idea......

How about a USED gear forum and a "New gear" forum. 90% of dealers will post in the new forum, and 90% of the  private sellers would be selling used stuff. It would also make it easier to find used gear for those special projects you may not want to spend the money for new stuff on. Or to find a brand new barrel for that upper you want.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Is somebody going to make a poll for this thread?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#31]
First off, my hats off to Steve(ADCO) for bringing this up. I already know the stand up guy he is and I've been dealing with him for sevral years and have always been treated fairly. For what it's worth, I like the idea of a dealer only EE. When I'm looking for something BRAND NEW, I generally shop the dealers by looking at the highlighted ads in the EE but usually end up buying it from Steve if he carries it. When I'm in need of something used or maybe someones new-takeoff closet queen, I ignor the highlighted ads I get in a search or while browsing. While highlighted dealer ads help me weed through the EE, it might be a little easier for those looking for new dealer items to go to a dealer section of EE. Eliminating posting in an ad is one idea but I'm not totally in favor of that. Sometimes it's benificial to be able to post below the topic in an ad. Well that's just my $0.02 and this post probably isn't worth that but at least it can be a shameless plug for Steve. LOL!! Oh how about a poll and maybe we can get some changes?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top