Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought his permit was already revoked and guns confiscated due to the legal action taken by the defendants after the $1.5 million judgement ???

Maybe I misread something, but that was my understanding after reading the original thread up to about page 12. Lost interest after that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS...

giant sloths in patagonia, goatsuckers in costa rica, flying saucers in chernobyl, anal probing aliens in downtown detroit, elvis working in a mcdonalds in little rock, bigfeet in oklahoma city. i have been notified about all of these things from various reputable internet sources and im having a very hard time trying to determine the correct government agency(s) to inform as it is my solemn responsibility as a citizen to do..
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Wait so let me get this straight. FBI lives in FLA & GMan lives in SC which has recipriosity with FLA.

Sooooooo Gman is wondering if because someone that he never directly tested, in another state, albeit connected to his, made some comment about "borderlne going postal" in front of a jury, is somehow his fiduciary responsibility causing him to be upset enough to make a thread on ARFCOM to get "the peoples" veiws to justify or placate his possible intentions, while is also, somehow,  related to 9/11?

WTF over?

One it's the internet.
Two Don't make threats on public boards about what you may or may not do. That's childish.
Three If he's your responsibility, then I guess all the CCW's holders in any state that has reciprocity with SC must keep you awake at night just wondering what they're doing. Do you and all of the rest of SC's CCW/SLED folks get dragged into court, fined,  & yelled at if some FLA ccw holder goes off his rocker? Again WTF?

If you want to help him, chew his ass out in private about how his comments & attitude, as you percieve it, threaten him & the rest of us CCW holders. Dragging this shit out in front of the world makes the rest of us look even more unable to maintain order in our "house" without having to rely on the "authorities" to keep us "crazies" in line.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't read too much of the original post.  I guess he just refuses to take off his holster?  I didn't even think that was worth replying to, let alone 15 pages.
Let sleeping dogs lie.  Let him rant and rave, and hopefully blow off some steam on the internet.  I don't take anything I read on the net seriously/personally.  If I met someone in person, and they were a raving lunatic, it might be different.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I didn't read too much of the original post.  I guess he just refuses to take off his holster?  I didn't even think that was worth replying to, let alone 15 pages.
Let sleeping dogs lie.  Let him rant and rave, and hopefully blow off some steam on the internet.  I don't take anything I read on the net seriously/personally.  If I met someone in person, and they were a raving lunatic, it might be different.

I'd love to do exactly that.

Nothing would make me happier if this mutt would IM me and just say "Dude...I was just messing with you."

But unless you are a SLED certified instructor, I'm not sure you understand (or I've sufficiently explained) my fiduciary duty.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I did not read that whole thread, but is a potentially off hand comment about "going postal" enough to set something like this in motion? He apparently does not care from his reaction to you though so I guess if he doesn't care we shouldn't.

Off hand comment IN FRONT OF A JURY?

As I recall, that's how it happenned. IF ANYTHING, he prolly toned it down while in front of the jury.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps......  Just perhaps, if this was such a potentially dangerous and unstable individual, making allusions to physical violence, that since he WAS in fact, in front OF A JURY, that maybe.....  just maybe, the JUDGE or the PROSECUTOR might take issue with his statements and move to revoke his carry permit ????  Yet they did not  ???

Ever cross your mind ??

I mean, it DID happen "IN FRONT OF A JURY !!!"..........  You said so yourself.

In my uneducated, and highly unrefined opinion, you're way way WAY out of line, and teetering on the precipice of megalomaniacal self-righteousness.

Now, you've got a patent reputation here for being a little full of yourself from time to time, but this goes WELL beyond that.......  You'd do well to sit back and take a serious look at your own ideas of self-importance and think long and hard before attempting to seriously screw with another man's life like that.   Especially one who you've never met, or have ANY personal knowledge of, more than internet 'tough talk', to boot.

I suggest you think a tad more on your assumptions and reflect apon your perceived "fiduciary duties" as you like to call them........

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I vote this as the stupidest thread of 2006.

I vote this as the stupidest thread ever!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Exactly.

If you feel that it's your duty then why post here and not just make the phone call without all of the grandstanding.

Because I place a high level of trust in other gun owners who can help give me perspective and clarity on gun issues.

Is my level of confidence misplaced in you, and should I rather just look to you for condescending comments and insults?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Has it occurred to you that perhaps......  Just perhaps, if this was such a potentially dangerous and unstable individual, making allusions to physical violence, that since he WAS in fact, in front OF A JURY, that maybe.....  just maybe, the JUDGE or the PROSECUTOR might take issue with his statements and move to revoke his carry permit ????  Yet they did not  ???

As I understand it, they DID revoke his permit.

Also as I understand it, it has either been reinstated, or he is attempting reinstatement.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Please point me to a location on the SLED site or anywere for that matter were it states the fiduciary duties of a SLED CCW instuctor.

I looked and couldnt find anything that would lead me to believe you should persue people across state lines or on the internet. Did I miss it ?

Why even bother, forget it
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#12]
garandman- You seem like the type of dick head to drive in the left lane at exactly the speed limit then speed up when someone trys to pass you. This is a real bitch move your pulling. I better not F with you, you might get my CCW permit taken away.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

In my uneducated, and highly unrefined opinion, you're way way WAY out of line, and teetering on the precipice of megalomaniacal self-righteousness.

And in my opinion, your insults are more likely to push me  toward reporting him.

On the other hand, if you could rationally give me logical arguments against doing so....

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also as I understand it, it has either been reinstated, or he is attempting reinstatement.

But they revoked his permit because he was sent for an EOD(EMergency Order of Detention)(called something else in his post) they didnt revoke the CCW for comments made by him...or at least not directly...hell who knows...make the call dont make the call....im going to go get some lunch....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
garandman- You seem like the type of dick head to drive in the left lane at exactly the speed limit then speed up when someone trys to pass you. This is a real bitch move your pulling. I better not F with you, you might get my CCW permit taken away. Faggot.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
garandman- You seem like the type of dick head to drive in the left lane at exactly the speed limit then speed up when someone trys to pass you. This is a real bitch move your pulling. I better not F with you, you might get my CCW permit taken away. Faggot.

dont be a personal attacks  are stupid...we are talking about this....not name calling
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then the authorities are already aware of the situation with him.  What in the "cowhide" thread qualifies as new information that you are legally required to report?  Facts please , not feeings.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#20]

You might be able to take away his CCW and maybe even his weapons, but he'll still get to carry his holster.    

ps.  I think the thread that started it all off was the weirdest bit a flamebait to come along in while.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
garandman- You seem like the type of dick head to drive in the left lane at exactly the speed limit then speed up when someone trys to pass you. This is a real bitch move your pulling. I better not F with you, you might get my CCW permit taken away.

Better?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Please point me to a location on the SLED site or anywere for that matter were it states the fiduciary duties of a SLED CCW instuctor.

I looked and couldnt find anything that would lead me to believe you should persue people across state lines or on the internet. Did I miss it ?

Good question.

In working the law thru the legislature, we made it as generic as possible - so permittess and instructors do NOT have statute that specifically jams them up.

All the law really says is I am subject to audit should a permitee commit a crime, and I have teh discretion to NOT sign an app.

But in my SLED training, it was prety clear we are more than just paper pushers.  We are the front line of defense against teh wrong people getting CCW's. If the law was black letter, I wouldn't be asking you.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
NO ONE like a snitch. But I'm thinking my hand is forced. As a CCW instructor myself, I havea fiduciary duty as well as the authority to deny CCW permits.

The whole thing started from this thread...www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=435006&page=15

Page 15

The poster described himself - even after I seriously challenged his authenticity - as on the edge of "going postal." Apparently, he said as much in front of a jury.

He also described himself as "warning" his lawyers not to go "beyond their bounds." These are people he is PAYING to be on his side, and he mildly threatens them.

While no one likes a snitch, and I never thoguht I'd do it, I also remember IF ONLY  the trainers had told SOMEONE about people who wanted to learn to fly a plane but NOT to land the plane...if they had told SOMEONE about that very unusual thing...

As a CCW instructor myself, can I really sit by and let this go? Again, I pressed this guy REAL hard and he maintains that he has REALLY done these things.

I'm really conflicted here. But I think it better to "self police" than to have a CCW permittee "go postal."

I have a fiduciary duty. "All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Doing nothing didn't work our so well three out of four times on Sept 11. In one occasion, doing something helped. It saved lives.

Umm...I don't want to interupt, but would you mind speding up that call to the authorities. I mean being a "Self Policing" CCW instructer and all, I'd like to see how much pull you have. Thanks

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Exactly.

If you feel that it's your duty then why post here and not just make the phone call without all of the grandstanding.

Because I place a high level of trust in other gun owners who can help give me perspective and clarity on gun issues.

Is my level of confidence misplaced in you, and should I rather just look to you for condescending comments and insults?

Bullshit...you're not looking for anyone to help give you perspective. You're only arguing that it's your duty to tell on the guy. Then go tell on him. Why come here and ask a bunch of people that you keep telling won't understand since they aren't SLED certified.

If you come here asking asinine questions you should expect asinine responses.

If at any time I think I have the duty to do something the absolute last thing I'm going to do is log on to arfcom and see what everybody else thinks.

What are you still doing here? Go make the call and rat him out for saying crazy stuff on the internet.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Umm...I don't want to interupt, but would you mind speding up that call to the authorities. I mean being a "Self Policing" CCW instructer and all, I'd like to see how much pull you have. Thanks

Actually, you gave me a good idea.

I'm gonna call SLED and ask them what my duty is. I mean, it IS only the internet right, where people frequently lie. Then again, even President Bush is telling us to report suspicious activity.

I'll report back  later.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing would make me happier if this mutt would IM me and just say "Dude...I was just messing with you."

But unless you are a SLED certified instructor, I'm not sure you understand (or I've sufficiently explained) my fiduciary duty.

That is correct, I do not understand your fiduciary duty as a SLED certified instructor.  You should understand your fiduciary duty, as you are a SLED certified instructor.  Therefore, you have a responsibility to act if you believe a certian set of circumstances have been met.  If you are unsure if those circumstances have been met, seek legal counsel.

I don't mean to be blunt.  I just believe if you have questions reguarding a legal obligation, with reprocussions, you should not ask questions about it on an internet chat site.  You should seek sound, legal advise to protect yourself.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I don't mean to be blunt.  I just believe if you have questions reguarding a legal obligation, with reprocussions, you should not ask questions about it on an internet chat site.  You should seek sound, legal advise to protect yourself.  

I'm gonna call SLED and get THEM  to tell me what I should do.

THIS is why I came to Arfcom. Once you weed thru the jerks (I'll omit naming names) you can find good advice.

Thanx, efp

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#30]
How people act on the net is vastly differenr from how they act in real life.
Don't be a busybody.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't believe it even popped into your head to rat on him....

Are you a CCW instructor, entrusted with testing permittes suitability for possessing a CCW permit?

Jesus - you sound like a ham radio guy.  "Should I call the FCC??? This guy a thousand miles away told me to get the fuck off his frequency!! I'm TELLLING!!  I'm a Government Licensed Radio Technician, I have a responsibility!!"

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And in my opinion, your insults are more likely to push me  toward reporting him.

On the other hand, if you could rationally give me logical arguments against doing so....

You've already been GIVEN the logical arguement............  You just choose to pick your own self-importance over rational thought.

He states he said these things in a court of law..........  

Therefore, a JUDGE, PROSECUTOR, BAILIFF, TRANSCRIPTIONIST and any one or more, of any number of individuals with TONS more 'fiduciary duty' than you've imagined you possess, have heard it, and had AMPLE opportunity to decide he's a nutjob and move to impose their legal weight.

Do you REALLY think that if they thought this guy was a credible threat to ANYONE, that after this whole brouhaha, they wouldn't JUMP at the chance to rip into him even more ????

I'm sorry if you feel my statements were intended as insults...... They were not.  They were purely simple statements of how I see your actions, assumptions and behaviour.

Leaves it VERY hard to NOT think you take yourself WAY too seriously...........

I'm just calling it as I see it.  You asked for opinions, you got mine among many others....

Worth what you paid for them, I suppose.  Had I called you a fucking poopyhead, you might be right, however......

When you INVITE criticism, if you can't take the truth, that's NOT my fault or problem....

Just something to think about, and again......  Purely my opinion.  

Take it or leave it.  Your choice....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

FBI, was your FL CCW reinstated? I assume it was but why not just answer that question and put a end to all this Internet drama.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Jesus - you sound like a ham radio guy.  "Should I call the FCC??? This guy a thousand miles away told me to get the fuck off his frequency!! I'm TELLLING!!  I'm a Government Licensed Radio Technician, I have a responsibility!!"

Nice insults, but I **** DO **** have the responsibility / duty  of denying concealed carry of a firearm should I decide that is appropriate.

YOu may not think that's important, but since its not your home / job / livilihood at stake, I guess I can't expect you to take it at seriously as I do.

Oh well.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Perhaps I'm mistaken.

My understanding is that:

1.) you have a certification to teach CCW classes in SC.

2.) you believe that this certification requires you to report (to the authorities) an individual that posted something stupid on a gun board.

3.) you've never met the individual in question.

Is this all true?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Perhaps I'm mistaken.

2.) you believe that this certification requires you to report (to the authorities) an individual that posted something stupid on a gun board.

Is this all true?

All true.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I did not read that whole thread, but is a potentially off hand comment about "going postal" enough to set something like this in motion? He apparently does not care from his reaction to you though so I guess if he doesn't care we shouldn't.

Off hand comment IN FRONT OF A JURY?

As I recall, that's how it happenned. IF ANYTHING, he prolly toned it down while in front of the jury.

This would be my point in not feeling it necessary for you to excercise your "fiduciary duty".  In reading the transcripts, it doesn't appear to me he has said anything here that he hasn't articulated in the courtroom.   Come on, think about it.  He has already made these statements in front of a Judge/Jury/ and who knows who else and you feel a "duty" to report someone based on unsubtantiated ramblings on the internet?  Do you know for a fact this is the real Destefano?  Wouldn't you think the folks that witnessed these statements in person would have a better understanding of what should be done?  

And I might add one more thing.  I am not a member of the tin foil hat wearers of America, but if you honestly think that the system can't team up a lay a whole bunch of whoopass at the feet of undeserving folks, then you sir are naive.  

I am a huge proponent of personal responsibility, so I will give you my standard answer to almost any "Should I" question.  In the end, you do what you feel you must and be willing to live with the consequences.  

The fact that you felt the duty to report this is somewhat disappointing.  The fact that you started a thread asking "Should I snitch?" is extremely disappointing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good question.

In working the law thru the legislature, we made it as generic as possible - so permittess and instructors do NOT have statute that specifically jams them up.

All the law really says is I am subject to audit should a permitee commit a crime, and I have teh discretion to NOT sign an app.

But in my SLED training, it was prety clear we are more than just paper pushers.  We are the front line of defense against teh wrong people getting CCW's. If the law was black letter, I wouldn't be asking you.  

Have you ever heard your SLED training officer when he laughs so loud he sounds like he's in pain ? Have you ever heard him let out a  HUGE belly laugh ?

Call him and tell him your concerns then sit back and listen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Nice insults, but I **** DO **** have the responsibility / duty of denying concealed carry of a firearm should I decide that is appropriate.

Wait a minute...you have Constitutional authority to deny someone basic rights based on what?  

What's your official position again?  I'm not trying to insult you, but I think you might have a somewhat bloated opinion of what (in Texas at least) is a very low ranking job description.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least the SLED instructors all went home safe that night.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Is this all true?

All true.

<insert McUzi flame text>

...'incessant posting of sanctimonious bullshit'...boy did he hit THAT nail right on the head.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Oh wait...this guy's in Florida?

Alright garandman, your argument is silly.  Sorry, buddy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Do pushups, garandman.  

Best advice yet.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#46]
I'd mind my own business and move on.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Have you ever heard your SLED training officer when he laughs so loud he sounds like he's in pain ? Have you ever heard him let out a  HUGE belly laugh ?

Call him and tell him your concerns then sit back and listen.

I've got a call in to them.

I'll see what they say.

Maybe you guys are right.

Why should I worry about it? Not my problem. Protect me and mine, nothing more.

If SLED says I have no responsibility, then that's it. I guess No reason to go beyond that.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Mind your own business.  You don't have the facts.  You have YOUR interpretation of SOME facts presented on a message board.

Just remember, Karma's a bitch.

I'd concentrate on your own life, you probably have your hands full.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#49]
My conditional answer is yes, provided that you can form a well structured argument, supporting a premise that the poster's CCW poses a threat to public safety. If the argument is sound (void of boolean logic errors and known logical fallacies) and survives critical evaluatation by an uninterested third party, you have my blessing. If not, then no. You should not "snitch".
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#50]
G-man,
SC has no reciprocity with Fl. You are an instructor in SC this guy got his permit thru another instructor in Fl. You have NO fiduciary duty here at all. Forget it. You are just gonna waste some guy at SLED's time and end up looking like a snitch. Drop it. It's for your own good. You have more to lose here than he does. YMMV.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top