User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the 9x18 mak caliber. Radom P-64 is very close to the PPK/S design

Agreed. I've got one and it is stupid accurate. But the trigger in double action makes Baby Jesus cry. I've got the springs to lighten the trigger, just haven't gotten around to fooling with it.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/kendall1911/guns/210375574917-1.jpg

Yes, the spring kit from wolff will make a great improvement.. Befor the spring kit for p-64 I just orderd walther spring and still have them in my 64's.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I REALLY like that Sig.
Bill

It's a little like another great .380, the Mustang.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Test fire one first. They cut the hell out of the web of my hand.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want one.

I had a stainless PPK/s a few years ago. It was STUPID accurate. The single action trigger was THE nicest I've ever felt. I kick myself in the ass for trading it away.

I own the poor-man's Bond gun - the Bersa Thunder .380.

And it's accurate like a freaky $1,100 target .22. It's the fixed barrel on these little blowbacks. They just put the BB in the same hole, and do it again, and again, and again.

With no failures to feed, fire, or eject.

Not one. Not with my handloads, and not with HP.

I LOVE my Bersa Thunder, and I loved the price: $269 for hard-chromed/alum frame.

I had a Bersa Thunder, too, got it when they were right at $200. Sold it to a friend that just HAD to buy another gun that night! I would like to look into getting another one, since it has one feature that the PPK/s did not - an external slide stop. It was also a little lighter, being an alloy frame.

I think the Thunder would be a good carry/car gun, because we wouldn't cry if we lost 'em. They're inexpensive enough to replace easily.

Did you ever find a source for magazines? I had investigated but found only one source.

I bought two spares from some dude on eGhey. They're not as reliable as the Bersa mag, which is about $50! However, you can stick 8 rounds in them.

Good stuff.

Thing is, I haven't had a problem with them lately; perhaps they needed broken in? I think Pro-Mag has good mags for the Bersa.

Be advised, there's a new 13 round Bersa Thunder! Grip's a little bigger so it's not as good a CCW gun.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#5]

I too find myself wanting one at times.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
The Interarms ones are extremely finely made pistols.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Given 007 as inspiration, definitely get the 7.65. Flemming had Bond carry a 7.65 Walther as this was also Hitler's pistol. Flemming used hidden meanings in his writings to give clues to his readers on the wider world picture (Flemming was very highly connected).

The clue alluded to above is that Hitler was in reality a British double agent. Another interesting clue in the Bond series is S.P.E.C.T.R.E., representing the surviving remnent of the British East India Company which went underground after the British government took over control of India.

As well, a good 7.65 is a better round than the trypical .380 round.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Get a Glock G-26. Other than thickness, the G-26 beats the PPK in every way including weight and size I think.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top