Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want it, and can afford it, buy it.  If we all only bought what we "need" this place would be boring.  Variety is the spice of life, go for it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Zastava pap m92 & sig arm brace, every shovel needs a good rubber handle
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
AKs are decent, NPAP and Century yugo UF with nade launcher sight is ok. Yea 499-520 bucks might sound steep but it is what it is...

plus you can play dress up with different types of furniture, switching from wood to plastic

watch for yugos though even if they are decent quality they DO NOT accept standard combloc optics and some attachments
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have shot ARs for years and own a few of my own. For a 'go to' gun it's AR all day. But for a range toy my Arsenal SLR107FR is my favorite.

I considered a Wasr but at about 70% of the price of the arsenal, I chose the higher end, don't regret it a bit.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
yes you should

if you can't afford/find something cool and collectible  like a pre ban Chinese polytech etc...i'd still seriously look at the Arsenal rifles .... maybe a  Sam 7sf, or 104 fr 34.....etc.. (will also hold/go up in value)
or check out the better rifles they sell on Atlantic Firearms
Best to get one that has a side rail for mounting a scope mount  (really changes everything having an eotech mounted on my Sam 7sf or my 104 fr)
ammo is cheap & I wouldn't worry about availability (IMHO if AK ammo is banned so will all the rest of it)  
great rifles for harsh weather conditions such as snow & ice & ultra cold temperatures
they are actually more accurate in cold temperatures as well  

wouldn't hurt to have a little variety
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFU4ATbr-ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgTqvklanRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM4mDTx9yiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR_yfAakv7g
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You NEED an AK and a Mosin
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Get one, they are a blast to shoot. Accuracy is not as bad as everyone says. Mags are still fairly cheap, drum mags are available, and ammo is cheaper than .223. I have two that I built, Romy and Yugo, and will never get rid of them. Easy to maintain too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got one a few months ago and I have to say I like it. I got a Bulgarian in 5.45 and it is a lot of fun to shoot. Now I'm looking for a 7.62 version just because. It not a target gun like an AR but it wasn't meant to be either. I say get one, you already have AR's.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one of the new arsenal milled SAM7 bulgys and a SGL-31.  Both are fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would just keep it simple, One magazine, One type of ammo.
View Quote

FPNI.

AK's are ghetto anyway.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:53:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

x39 ammo is cheaper than 5.56

More recoil.

Something different.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

At nearly the expense of a cheap AR15, I fail to see the point.

x39 ammo is cheaper than 5.56

More recoil.

Something different.
That really isn't true anymore for 7.62x39. While still true for 5.45x39, I'm not sure how long that will last.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:54:40 AM EDT
[#12]
maybe
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:58:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is a picture of my AK

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:00:13 AM EDT
[#14]
X39 is still cheaper than .223 and more fun to shoot.

One time purchase of a gun is nothing, it's the cost of feeding it that hits your wallet hardest.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#15]
You have enough guns, buy ammo if you must blow money.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I prefer having different types of guns. When ammo prices fluctuate it's always nice to spend money on the cheaper ammo at the time.

I would look into maybe getting a Yugo PAP M92 pistol with a brace. The pistol is $399, and the brace around $115.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:11:20 AM EDT
[#17]
no.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes. I prefer an AK over an AR. If you do get an AK do it right the first time and buy an Arsenal or old Poly if you can find one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:16:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Personally, I say no, unless you want one to have one.

I have two AK's (a cheap WASR and a milled Polish).  I keep them only because when a student wants to go shooting, they get a kick out of shooting an AK.  I had a nice Bulgarian AK-74, which is much better shooter (both more precise and more pleasing to shoot) than any AK-47 I have shot. But after Sandy hook, I could just get too much money for it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been saving up to get an AK...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:34:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I've been saving up to get an AK...but sometimes I feel like I should get a 3rd AR (or another pistol) instead.

For one AKs cost more now. Plus, I worry our overlords will ban import ammo, or ban importing parts, or whatever.

Granted, gov would ban our trigger fingers if they could. What does the hive say? Start up with AKs, or keep with ARs and continue buying cheap stacking deep?
View Quote

What sort of handguns are you considering?  I'd consider another handgun.  

There are lots of bargains in these used S&Ws.  They ain't making them any more.  I can't think of a better/funner $300 investment.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1626766_Woot___Deal_Alert___SandW_5903_5906_9mm___now__299_delivered_from_Buds.html&page=1

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top