User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I know a gun dealer who would take all his crap to the buy backs. and he would also buy good stuff from people waiting in line.

I say trading your crap for thier money is a good thing.

That's a great idea!  I say drive down there and buy some of the working hardware.  "I'll give you $120 for that pistol!"  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The only way I would turn one in is if the gift certificate was to a gun store.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Id do it.

+1

If I give each of you $100 can I fuck you in the ass?

Lube or no?

Well, I hadn't thought that far into it.  Let me get back to you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Keep it...$100 ain't worth the satifaction of letting the libtards get another legally owned gun.

+100 (dollars)

ETA... now, if you could trade a $9.99 softair for the $100.00, then laught when they parade your  softair on the local MSM talking about how they "got another gun off the streets"
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#6]
If there is no paperwork linking the gun to you I'd keep it.  But I'm sure the vendor kept track of where the guns went so I'd probably get rid of it.  The moral dillema can be defeated by spending the money you get on more guns mags or ammo.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Id do it.

+1

Lube or no?

You should think these things through!

In all seriousness, success or failure of a buyback program, financed with your tax dollars, is not going to change their minds about wanting to take your guns.  Hell, if it fails, they may feel the need to resort to more "aggressive"  methods of "getting guns off of the street".  Basically, fuck them, might as well get something for your tax dollars.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#8]
They are not wining by buying your gun. You are getting $100 of their limited funds.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Id do it.

+1

Lube or no?

BYOL
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#10]
keep it, you couldnt replace it for $100 if you wanted to, once you get rid of it yiou cant get another, it's better than no gun at all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know a gun dealer who would take all his crap to the buy backs. and he would also buy good stuff from people waiting in line.

That's a great idea!  I say drive down there and buy some of the working hardware.  "I'll give you $120 for that pistol!"  

Hell, stand in line and just trade your POS raven with somebody handing in a Colt, S&W, etc! They're just going to trade it in for the $100 certificate, so what do they care?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Even though the Raven was a uber cheaply made and priced pistol - it was also was a gem of rapid low cost manufacturing technology.

I remember dealer packages of "5 pistols shipped to your door for $100" aka the gun show table filler.

What may be even more sorry is that when tested in a heads up contest against a Beretta it went thru 500 rnds with 100% reliability. Beating the Beretta badly in both reliability and price... (Made in USA!)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

In all seriousness, success or failure of a buyback program, financed with your tax dollars, is not going to change their minds about wanting to take your guns.  Hell, if it fails, they may feel the need to resort to more "aggressive"  methods of "getting guns off of the street".  Basically, fuck them, might as well get something for your tax dollars.

..................And thus, the idea of using "Eminent Domain" as a method of confiscating guns was born................................

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Its pot metal and its not doing anything just sitting there.  I wish we had one of these turn ins as well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#15]
If you traded it for the $100, then used that money to buy an AR lower, could you call it even then?

You took a POS pistol off the street and put an 'assault rifle' onto the street.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I love those "no questions asked" gun turn-in programs.
Seems like a great way to dispose of evidence.

+1

and in Compton area no less. I wonder if there is a supply of weapons that have been used in crimes that are in "unsolved" files, all in use around Compton that will get turned in, destroyed, and the bad guys win another one.

Or, how about the guy who goes and robs a house for the guns a few days before the turn in, takes them to the turn-in "no questions asked", and the guns are rec'd by the police and destroyed!

The Po-po just became fences of stolen goods, and then destroy evidence from a recent crime that should be at a minimum able to return the guns to the owner.

[comic book guy] stupidest....program....ever! [/comic book guy]

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#17]
That's an interesting point.  Someone should ask the city if they are screening the turn-ins for stolen property to return it to the rightful owners.   That ought to make them blow their tops.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Hell, no! That just plays into the favor of the gun grabbers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have a Raven Arms .25 caliber pistol that I received, brand new, as a gift from a vendor about 15 years ago.  Needless to say, it has been sitting in the back of my gunsafe collecting surface rust because I won't shoot it.

Now, Los Angeles County has a gun trade-in program going on right now where you can turn it in to be destroyed, "no questions asked", for a $100.00 gift card for Circuit City, Ralphs Supermarket or Toys R Us.

The question is, should I turn it in and get the gift card?  We will be buying an under-the-counter CD Player/Radio/TV tuner in the next day or so anyways, so it would mean saved cash that I can put towards something else.  Or, do you feel adding even one gun to their totals means a win for the anti-gun folks.

Another downside, I have to drive to Compton to turn it in...  

Eric  

You'd need the gun to survive the trip to Compton...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Hell NO !!!!!!!! Now I won't be buying anything at Circuit city.Give it for a Chrismas gift.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Frankly, I'm disgusted you would even consider catering to one of  those bullshit Anti-gun firearms turn-in events.

What's next? Turn in your rifle and win a date with dianne Feinstain?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, stand in line and just trade your POS raven with somebody handing in a Colt, S&W, etc! They're just going to trade it in for the $100 certificate, so what do they care?

Best idea so far just use the situation to get you something good
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Frankly, I'm disgusted you would even consider catering to one of  those bullshit Anti-gun firearms turn-in events.

A Mossberg .22 from Walmart might be worth giving Feinstein the 'ole donkey punch.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Financially speaking, you made $100.  Can you get more selling it outright?  As far as the politics of it goes..  Your call.  I wouldn't do it just because my principals would haunt me to no end..

+1

But my principles would haunt me, not my scholastic administrators.

- Kool-Aid (LCA tsxx37)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess freedom is only worth 100 bucks these days
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I guess freedom is only worth 100 bucks these days

Actually, freedom costs a buck 'o five.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A Mossberg .22 from Walmart might be worth giving Feinstein the 'ole donkey punch.

Easy there! I got one of those Mossbergs for my 16th Birthday back in the '80s. It was a  fine .22!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy there! I got one of those Mossbergs for my 16th Birthday back in the '80s. It was a  fine .22!

Indeed they are! That's why it would be a good idea to buy 2.  They're cheap enough.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#29]
IF YOU PLAY WITH FIRE>>>YOU'LL PISS THE BED!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Too bad  you don't have about 1000 of those crappy guns.   I'd take them all in and dump them on em.   Where can you get 75-100% on your investment?   Plasma screen tv here I come. Or you could sell your gift cards and buy a real gun.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Keep it...$100 ain't worth the satifaction of letting the libtards get another legally owned gun.

Ditto
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Why not???  I hear she puts out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top