Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
In my 6 years with the company, this is the first year we have had the day after Thanksgiving off. The bosses sent an email out telling us.

I instantly replied and said “Thanks guys! I really appreciate that!” It took literally 15 seconds at the most.

The other day the owner’s wife said “I just wanted to let you know it really meant a lot to him that you said thank you.” You mean he brought it up in conversation? “Yes, he brought it up at dinner.”

Myself and ONE other person out of 30ish said thank you for an extra paid day off. And I think it was the guy right next to me who I mentioned my "Thanks" to. Then I heard people bitching and saying big deal and that we should have it every year.

I’m going to try to enjoy my time off and be grateful for it. Bunch of entitlement bastages on all fronts these days it seems.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.

Thursday I will stuff myself so full it will hurt.
Friday, I will recover from food, while eating leftovers
Saturday, I'm going camping through Sunday, maybe Monday
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Must be nice.  I still have my Saturday through Wednesday work week.  

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In my 6 years with the company, this is the first year we have had the day after Thanksgiving off. The bosses sent an email out telling us.

I instantly replied and said “Thanks guys! I really appreciate that!” It took literally 15 seconds at the most.

The other day the owner’s wife said “I just wanted to let you know it really meant a lot to him that you said thank you.” You mean he brought it up in conversation? “Yes, he brought it up at dinner.”

Myself and ONE other person out of 30ish said thank you for an extra paid day off. And I think it was the guy right next to me who I mentioned my "Thanks" to. Then I heard people bitching and saying big deal and that we should have it every year.

I’m going to try to enjoy my time off and be grateful for it. Bunch of entitlement bastages on all fronts these days it seems.

Do you send a thank you email when you're allowed to go home at night?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got a day off that they haven't had off in the 6 years he worked there.  Why on earth would he let the opportunity to be grateful pass him by?  Guess who is most likely to be last on the list for getting laid off on Jan 1st?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:53:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you mis-read what he typed. You may want to re-read before sticking your arse out like that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I own my own business.

I'm never "off".
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#8]
11 day weekend for me.  I am deer hunting all next week.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:18:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully I will only work a 1/2 day Wednesday. They have a habit of not telling until the day before.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:11:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanksgiving is the traditional kick-off of the "domestic season" in the bail bond business.  Yeah, the courts are closed and attorneys aren't in their offices but the cops are out doing their jobs (increased DUI patrols, etc) and I'm on call 24/7/365 unless I leave the state & shut off my phone.

WORK, work, WORK, work, work.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#11]
4.5 days : 1/2 day tomorrow, off Th, F, Sa, S

most likely won't do any real work tomorrow either  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be worth a re-read and thanks to two others for reading the post.

These 3 guys started a company and stuck their necks out for what reason? To make money and own their own business. We get Thanksgiving day off as most do. Then they made the decision to spend THOUSANDS of dollars of their own money to give us an extra day to sit at home and reload some ammo, deer hunt, reply to posts without reading the content, whatever. Yes, I am grateful for it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#13]
0 day week for me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top