BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:24:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]

They actually work well,  I've tried a bunch of others and I always come back to these...
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Rather partial to my Blackhawk fap gloves.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
You rang? I am tactical, I am high speed, I am tier 1. Pretty much a bad sumbitch and I use these; Tier 1, tactical bad sumbitch gloves They are priced fairly and also allow me to slap incoming boolits away like the annoying little flies that they are. Highly recommended!

Seriously though; Mechanix.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It took me a long time to wear a pair like this out.

http://www.mechanix.com/tactical/m-pact-covert-glove

Granted I don't use them all day every day like I did years ago, but these last 3 times longer that a regular pair of Mechanix gloves. Those aren't exactly like the ones I had, but that is the model. I got them a WalMart one day. I need to order anther pair.

ETA The ones I bought had an extra thick index finger tip as well, so those aren't exactly the same. The finger tip is what I wear out anyway.

I'm on my third pair of these. They rip out pretty easy between the fingers. I still use them.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#7]

This guy has his shit together

But seriously, I've been using a pair of these nearly everyday for a while now. They are holding up great. I've used mechanix and just didn't like them...can't quite put my finger on it but they just aren't for me. The ORs have stood up to heavy use and are still going strong!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Operator operator operator.

I need some high speed low drag shooting gloves to operate with, any recommendations?

Steal these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CamelBak-Friction-Fighter-Nomex-Gloves-Desert-Tan-or-Sage-Green-/390501069948?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#9]

These, but I do a lot of opfor, and sim rounds fucking hurt on the hands.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#10]

O.K. I laughed.  The roll was great touch.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I use flight gloves for just about everything.

THIS.  Flight gloves have been my choice for shooting gloves ever since I discovered the trick one day at the range.  Keeps revolvers from burning the hair off my knuckles.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#12]
i always just used some black baseball batting gloves
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, I have a related question.
Anybody have suggestions on heat-resistant shooting gloves? Something that will allow you to grab a 400 degree suppressor and unscrew or tighten it without melting or transfering too much heat to your hand?

Kevlar/nomex will prevent the glove from combusting. Only thicker gloves will stop transfer of heat to your hand, like an oven mitt. Or maybe an ove-glove.

Asbestos will do it, but you'll give up a bit of dexterity

and life expectancy
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hatch CQB

I like how they keep the seams off of the tip of my finger. They don't fuck up fine dexterity, and I can pick up small objects & operate a BFT with my finger even with them on. They hold up great.

Friction Fighter gloves are great, but also twice as much as the Hatch gloves.

Butt fucking tool?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

As everybody said, Mechanix work very well. I have a pair of SKD PIG gloves. While I like them, the 550 cord loop for pulling them on ripped the 3rd time I used them. That was annoying. But other than that they're holding up well.

I'm waiting for those to come back in stock

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is the glove that is issued to change barrels with.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/all_images/Vietnam/ArticlePix/Vietnam-Weapons-19.jpg

Several years ago I picked up a pair of those.  Best oven mitts ever made!

I wore out a pair of Hatch gloves, particularly the right thumb from single action shooting of my GP-100, wore out a pair or two of some kind of "glove - hot weather" saved a pair of nomex flight gloves by stuffing them into a set of leather work gloves and using them as my MG qual range gloves and have a set of Hatch fingerless in my range bag.  

Gloves wear out.  They are a consumable.  Buy accordingly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#17]
OR has at least 10 different pairs to suit your needs. All are flame resistant. All are constructed of leather/nomex and newer versions let you use your touch screen without taking the gloves off.

You can even get made in the USA, you'll just pay a little bit.

The absolute best are their Overlord gloves. Mechanix, Oakley, nothing comes remotely close to how well these gloves are constructed, how long they last, and the dexterity they deliver.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hatch CQB

I like how they keep the seams off of the tip of my finger. They don't fuck up fine dexterity, and I can pick up small objects & operate a BFT with my finger even with them on. They hold up great.

Butt fucking tool?

Blue Force Tracker, big touch-screen GPS thingy

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hatch CQB

Butt fucking tool?

Blue Force Tracker, big touch-screen GPS thingy

Gotcha  I should have know that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Mechanix get the job done and are cheap. But the fingertips tear and expose your bare skin. Then the stitching comes apart at the velcro straps.

I started using the thin Blackhawk cool gloves. Works surprisingly well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510HzQfrHjL.jpg

Those particular gloves are a mother fucker to get. I can get the other mechanix gloves but every place I look for those particular ones they don't carry them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This guy has his shit together

But seriously, I've been using a pair of these nearly everyday for a while now. They are holding up great. I've used mechanix and just didn't like them...can't quite put my finger on it but they just aren't for me. The ORs have stood up to heavy use and are still going strong!

I wish I could have had a few pairs in Iraq. I'd really like to see how they hold up to super hard use. I just don't get to use them hard enough to see what they're really made of. Dexterity is phenomenal in them, though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510HzQfrHjL.jpg

Those particular gloves are a mother fucker to get. I can get the other mechanix gloves but every place I look for those particular ones they don't carry them.

I think they were replaced. You can find a more expensive 'covert' model at uscav. Id link to it but im on my phone.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Blackhawk

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SOLAG-Full-Finger-Gloves-wNomex,1050,1498.htm

Blackhawk gloves

These are the ones I use.

I use blackhawks as well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top