Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I can't get from point A to point B going to work without getting run down.  I'm in the center lane of a 3 lane highway, going 10 over the speed limit, 75mph.  People in right lane are 100 years old going 45.  People in passing lane are out of their minds must be going 100.  I have 3 different people pull up on my bumper flashing their lights, blowing horns, and one woman as she went by giving me the finger, all just trying to get to work.  I know CSB but damn WTF?
View Quote

How dare you drive on my road?  Don't you know I have things to do?

At least that's how I used to see CA Bay Area BMW or Volvo drivers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PARENTS in the olden days (including mine and now my kids) taught their kids that you travel in the right lane, pass in the left lane and damn well move over if somebody comes up behind you in the left lane.  It's not my business how fast you go and it's sure not my business to impede your travel by hanging out in the left lane at any speed.  I only travel in the left lane when I am actively passing.. .period.  Same for my adult children.  

Please pass it on.  This is part of what makes America great.  You MORONS who think you own the PASSING lane are just that....morons.
View Quote

When the limit is 65, the right lane is doing 45, you're in the middle doing 75, and the left lane is doing mach 12, the guy that pulls up behind you with his lights flashing is just an asshole.  Assholes don't get opinions in my world.  It's nice here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Probably pissed off people from your troll thread wanting to know where the video is.  
View Quote

I'm betting his neighbor is following him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is how I see it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you're not in the act of overtaking another vehicle you should be in the right lane.  Period.  Your speed, nor the speed of other vehicles on the road are of any concern.

Flashing lights means they want to pass, move out of the way when it's safe.

No, no, no.

Right lane is for slow moving vehicles.

Center lane is for vehicles moving at or near the speed limit.

Left lane is for vehicles moving well above the speed limit.

Once we get everyone to agree to this, the better off we will all be.

This is how I see it.

I'm not particularly torn up on the subject but what good can come from treating the middle lane as a cruising lane when the right lane is open (e.g. you aren't actually passing someone)?

That creates a situation where faster traffic is going to pass on both the left and the right and that's not a safe situation.  I get where you are coming from, but your idea requires too much arbitrary judgement of what a "good" speed is for the middle lane whereas "keep right except to pass" leaves very little to interpretation.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The highway here is 75mph I may or may not do about 80mph and still have people on my ass. The only time I get close to people is when they are doing like 60 in a 75 which causes a problem.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, no, no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you're not in the act of overtaking another vehicle you should be in the right lane.  Period.  Your speed, nor the speed of other vehicles on the road are of any concern.

No, no, no.

Problem is when the people in the left lane think it's moving too slow they move to the right lane and try to make it happen from there.

When someone pulls up on my bumper I slow down. I have noticed that women in general seem to be the aggressive ones around here. Not that men aren't but I'd be 70% of the time when you get a look or see them int he mirror it's a woman
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're confused. Right lane is for merging and slower moving traffic. Center is cruising and Left for the idiots that have somewhere they THINK they need to be.

Yes, by flashing their lights they are telling you they are more important than you and you have no business being there. However they are as confused as you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

PARENTS in the olden days (including mine and now my kids) taught their kids that you travel in the right lane, pass in the left lane and damn well move over if somebody comes up behind you in the left lane.  It's not my business how fast you go and it's sure not my business to impede your travel by hanging out in the left lane at any speed.  I only travel in the left lane when I am actively passing.. .period.  Same for my adult children.  

Please pass it on.  This is part of what makes America great.  You MORONS who think you own the PASSING lane are just that....morons.
View Quote

Well thought out and intelligent argument on the subject matter at hand, you should be applauded.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would seem you are the MORON

Three lanes means the left lane is the passing lane, not the center one. The right lane is for slow moving traffic and merging traffic. You may want to pass that on to your parents and children
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They drive at the same magnitude of assholism on all 3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rt 84 or 95?  

Eta: or 91?  They drive like assholes on 91.

meh

Much of arfcom never had the joyful experience of the I-95 tollbooths in Connecticut.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I've given up. I'll just go around. Whatever.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably pissed off people from your troll thread wanting to know where the video is.  

You seriously need to get over the other thread at this point.  It's getting old.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You seriously need to get over the other thread at this point.  It's getting old.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for us.
Give a better update.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#14]
You mean like assholes that won't post the fucking video?  Those kinds of assholes???

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Autism caused by vaccines
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Come to sunny Phoenix, where in the winter months, we are besieged by snowbirds from all the godforsaken snow covered hells in the land. And Canadians. Here you can see stupid driver tricks like stopping at the end of a non-metered on ramp (they're metered during specific hours during the week, supposedly to reduce the number of merging accidents and traffic snarls caused by people too stupid to figure out how to merge.) waiting for someone who, on the freeway is doing 65 to 70 to stop and let them in. They also have a propensity to drive down the on ramp at a speed that would make Ghandi punch a fucking baby, looking around bewildered when cars that aren't doing twelve miles an hour do things like whip around them on the horn.

They're no better on the surface streets. You might spot a whale of a Cadillac cruising along at 15 under the mind boggling speed of forty five fucking miles an hour, straddling the lane divider with their turn signal on, ensuring that nobody can safely pass their rolling roadblock of "WHAT IN THE PURPLE FUCK IS THIS GUY DOING?" Now if it was in the 1930s, I might cut them some slack, since they ostensibly could remember horse and buggy. Shit, my great grandmother actually did remember taking a buckboard into town. However, her reaction to these idiot snowbird drivers (before we asked her to give up driving after a major stroke) was generally "Get the hell outta the way-I'm too old to sit in traffic!" (I miss my granny-she could run the table on you playing 9 ball. After I lost about 15 bucks - a dollar a game-I realized that her "little old lady" schtick was how she paid for beers at the Elks lodge)

Anyway, back to the snowbirds-50 in a 65, left hand turns from the right hand lane, totally ignoring the left turn lane (suicide lane) to make a left, though the idiots use it as a third lane when traffic is too bad to make a left somewhere. You can turn into it and wait for a hole, but you can't drive a mile down it. I lost several friends to snowbirds when I rode a motorcycle.

We bitch about drunk drivers and stoned drivers, but how about old drivers that are on 20 different medications and haven't taken an actual driving test since Kennedy was in office? Shit, my license is good until I'm 65. That's 28 more years.

Would it be that bad to retest people every 10 years or so? Maybe a more in depth test than drive around the block and parallel park? See how they merge onto the freeway, see if they can actually handle freeway speeds. If now, give them a restricted license. No freeways, no night driving, no driving on roads with a speed limit over 45 or 50.

Sure I'm gonna get flamed on this-yes, experience counts for something. But if you can't manage freeway speeds, you are a hazard to navigation. If you can't maintain lanes in the dark, you are a danger to yourself and others. Freedom to travel is a right, I agree with that completely. But endangering others is not a right. And an 80 year old getting on the freeway going the wrong way is certainly endangering others. We've had people killed recently here-including a cop, because people get confused and get on the freeway going the wrong way.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You mean like assholes that won't post the fucking video?  Those kinds of assholes???

View Quote
No I mean like assholes that don't comprehend what they read in the thread where it says they were advised by legal counsel NOT to post the fucking video so it won't happen.  So get over it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Speed up, slow poke!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
City living lol.
View Quote

And living in the "country".lol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I can't get from point A to point B going to work without getting run down.  I'm in the center lane of a 3 lane highway, going 10 over the speed limit, 75mph.  People in right lane are 100 years old going 45.  People in passing lane are out of their minds must be going 100.  I have 3 different people pull up on my bumper flashing their lights, blowing horns, and one woman as she went by giving me the finger, all just trying to get to work.  I know CSB but damn WTF?
View Quote

The Deerfoot in Calgary huh?!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#21]
It would be easier to list why people are normal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like i25. No one gives any fucks
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#23]
The right lane is for people doing the speed limit and under.  The middle lane is for actively passing those people.  The left lane is for passing botards who treat the center lane like the right lane.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#24]
OP - Move.  Your life will be better for it.  Best choice I made.... ever.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your problem is that you live in CT.
View Quote

Yea, they are the worst drivers in the U.S.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I don't know why I came here tonight
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Assholes to the left, Jokers to the right...

....And here I am stuck in the middle again.

I don't know why I came here tonight

Something just isn't right.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
If he was doing 75 in the middle lane and they were doing 45 in the right lane, it's pretty safe to assume he was overtaking the vehicles in the right lane like they were standing still.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Holy shit, 1988 called and it wants its instrument cluster back.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

'09 Tacoma

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

'09 Tacoma

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'09 Tacoma

I'd get my money back if I had to look at that thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'09 Tacoma

I like the uncluttered analog look.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#32]
At least the fast fuckers are in the left lane, and the slow fuckers are in the right lane.

I grew up in CT. I know your feels, bro.

But living in AZ has made CT driving seem like heaven by comparison.

Here EVERYONE drives slow. In all the lanes. All the time.

People have no idea what the fuck is going on at any time.

I always say that if you took an average Tucson driver, and put him on 84 or 91, he'd get PIT'ed and beaten to death by a bunch of soccer moms in about 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#33]
It's America.  We'll drive where the hell we please, breaking whatever laws we please.  Just like you, speeding in the wrong lane.  Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?  FWIW, doing 45 in the right hand lane is legal, since 45 is minimum interstate speed.   The old folks aren't the ones breaking the law here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I've got shit to do. Golden Corral and the Social Security Office will still be there when you get there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've got shit to do. Golden Corral and the Social Security Office will still be there when you get there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqcXgODTeOU

Somebody embed that shit, it won't let me do it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#37]
CT?  That's what's supposed to happen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:45:34 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'09 Tacoma

Toyota still uses the gauges from a H Farmall?

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#39]
MN drivers suck. I cant just go for an easy drive anymore, there's always some sort of stressful close call or stupid moments during the drive.

MN drivers wont let you easily enter a turn lane. Hell, sometimes they'll jump the gun and seemingly try  to cut you off from behind.

These drivers will constantly overtake each other and seemingly try to block each other too.

They'll also illegally use the shoulder to pass you while you're waiting for a clearing to turn. Doesn't matter what time or day, heavy traffic or not.

But worst of all, if you're trying to slow down to take a turn at an appropriate speed or make the entrance to your driveway- the driver behind you will get as close as possible to your bumper until you're out of their way.

There is no patience.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#40]
I get the same thing, seems like no matter how fast I go someone is riding my ass.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#41]
If the daily drive is too much, then take the bus.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:37:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Well said, Gravity Tester.

Quoted:

Somebody embed that shit, it won't let me do it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:42:54 AM EDT
[#43]
You should stick around, it gets worse.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:45:36 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Everybody driving in the right lane on a 3 lane highway? That's how you get congestion.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:42:23 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OP has 3 lanes, not 2.

http://memedepot.com/uploads/0/359_reading.jpg

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Speed up asshole, and stop hogging the lane!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

OP has 3 lanes, not 2.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP has 3 lanes, not 2.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#48]

OP is in Connecticut so those reloads better be less than ten and fed into a fixed magazine or revolver.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
OP is in Connecticut so those reloads better be less than ten and fed into a fixed magazine or revolver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

meh

Much of arfcom never had the joyful experience of the I-95 tollbooths in Connecticut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rt 84 or 95?  

Eta: or 91?  They drive like assholes on 91.

meh

Remember this?  Stratford Toll Booth Disaster

7 KILLED WHEN TRUCK PLOWS INTO VEHICLES AT TOLL BOOTH.

Stratford, Conn. (AP) -- A truck that plowed into vehicles waiting at a toll booth, triggering an explosion that killed seven people and injured three others, veered into a "cars only" lane for unknown reasons, police said.

"It is hard to say where one (car) begins and the other ends. From the flames everything sort of melted together," toll plaza superintendent Joe Bridgefort said after the accident Wednesday.

Six people burned beyond recognition were pronounced dead at the scene at the Connecticut Turnpike's Stratford toll station on Interstate 95.

A seventh victim, described only as a preschool-age boy, died late Wednesday night after being kept on life-support equipment at Bridgeport Hospital, a spokeswoman said.  

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top