Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not a problem that it gets captured, but who has access to it bothers me. It's likely going to be some $11hr dude tracking when you, and your wife and kids leave.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Better hide them well.

Betting people who live in the neighborhood will be vandalizimg them just as quickly as those who are opportunistic shits thieving from the neighborhood.

We already cannot identify thieves in the neighborhoods at night by way of security camera because they are smart enough to use a hoodie to obscure their faces.   Facial recognize that...

And many cameras at night are highly IR sensitive such that license plates become unreadable if the lighting becomes too reflective or sources near the object are too bright.

The argument of "if you are jot doing anytbing wrong you have nothing to fear" is the type of 1984 shit we dont need in our lives.    Driving down a street with a home for sale shouldnt some how wind up with my phone or emails getting unwarranted solicitations.

Want my information?   Do it the old fashioned way with legitimate foot work and investigative techniques.

Hope these brainacs get McStain type cancer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DAMMIT ZOE!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So would a hacker (or the gov.) be able to change things around?

Put your car/face in place of someone else and screw you over?

Or is that unpossible and I've watched too many movies over the years?
DAMMIT ZOE!
lol,didn't think of that.

I was thinking about The Manchurian Candidate where they swapped out someone else for Denzels character at the security checkpoint.............
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Better hide them well.

Betting people who live in the neighborhood will be vandalizimg them just as quickly as those who are opportunistic shits thieving from the neighborhood.

We already cannot identify thieves in the neighborhoods at night by way of security camera because they are smart enough to use a hoodie to obscure their faces.   Facial recognize that...

And many cameras at night are highly IR sensitive such that license plates become unreadable if the lighting becomes too reflective or sources near the object are too bright.

The argument of "if you are jot doing anytbing wrong you have nothing to fear" is the type of 1984 shit we dont need in our lives.    Driving down a street with a home for sale shouldnt some how wind up with my phone or emails getting unwarranted solicitations.

Want my information?   Do it the old fashioned way with legitimate foot work and investigative techniques.

Hope these brainacs get McStain type cancer.
View Quote
I remember cameras being destroyed when England put them in.As time went by,I stopped hearing about them being destroyed and from what I've seen,they are everywhere.

I don't see it ending up differently here-some will destroy cameras every chance they get in the beginning,some will bitch and try to avoid them,and the majority will either not care or like them.

And we will continue marching forward..........
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I remember cameras being destroyed when England put them in.As time went by,I stopped hearing about them being destroyed and from what I've seen,they are everywhere.

I don't see it ending up differently here-some will destroy cameras every chance they get in the beginning,some will bitch and try to avoid them,and the majority will either not care or like them.

And we will continue marching forward..........
View Quote
Oh I agree.

There is a dark sided rant that I could go off on but I will simply say that all this tedious shit is why I am glad I am the last of my line and havent contributed to the gene pool.

I dont like where this world is headed and at some point when I am older I will likely become a hermit and do my absolute best to no longer participate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Several of the exclusive gated communities that I work in have similar systems.

License plate recognition cams, no in/out without being called in by the homeowner, speed cameras and armed security who can (and do) write traffic tickets. The traffic tickets start at $100 and go up from there.
One community checks license, registration and proof of insurance on every visitor, every time. I had to make an hour and a half round trip home to get my insurance card once, they wouldn't accept proof of insurance via phone app (cops do but they wouldn't).

Speed cameras and security guards doing traffic enforcement seems to only apply to visitors.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#8]
The turnkey tyranny and surveillance state must advance.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't see any way to stop it.

Kids will be born into it and look at it all as normal-Just have to wait for us older folks to die off.

The freedom ship sailed a long long time ago,and isn't coming back.

I said for years that microchipping kids would be a start-kid gets grabbed and rescued quickly because they had him chipped,and people would be lining up to have their kids chipped.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're only just at the tip of the post-privacy world and things are only going to continue to change and become more connected.

It will be done in the name of safety and security, of course, and bit at a time ... like dropping a frog in boiling water.

You're going to see biometic tied ID cards locked to your eye's iris or your fingerprints. Later it could be to your actual DNA itself.

Real time tracking of vehicles and people is already possible following cellphones.

George Orwell missed it by just a few years.

It's our liberty and freedom that are at stake and people continue to allow the federal government to grow stronger and stronger and to give commercial companies more of their daily activities.
I don't see any way to stop it.

Kids will be born into it and look at it all as normal-Just have to wait for us older folks to die off.

The freedom ship sailed a long long time ago,and isn't coming back.

I said for years that microchipping kids would be a start-kid gets grabbed and rescued quickly because they had him chipped,and people would be lining up to have their kids chipped.
The next guy mutilates the kid to get rid of the chip. See the documentary Demolition Man.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Given the paranoid nutsjobs in my HOA's "neighborhood watch" think they're going to stop burglaries by driving patrols around the neighborhood with wireless sniffers (wifi and cellphone), it wouldn't surprise me at all if there are a couple of those cameras in the neighborhood.

Some of these dudes are crazy; the tinfoil hat seriously cutting off circulation to their brains...and the anime ain't helping much either...and the facebook profiles full of pics of kids...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top